Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @158.78 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  I think I have found my new home!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I think I have found my new home!  (Read 658 times)
Memory
« on: August 03, 2023 @431.11 »

Hi! I am Snow, and I'm really happy I found this site. I've been looking for a community like this for the longest time. I've only looked around this forum for a few days and I love it already. I see a wonderful, exciting community with heaps of potential to become something more amazing than it already is right now. I would love to make new friends and feel at home here!

Hmm... a bit about myself? I'm 25, and my main interests are music, cartoons/anime, and retro video games. I am addicted to music. I've listened to thousands of albums in my lifetime, ranging from the most popular hits to some of the most abstract, obscure works ever created. If you're looking for some music recommendations, hit me up! I'd love to share my music as well as hear what other Melons like listening to as well. My favourite artists? ...gosh, I have a lot, but if I had to pick my absolute favourites it would probably be:

Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Coil, The Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk, Das Synthetische Mischgewebe, DJ Okawari, Fantastic Plastic Machine, Growing, Herbert, Lunachicks, Miss Kittin & The Hacker, Ned's Atomic Dustbin, The Soft Pink Truth, White Town.

...just to name a few. I'd probably be here all day listing all the artists I like, so I'll stop there.

And as for social media... I've never really understood the appeal of it. I've hardly ever used them and I've never been keen on having an active presence on them. I only really use YouTube and Reddit and even then I rarely ever post anything. I've always favoured the older Internet. I have blissful memories of all the cool and creative websites and games I used to frequent as a kid.

I don't have my own personal site but I am hoping to get around to making one sometime. I... have minimal experience with web design, but I think I'm going to learn a lot about all that during my stay here. :)

Thanks for reading all of this, if you did! I look forward to being a part of this community!!
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2023 @605.88 »

Hi hi Snow; welcome to the forum  :4u:

Im glad you like the forum! Although I am curious to know if you have any particular idea of what you mean by "potential to become something more amazing" whats your idea of more amazing? Or is it just a general enthusiasm?  :grin:

Hmm music! (Is the album linked in your siggy made by you or one you just like??)
Heres a song totally unrelated to your interests I just happen to be listening to that you might enjoy!

Hope u enjoy your time here!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
plantovision
Jr. Member ⚓︎

born to ":3" forced to ":)"

StatusCafe: plantovision

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2023 @616.72 »

Aphex Twin
Yeeeessss >:3

If you like Aphex Twin, then I'd reccommend most of PilotRedSun's works. They're mostly just on YouTube, but they definitely encapsulate the strange electronic vibe that Aphex Twin's songs embody. Here, have a listen.

If you're willing to go deeper in the rabbit hole, though... Allow me to present to you some wacky stuff.

born to be silly, forced to be stupid
Memory
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2023 @650.58 »

Hi hi Snow; welcome to the forum  :4u:

Im glad you like the forum! Although I am curious to know if you have any particular idea of what you mean by "potential to become something more amazing" whats your idea of more amazing? Or is it just a general enthusiasm?  :grin:

Hmm music! (Is the album linked in your siggy made by you or one you just like??)
Heres a song totally unrelated to your interests I just happen to be listening to that you might enjoy!

Hope u enjoy your time here!

Thank you for your reply Melooon!

Ah, as for what I wrote, it was mostly just enthusiasm. Though I suppose what I meant was that I think this site has a very bright future. As I see it right now it is amazing, truly. I love the vibrant and creative atmosphere I see here, and the community is so friendly and awesome. I feel blessed having found this place.  :loved:

That is an interesting song you linked to. The first half of it sounds very curious. The second half sounds pretty frantic at times! I can't say I am familiar with Evelyn Glennie but I am happy to have been introduced to some new music. Thank you so much. :) (the album in my sig is not by me, it's an album I discovered not long ago which has become one of my favourite albums of all time.)

I'll see you around on the forum! Have a nice day!

Yeeeessss >:3

If you like Aphex Twin, then I'd reccommend most of PilotRedSun's works. They're mostly just on YouTube, but they definitely encapsulate the strange electronic vibe that Aphex Twin's songs embody. Here, have a listen.

If you're willing to go deeper in the rabbit hole, though... Allow me to present to you some wacky stuff.

Hi plantovision, thank you for your reply!

Big yes to Aphex Twin and artists who dabble in the wonders of unconventional techno. I vaguely remembering hearing about RedPilotSun some years ago but for some reason I never got around to checking them out. That changes now, having listened to the song you shared. I like this! I'll set some time aside to explore more of their discography, right now I'm open to exploring all kinds of new music so any recommendations are greatly appreciated. :)

Machine Girl reminds me of some songs I've heard in a few video games (namely Touhou and Mars Matrix), and Action Winter Journey... I think that is the best way to describe it - a possessed printer. I love stuff like this though. :P

Hope to see you around! Have a nice day!
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2023 @665.82 »

Evelyn Glennie but I am happy to have been introduced to some new music
She's actually super fascinating; she's completely deaf; theres a great TED talk where she explains how she plays music as a physical act rather than an audio act  :ozwomp:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
urgellx
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Lost on the web

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2023 @800.67 »

Hello ! Welcome to the forum !

I've seen PilotRedSun get mentioned but not his handle for music : Pilotredsky.
Here's a link.
Other than that, have you tried tasting what Schwefelgelb guys make in terms of music ?
(i've seen The Hacker and it reminded me of them, though some people compare them more
to Gesaffelstein (although they've made something much more unique than him, in my op.)
)

Have a good day !

Héhé, écoute, derrière y'avait pas mal de vent.
Memory
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2023 @865.24 »

Hey there!

When it comes to music I mostly prefer 80s, retro wave, psychedelic rock, weird music (like PilotRedSuns) and some more which I forgot now (they definitely are the niche) but many times I happen to like songs/artists that don’t fall to these categories.

My artist proposals…

Maybe you would like Whitey? YouTube link

From vaporwave’y kind of style there is Windows 96. IMO it’s not Vaporwave anymore but dude created their own style  Their latest album link

Another artist is Graham Kartna, it kind of falls into 2000s/kidcore Their .temp album

I would also say Tame Impala, but he’s more mainstream and known

Memory
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2023 @661.17 »

Hello ! Welcome to the forum !

I've seen PilotRedSun get mentioned but not his handle for music : Pilotredsky.
Here's a link.
Other than that, have you tried tasting what Schwefelgelb guys make in terms of music ?
(i've seen The Hacker and it reminded me of them, though some people compare them more
to Gesaffelstein (although they've made something much more unique than him, in my op.)
)

Have a good day !

Thank you for the welcome and the music recs! :) These are more names that are new to me, I'm especially keen on getting around to listening to Gesaffelstein - I looked them up and I see their music is classified as industrial techno/tech house. I am very interested in this.

Hey there!

When it comes to music I mostly prefer 80s, retro wave, psychedelic rock, weird music (like PilotRedSuns) and some more which I forgot now (they definitely are the niche) but many times I happen to like songs/artists that don’t fall to these categories.

My artist proposals…

Maybe you would like Whitey? YouTube link

From vaporwave’y kind of style there is Windows 96. IMO it’s not Vaporwave anymore but dude created their own style  Their latest album link

Another artist is Graham Kartna, it kind of falls into 2000s/kidcore Their .temp album

I would also say Tame Impala, but he’s more mainstream and known

Helloooo :D Thank you for writing in my introduction thread!

I too enjoy a lot of music that fits those genres you mentioned. I haven't heard of any of these artists you linked to though (except Tame Impala, I have listened to them), but I will get around to checking them out soon. :)
Kallistero
Jr. Member ⚓︎

SOON.

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2023 @230.80 »

Hello, and welcome!

Music recommendations thread now?  :melon:

Right now, I'm loving on the song "Rocket Coaster" by Plus Tech Squeeze Box, which sounds like it came straight out of Katamari Damacy. Turns out, that's an entire genre of music, called Shibuya Kei.

"Green Grass of Tunnel" by Mum is a really sleepy ambient happysad piece. Their whole "Finally We are No One" album is nice to just lay on the floor staring at the ceiling to.

There's also this future funk song remix, the Cola Splash version of "With" by Batsu & In the Blue Shirt, which has a lot of repetition but doesn't really feel like it because it has this bright energy to it.

The song "Wading" by Nothing New is surfy cozy not-quite-post rock, and it feels like going to local shows at small venues in the Atlanta music scene again, even though it might be midwestern.

There's also "Rescue Girl" from the Mighty Switch Force 2 OST, which is better a disco track than it has any right being.

The track "Reality Check" by Noname is super soulful and straddles the line between R&B and hip hop, hearkening back to sounds you might've heard in a late 90s track, a real song from the heart.

Now, just for you, here's a song by some cool people, with less than 10 views:

"Just Like Me" by Gasoline Green

It starts slow and gets happier as it picks up, such is life!  :4u:

Hope you enjoy your time here.

No pomegranates. If anyone messages me, and I found out they're a pomegranate, I will ask them to leave! :angry:
Memory
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2023 @268.28 »

Hey there kallistero, thanks for your reply and for all the music recommendations! That's a lot, I really appreciate that. ^^

The only artist I recognise out of all of those is múm, but even still, I haven't heard "Green Grass of Tunnel". I've listened to two of their albums, both quite a while ago now - "Yesterday Was Dramatic – Today Is OK", and "Blái hnötturinn". Both are sweet!

I'm going to get around to listening to everything you listed, and everything that has been recommended to me in this whole thread. I'm thinking I will maybe share one song weekly in the Music Recommendations thread. c:

Sorry I took a while to reply - I'm still around, I've just had a very busy weekend and it's been so chaotic I've hardly had time to sit down and use the computer.

And I'll leave a song for you too. Nowhere near as obscure as yours (it's hard to find stuff with views in the double-digits, that's impressive!), but this one is a pretty unknown electronic/pop song that has less than 2K views and was uploaded 12 years ago:
Astyplaz - What It Feels Like
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023 @581.05 by Snow » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi