Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 30, 2024 - @886.57 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 87/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Collections!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Collections!  (Read 2796 times)
TheNothingMonster
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey psst! Wanna see something spooky?

StatusCafe: thenothingmonster

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: August 19, 2023 @619.66 »

---- Collections! ----

I have come across a variety of individuals talking about their collections of diverse media. From traditional to digital, everyone has something to bring closer to their hearts and express their love for it. Some do it as a plain hobby while others put ambitious effort into their work and turning a so-called habit into a living. The latter case is surely miraculous to witness. I've got to admit that I admire such people! It sure ain't easy job. :omg:

Personally, I am not that crazy of a collector. I plainly grab anything that captures my attention. Plus, most things I am looking for are hard to come by. Nonetheless, I enjoy collecting small (non-human) plushies, giving them names and noting their features. Yesterday I bought an oryx plush and named it Boris! :loved: I also have a semi-compact collection of LPS toys of generations 1 & 2 (I think) which has been on hold for a good while since I cannot find these almost anywhere anymore. I also recall messing around with the Trash Pack toys when they were still cool. Now I have no clue where I have them stored. :drat:

I have gone through multiple collecting phases and abandoned habits alike over the years. It is not surprising that some things are difficult to maintain. Sometimes keeping up with the flow over certain media as they come and go is a challenge by itself, aside from spiritual will and practical costs!

So, what about you?
> Have you ever collected anything? If so, what? If not, do you ever plan to start? Is your collection big or small? Do your collections mean anything to you? Do you perhaps have a section on your site with your collections on display? I would love to see what everyone has to share! Feel free to embed links and images of your stuff if you want! :ha:

~~~~~~~~~~~~
virtualtelegrams
Casual Poster

it/they

View Profile

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2023 @682.05 »

I collect CDs! I've got over 100 now. Bunch of punk, rock, some metal, post-hardcore, and various other genres (pop punk/rock, bedroom pop, trance, techno, etc) I've also started a small cassette collection... waiting for Left at London to release more or for yard sales. In the meantime I make my own mixtapes.
Digitally, I collect various graphics I like. Blinkies, stamps, random spinning things... Not *all* graphics strike my eye, but ones that do I save. Gifcities is amazing for this. Just enter a word and you've struck gold! I've got over 1000 little graphics, but they're less  than 45MB total.

I've got to uh... what is the word. Categorise? Something like that. Keep track of my CD collection and what I have. Though some mixups (Wrong disc in case secondhand, disc without case secondhand) would make this an interesting tasks.

-virtualtelegrams
Nickolox
Casual Poster ⚓︎

The Lord of Waluigis

StatusCafe: nickolox

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2023 @106.00 »

I have a lot of little mini collections of stuff in my room, I own about 20 plushies, and a LOT of random waluigi stuff!
The biggest physical collection I have would be all my games, I've got about 100 from various systems (n64, wii, ect.)
The only problem with keeping stuff physically is the lack of space in my room :tnt:
I've stopped collecting things physically for the time being due to that u_u

I think if I have the most of anything it'd be digitally, if that counts. I'm kind of a digital hoarder LOL
I've got a collection of Waluigi fanart that's at about 2400 images now  :omg:
I started it in late 2018, when I first became obsessed with him and now it's just a daily habit of mine to scour the internet for new pictures lol
I bet my collection could be a lot bigger if I did some digging through sites like DeviantArt and nabbed all of the oldest pieces, some artworks I've found date back to as early as 2005!

wah :)
brisray
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2023 @144.97 »

Collections? Wot collections?

About 20 8mm film loop projectors in various states of restoration.

Around 8,000 45rpm singles for the jukebox.

A couple of thousand postcards. Bizarre, Bristol, 1913 Floods, Terre Haute, and Wabash River.

Hundreds of books and for some reason, a drawer full of hammers. But that just sort of happened by accident rather than any sort of deliberate colletion.

* hammers-222011-800.jpg (581.9 kB, 800x600 - viewed 20 times.)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023 @147.27 by brisray » Logged
KatKing
Casual Poster ⚓︎

One little spark is all it takes

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2023 @159.38 »

im not in a place to collect stuff right now, but if i did, i would collect disney pins. not really focused around rareity, just stuff i like and older pins. i currently have two landyard full from when i was a kid, but they are kind of decrepid looking since i was like a sticky toddler when i got them, and idk how to clean them. i have alot of nostaligia and appreciation for disney parks and disney animated films, (not the company business side though, they suck) so it would be nice.

i rememeber my favorite pin being a broken dumbo one, where like there was a spring connecting the head to the body but it got stretched out. i think it was this pin, which has the same thing going on, but id have to check my landard

but yeah, i dont think i could really do that where i am right now. its partually a money thing and partualy a living situation, i dont have a area for myself to store and display things :drat:

ive thought about making digital collections of things i like, so i dont have to worry about them getting messed up or lost. like, you can find alot of cool stickers on the internet. here are some lady and the tramp ones i found on a long dead disney-themed personal site

i put two on my profile because i like them so much. vintage grapics just hit different. even just having them saved to my desktop makes me feel happy. like ive got my own little stickers to ''paste'' wherever. id also like a sticker collection in real life, id probably keep them in a binder though, not use them.

besides those two things, i think my other collections would be more small and specific. like, maybe id like to start a collection of all the little pet shops i used to own. it defiantly is appealing to me, due to simular situations, i dont have alot of stuff from my childhood left. so it would be nice to get them back, in a way.

i just remembered, i do have alot of my ever after high dolls from when i was a kid. i guess that counts? me and my sister LOVED them. they arnt in the best condition, we played with them so much and didnt hold back from roughhousing. i dont mind though, that just means they were well loved.  but a few months ago i cleaned and redid the hairstyles on them. (they were pretty dirty, we would play with them outside...)
I even made clothes for the one with the black hair. i should fix up more of them, but alot of them have curly hair that i dont know what to do with...

Make a little birdhouse in your soul
emeowly
Casual Poster ⚓︎

StatusCafe: emily

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2023 @187.82 »

i have a small collection of feathers i find outside! mostly songbird feathers(couldnt figure out from what birds) but i have a few feathers from mourning doves and rock pigeons, and my favorite feather from a crow that im making into a fan

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2023 @206.23 »

I'd say I'm slowly STARTING to collect things, but I don't really have enough stuff to claim I have a collection of anything. However, these are the stuff I'm hoping to gather more of as time goes by:

- Animal bones
- Empty vials (I fill them up with colored water o make them look like potions  :smile: )
- Movie tickets/reciepts
- Plush toys (specifically ones that are creepy yet cute)

Snow
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2023 @548.85 »

When I was a little younger I used to love collecting music and video games! But sadly nowadays I have to be careful with my spendings so it's very difficult for me to collect things. But throughout the 2010s I amassed a huge amount of CDs - over 600 of them, and I have a variety of games spanning across 10 different consoles. I used to hunt out rare and expensive games and I would treat myself to them when I could. My most valuable item is a copy of Super Tempo for the Sega Saturn - valued at over $650USD. No idea how many copies still exist but if I had to make a guess there's probably less than 30,000 around today.

* SuperTempo1.PNG (568.75 kB, 637x567 - viewed 18 times.)
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2023 @745.36 »

My most valuable item is a copy of Super Tempo for the Sega Saturn - valued at over $650USD. No idea how many copies still exist but if I had to make a guess there's probably less than 30,000 around today.

I collect Sega Saturn games too! I don't have that many but these are the ones that I really really wanted for a while! They're all mecha anime games or Megami tensei. Funny story I initially only ordered Devil Summoner and Gihrens Greed, but the seller accidentally sent me the expansion for it. He let me pick out these free games along with the right one when he sent that, so I got all of these for really really cheap. Eventually sometime soon I'm gonna probably get some ps2 games. Most likely Dmc and RE4.

* IMG_5371.jpg (62.47 kB, 640x480 - viewed 21 times.)

Coffee addict, Gunpla builder, SMT fan.
Bede
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood boygirl!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: azure
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2023 @751.39 »

I collect a small handful of things!

• Not active anymore, but I still have my Pokemon card collection from when I was around 10!
  • Not actively collecting for this at the moment, either, but I also have a manga collection! I only "actively" collect manga whenever I've found a series I really like, which I haven't found in a while. I'm considering seeking out the "I Think Our Son Is Gay" series of manga though...
  • I collect plushies! I especially love Pokemon plushies, which I've catalogued on my site.
  • I also have a small collection of figurines! (A lot of my interests aren't the type to get high-quality figure releases, though, unfortunately...)
  • Misc other fandom-related trinkets! Like keychains, posters, postcards, etc~

CELEBRATE THE REJECTS, EVISCERATE THE PRESETS ⋆。˚

Casual Poster ⚓︎

she's an angel to you... but she's a devil to me!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2023 @803.81 »

i havent been actively collecting them for a year now because i no longer have my tv but i have a whole collection of VHS tapes!!
it started march 2018 when my mom got me n my sister a tv w/ a vcr built in n at that point we only had a few vhs tapes so my parents got more at a thrift store n that was the start of it :D i have over 200 tapes, n 3 cabinets (ones very large the other are a bit smaller but a bit heavy for me U_U) at some point i started a neocities page to attempt n document all the ones we have so my parents could be sure if we had something or not but i never finished it D:

oh, it is love
from the first time i set my eyes upon yours
thinking,
"oh, is it love?"
Snow
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2023 @672.11 »

I collect Sega Saturn games too! I don't have that many but these are the ones that I really really wanted for a while! They're all mecha anime games or Megami tensei. Funny story I initially only ordered Devil Summoner and Gihrens Greed, but the seller accidentally sent me the expansion for it. He let me pick out these free games along with the right one when he sent that, so I got all of these for really really cheap. Eventually sometime soon I'm gonna probably get some ps2 games. Most likely Dmc and RE4.

I only just got around to replying to this.. :") that's awesome to see you collect Saturn games as well, it's certainly an acquired taste! Which games are those in the picture attached to your post? It's a little hard to see/make out what they are I'm afraid. :( But it looks like you've got a few nice collectables there.

The only other Japanese Saturn games I have are S-Tetris, Magical Hoppers, and Keio Flying Squadron 2.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023 @673.96 by Snow » Logged
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2023 @888.53 »

Which games are those in the picture attached to your post? It's a little hard to see/make out what they are I'm afraid.

From left 2 Right: Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, Persona 2 Innocent Sin, Revelations:Persona, Gihren's Greed, Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner, Super Robot Wars F, Gihren's Greed 2nd Disc, and Mobile Suit Gundam!
One day I wanna get all the Gundam games for it. The top 4 are Megaten, the bottom are all Gundam.

* download (11).jpg (113.86 kB, 640x640 - viewed 16 times.)

* download (10).jpg (129.3 kB, 640x640 - viewed 13 times.)

Coffee addict, Gunpla builder, SMT fan.
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2023 @939.54 »

I collect all sorts of games. I've been on a 3DO mood lately. Got myself a PAL copy of Immercenary recently, and it was the only listing I've ever seen of that version. It must have tanked in Europe, which is a shame, because it's a great game!

I also love collecting VHS tapes, Laserdiscs, and UMD Videos.

Right now, I have to store everything in a cupboard room in our house until I can find a bigger space to live in. Not the best, but it will do for now.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023 @516.76 by Cobra! » Logged

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
larvapuppy
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2023 @958.98 »

I have a small games collection, but my collection obsession is Littlest Pet Shop toys. I'm scared to count them, they keep multiplying  :drat:

I also love to collect manga, especially when I go thrifting and find series that were only published in the 2000s/ early 2010s...

the end of an era, one starts anew
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi