Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @573.65 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 68/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Guess Who's Back [Tell A Friend]

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Guess Who's Back [Tell A Friend]  (Read 257 times)
almostcorporeal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

you are a violent and irrepressible mirable

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« on: August 12, 2023 @768.01 »

Howdy everyoneee

I'm back (: For a bit at least before I'll be on much more often again in the winter. We have a weird power situation where our bills get wayyy too pricey in the summers! So I just stay off my PC. I've been doing a lot of reading and crafting by hand!

I missed everyone and wanted to say hi in a more public way so Hi! (:  :4u:

the reviews are in: "living legend amongst us with an acceptable opinion of Radiohead"
brisray
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2023 @884.11 »

There's so many ways of doing this! Just search for them using these keywords - css html theme style switcher

Some that seem relatively simple to use:

Creating a website theme switcher with CSS only

Dr. Strangeswitcher or: How I Learned to Stop Scripting and Love CSS with a live example

Even the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) site has something readable with examples. Sometimes their articles seem to be written by lawyers for lawyers.

There's loads of others around with varying degrees of complexity.

A couple of things to think about:

What language do you want to do this in? PHP, JavaScript, plain CSS with hidden checkboxes and so on.

Are there style defaults you want to keep between themes or is a completely new stylesheet required for each one?

Do you want the chosen style to be "sticky". That is if the page is refreshed or returned to do you want your visitor to keep their chosen theme? If so, two techniques come to mind, use a cookie which is probably the best way, or do what the Strangelove example does and use URL parameters.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi