Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @79.88 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 21/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 921.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | | |-+  Web video series: Game Changer (show)

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Web video series: Game Changer (show)  (Read 815 times)
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: August 03, 2023 @971.55 »

I was wondering if any of you know of and maybe also enjoy the web series called Game Changer.

Honestly, if anyone had told me to watch something by CollegeHumor for fun, I wouldn't have thought to do it - all I associated with them before was very outdated, lame, early millennial internet meme humor that just doesn't fit anymore.
But I found out about this show through a YouTube Poop* by DaThings, a creator I like to watch, who has created a video based on an episode of the show.

Basically, it is a game show, but the format changes every episode. Some of them are available in full for free on their YouTube channel, the rest is on their paid service (sadly).

Here's the entire playlist. My favorite ones so far are The Sound Impression Challenge and the Lie Detector. They all start slow/normal and become very ridiculous.

Anyone else enjoying this? :grin:

*YouTube Poop: The name of the category of videos that are cut in a way so the original meaning of the material is warped. Video and sound editing is used to make funny videos out of commercials, other YouTube videos, intros, music videos, TV series and others. Most YTPs used to be fairly offensive in humour, but over the recent years a lot of great creators popped up that make funny videos without relying on slurs, racism etc. and existing ones have changed. DaThings is a trans creator doing YTPs for like 10 years now, and her content is very cool, with subtitles, content warnings and so on, which I appreciate.

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
BananaBoots
Jr. Member ⚓︎

↑ Soooooo normal about him (lying)

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: bananaboots
iMood: bananaboots
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2023 @511.98 »

Oh, I love Game Changer! ...What I've seen of it, anyway. Luckily, I tend to stumble across loads of clips from it on Tumblr and I've seen most of the free episodes that are on YouTube. Did you know they have a shorts channel? It's not the same as watching an actual episode, of course, but there's loads of content on there so it kind of keeps me from being too upset that the rest of the show is behind a paywall.

Boots (it/he)

BlazingCobaltX
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2023 @648.54 »

Not heard of Game Changer, but I do now DaThings! I can quote most of the Les Miserables one from my head  :cheerR:
akesi
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2023 @946.78 »

oh I love gamechanger, I was subscribed to their streaming service for a bit just to watch all of it (there's a couple dozen episodes -- and they have a few other series that are pretty good)

Yeah, it's wild how collegehumor managed to stay relevant. Like, it is still the "humor of college students" -- it's just that the humor of college students has changed significantly.
owlhari
Casual Poster ⚓︎

attune your ears to the grinding gears!

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: owlhari

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2023 @756.66 »

i love game changer! i love lots of the stuff on dropout (like dimension 20... my beloved) but i find myself rewatching game changer a lot. my favorite episode besides the survivor specials is probably the escape room :]

as someone who really really hates secondhand embarrassment, some segments can be Too Much, but not as many as i was expecting. i think it helps that from behind-the-scenes stuff and just the overall vibe, it's clear that everyone involved wants to be there and they wouldn't be doing it if they were actually super uncomfortable. it's nice, compared to other shows in the same genre that make me want to hide in a blanket

owl(s) | they/xe | plural
Swiftpaw

it/its

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2023 @681.98 »

I love Game Changer, it used to be something I'd play in the background but the website I used to pirate it went down and I haven't been able to find an alternative. I've been trying to find someone who's account I can borrow just to watch it haha

I also hate secondhand embarrassment but it's not super bad to me, there's just a few segments of episodes that I skip.

Bede
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood boygirl!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: azure

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2023 @764.28 »

I've seen a ton of clips from this show online and have wanted to watch it SO bad, but knew that it was locked behind a subscription service. Had no idea there was a playlist of a small handful of free episodes!! Thank you so much for sharing, so excited to binge these~!

(Also, if anyone knows current any places to, erm... Legally... Obtain this show... In Minecraft... Then please hit me up with a link! I will be eternally grateful. My usual sites don't have it.)

CELEBRATE THE REJECTS, EVISCERATE THE PRESETS ⋆。˚

Finel
Casual Poster ⚓︎

AY UP!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2023 @945.65 »

I love game changer, I love a lot of dropout shows, It is honestly easy for me to forget it's of collage humor since before dropout I didn't vibe with their humor. I am not sure what changed but I love the cast and what they do now - game changer, dimension 20, make some noise, etc ,etc.

I have a friend who gave me their log in info (otherwise I would share) but before that I just watched through clips, which usually are the funniest parts of the episodes anyway. I can also recommend the spin off show Make Some Noise (based on the improve episodes of game changer). 

I happen to find a site which includes all of drop out shows (without paying, if you catch my drift), but not sure if I am allowed to post a link to that here? but if not I can just send a link to anyone interested  :eyes:

Finel ✡ - He/They
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonEngine - Mini Three.js Game Engine

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 1
Views: 2180
Last post February 22, 2022 @261.66
by ellievoyyd
Ozwomp's Voyage in Cyberspace - Video Project

Started by MelooonBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 3
Views: 2218
Last post December 06, 2021 @791.33
by Melooon
Website size

Started by RolyBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 58
Views: 8529
Last post March 30, 2024 @910.61
by Semper

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi