Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @362.93 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 29/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Memories and old save games

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Memories and old save games  (Read 903 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: February 24, 2022 @952.95 »

I was playing animal crossing this evening and looking at my island. I started playing March 11th? 2020, almost 2 years ago. In those 2 years the world has changed so much, there was a pandemic, I finished college, moved cities and countries, started and ended a relationship, have had relatives and friends pass away, have started a career and seen web communities like the yesterweb and this forum rise from the ground up, and now this business with Ukraine. Its been a LOT! :defrag:

When I look at that animal crossing island though, its almost timeless, I remember it was spring 2020 when I placed a particular streetlamp, or selected the carpet I still have in my room. I think so much has happened in my life, its almost like playing a strangers game, yet its still mine. The person who first started working on that save file 2 years ago could never have imagined all that would happen.

The other day I found the memory card with my first animal crossing town on it from 2004, Iv no idea if it still works, but I'm genuinely scared to try, I'm not sure I want to return to that space that I made all that time ago, maybe its better to let it stay a memory.

I also lost a save file today, I had an old backup with a Skyrim save on it that was encrypted, but Iv forgotten the password so I deleted it :ohdear:

Old save files are strange, games are like other worlds, or at least dreams of other worlds. We can freeze them and return to them, forget them, find them or loose them forever. They have no right to exist, but maybe we never had a right to visit them in the first place, or maybe it was always just a happy accident.

How do you feel about old saves, or do you feel anything at all? Have you ever returned to an old save and had a weird experience?

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

the era of rpgmaker games

Started by cinniBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 27
Views: 4085
Last post August 16, 2023 @267.22
by Riqo
newgrounds' art games section

Started by DarmodejBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 0
Views: 1165
Last post February 03, 2022 @906.33
by Darmodej
I'm addicted to sandbox games

Started by Icey!Board ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 6
Views: 1533
Last post February 22, 2023 @523.34
by Guest

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi