Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @147.26 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Favorite GBA Game(s)?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Favorite GBA Game(s)?  (Read 4455 times)
Riqo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Guess what I wear as a hat .. an eyeball!

StatusCafe: riqo
iMood: nasunikki

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: August 26, 2023 @122.69 »

Favorite GBA games! Personally, I really haven't played many of them .. When I was little, my sister got a Gameboy from my dad and, as the youngest sibling of course, I took it and spent tons more time on it then she did! Only 2 games came with it, Pokemon Pinball and Warioland 4. Pokemon Pinball was um ... LAME! However .. Warioland 4 was and still remains my favorite GBA game!!!!! It's incredibly fun, the visuals are cool, and the music is AWESOME! Wario himself is also very lovable; when you leave the game alone for too long he brings out some weights or a jump rope for a quick workout while you are gone :ok: I also really adore his sound effects, they're so fun! Even after I had not played it for years, when I revisited it, I remembered the secret locations and bonus point rooms (nearly) perfectly! That just shows how much I loved to replay it when I was younger :grin:!! Oh, and also the princess had such a lovely design!!!

Here's one of the songs from the game so you can get a glimpse at how lovely the OST is .. :ok:

Have a nice dream ...
Finel
Casual Poster ⚓︎

AY UP!

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2023 @589.16 »

I never actually had a gba, however when I started emulating it quickly became one of my favorites.

I originally just wanted to play pokemon but found a few other favorites instead.

Legend of zelda- the minish cap- is the first zelda game I played, and might be the only one. I think it's cute and it has a warm place in my heart. but I don't really have the frame to compare it to others.

Wario Ware Inc.- was an easy late favorite since I already loved Wario Ware twisted for the wii, I just think wario ware games are really fun, I love me a good collection of mini games.

And the best for last, Rhythm Heaven Silver/ Rhythm Tengoku- if you ask me is the best gba games and my favorite rhythm game in general, I know people love other entries in the series more but this one is the best one for me. I love the music and the visuals and the gameplay. it just has so much charm.

Finel ✡ - He/They
robkies
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023 @651.34 »

def mario kart super circuit, at least for now
my first gba game was cars, not joking, for my ds lite
never bought any other gba games until a couple of months ago when i bought a japanese crystal pink gba with mario kart super circuit. its the only game i have and i really like it. im gonna buy a flashcart soon so my opinion might change lol :ha:
konamiesque
Casual Poster

Play the Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha duology

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2023 @658.95 »

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow!! It's a lot of fun and I really love the Tactical Soul System, which has become something of a staple in the series in one form or another.

Sadly I think that the soundtrack is a bit lackluster, especially for a Castlevania game, but that's just the hardware limitations of the GBA, I guess.

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

bred :3First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2023 @767.08 »

I have a few favourites.

Urbz - Sims in the City - The console versions weren't very good, but tha GBA port is a bit of a hidden gem. It's like an isometric RPG with objectives to meet and houses to decorate with whatever you can find. There's also a DS port which is the GBA version with an extra minigame, but it also crashes a lot.

Robot Wars Extreme Destruction - One of the few games I've played on GBA that is entirely 3D. The graphics have aged badly, but for the time and system, this was amazing! It plays pretty well, too, all things considered!

(Almost) every Tony Hawk game - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 to Underground 2 on the Game Boy Advance sort of went through it's own evolution in terms of story and gameplay and even if you've played the console/PC versions, it's definitely worth playing the GBA versions. They were very creative with how they ported the games to the system, with 2D isometric backgrounds with a 3D skater.

The controls are weird at first, but you quickly get used to them.

American Sk8land was also on GBA but I've heard it was garbage. Downhill Jam is also on GBA, and was fully 3D. Impressive, but it's pretty boring.

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Finel
Casual Poster ⚓︎

AY UP!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2023 @778.02 »

Urbz - Sims in the City[/b] - The console versions weren't very good, but tha GBA port is a bit of a hidden gem. It's like an isometric RPG with objectives to meet and houses to decorate with whatever you can find. There's also a DS port which is the GBA version with an extra minigame, but it also crashes a lot.

How could I forgot about Urbz!! absolutely a hidden gem, I love that game.
There is also The Sims Bustin' Out which came out before Urbz and in a way is a prequel. same kind of gameplay. 

Finel ✡ - He/They
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

bred :3First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2023 @779.13 »

There is also The Sims Bustin' Out which came out before Urbz and in a way is a prequel. same kind of gameplay. 

I've heard about that. Still to play it.

There's also an N-Gage version, and oddly, those are typically cheaper than the GBA games, so I guess I'll pick it up for either.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023 @781.93 by Cobra! » Logged

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2023 @700.69 »

I just recently started emulating some GBA and fell in love with the english patch for rhythm tengoku!!!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Stonehead
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Hello

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2023 @766.75 »

I loved the GBA Fire Emblem games as a child. They were some of the first story-driven games I had ever played, and I was completely enraptured. Calling them "formative experiences" would probably be exaggerating a little, but my friends and I still quote scenes like this to this day.
bby
Jr. Member ⚓︎

take my memories of her with u

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: bumblebear
iMood: dahliahawthorne

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2023 @164.18 »

• the legend of zelda: the minish cap - my 2nd favorite zelda game, it's so cute! i used to emulate this on my first smart phone, need to replay it sometime.
  • super mario world: super mario advance 2 - besides mario 64, this was the mario game i played the most in my childhood. it's a port of super mario world from the snes
  • mary-kate and ashley's girls night out - i played this a ton as a kid, my favorite of what few mk&a games i had. it was kinda like dance dance revolution
  • nicktoons freeze frame frenzy - also heavily played as a kid. this game also introduced me to invader zim lol. you go around taking photos of weird stuff in the different nicktoons worlds.

i also played the sims 2 gba ports, the harry potter games, and some movie tie in ones like the lilo and stitch game. but these 4 are the ones i remember playing the most.

sadly, i didn't play any of the pokemon games on the gba otherwise i'd include them. at the time, the only game i played was pokemon yellow and i didn't get back into the games until omega ruby on the 3ds.

makeup and stickers and ponies and myspace.com melonland.net! :ozwomp:

:sleep::wizard::happy:

:4u: digital pet hoard
:mail: wanna be pen pals?
WaluigiTheWah
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2023 @300.83 »

I never owned a GBA when I was younger, so nothing on there is really nostalgic to me or something I can remember enjoying previously, but just recently I began a playthrough of Mother 3 using the fan translation of course. Even though I am only 4 chapters in, it's something I would recommend to anyone looking for a good story game on the GBA.

If I had to pick something else it probably would be Pokemon Emerald.

wah
victoriana

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2023 @303.69 »

I don't own a GBA, either, I used to play on my phone with an emulator. My favorite so far is Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance. Love the art, the music, and I like switching the castle.

You only have to let the soft animal of your body / love what it loves. /Tell me about despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.

- Mary Oliver, Wild Geese. From Dream Work (1986).
konamiesque
Casual Poster

Play the Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha duology

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2023 @643.16 »

I don't own a GBA, either, I used to play on my phone with an emulator. My favorite so far is Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance. Love the art, the music, and I like switching the castle.

Finally, another HoD soundtrack enjoyer!!  :grin:  :grin:  Everyone always acts like it's the Devil's Music, but I think there are some genuinely good songs on there (Chapel in the Sky is my personal favorite)

dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2023 @181.46 »

And the best for last, Rhythm Heaven Silver/ Rhythm Tengoku- if you ask me is the best gba games and my favorite rhythm game in general, I know people love other entries in the series more but this one is the best one for me. I love the music and the visuals and the gameplay. it just has so much charm.

As someone who started playing the newer editions I have to agree that I think Rhythm Tengoku is the best in the series, I quite like the one on wii too but thats about it.. I actually tried to play the 3DS megamix and i got so frustrated by the paragraphs of dialogue in the beginning of the game that I just gave up  :ok:
I like how straight-forward Rhythm Tengoku is.. I dont.. I dont need Rhythm Heaven Lore, thanks.

Other than that my favorite game I liked to play when I was little was Hello Kitty Party Pals, just, hear me out okay? It has so many fun mini games and in turn you rack up rewards to host parties for yourself and friends.. There is a really fun pancake flipping game involved too, and an AMAZING soundtrack (had found out recently it's produced by the same guy for the katamari OSTs)

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
chicken
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2023 @202.56 »

I never owned a GBA when I was younger, so nothing on there is really nostalgic to me or something I can remember enjoying previously, but just recently I began a playthrough of Mother 3 using the fan translation of course. Even though I am only 4 chapters in, it's something I would recommend to anyone looking for a good story game on the GBA.

If I had to pick something else it probably would be Pokemon Emerald.

I second Mother 3! I also never owned a gameboy, I was started on the DSi. But a few years ago I emulated and beat Mother 3 and it is one of the most incredible and heartfelt games I have ever played, with such an interesting storyline, and one of the best game OSTs known to man.

Regrettably, I haven't played many GBA games at all... perhaps I should! I never knew there was a Rhythm Heaven game for GBA--with the DS one being one of my all-time favorite games, I really want to try Rhythm Tengoku now! :ozwomp:

I've only played a little bit of it, but I also really like Metroid Fusion. Super cool idea, and Metroid games always have killer music and visuals--maybe this is my sign to pick it up again?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

the era of rpgmaker games

Started by cinniBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 27
Views: 4600
Last post August 16, 2023 @267.22
by Riqo
What are some of your favorite 404 pages?

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 16
Views: 4173
Last post May 07, 2024 @217.47
by Icey!
[Open Call] Favorite Recipes

Started by NightdriftBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 4
Views: 1892
Last post December 16, 2021 @301.70
by cinni

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi