Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
May 10, 2024 - @622.84 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 58/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Lith Introduces Himself

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lith Introduces Himself  (Read 341 times)
larvapuppy
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: August 29, 2023 @103.58 »

Hi everyone, I'm a new member. My account was just approved a few days ago. My name's Lithium, but you can call me Lith or by my username if you'd prefer. (they/he)

I'm a university student in my late 20s. Last year I started building a personal website as a hobby and to teach myself html and css. So far I have learned a lot and am excited to learn more.  :ha: My other hobbies include drawing, hiking, video games, and surfing the web. Fun facts: I'm vegetarian, a bit of a furry, my favourite animal is the seal, I love bugs, and I have curly hair. I'm just trying to take it easy and express myself a little in this busy world.

I hope to become an active participant in the forum and make some friends!  Until next time. :4u:

the end of an era, one starts anew
Memory
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2023 @496.61 »

Hello and welcome Lith! It's very nice to meet you  :ozwomp: !!

Congrats on starting your personal website journey! I'm wishing you a lot of good vibes in the process <3 When I first started I remember it would take me a couple days to get anything written, but thankfully due to the repeated nature of this hobby it now only takes me a couple hours to get a page up from scratch!! It's so fun to learn, I think!

I'd love to see some of your art if you were comfortable sharing? If not, that's okay! I understand. And I also see you mentioned bugs... Not many people I know also love bugs like me! What is your favourite bug? I have a few, but worms are always at the top somewhere... Same with beetles! So many cool and colourful beetles...

I hope you enjoy your time here!

◖ ⊹  ׂׅ——ׂׅ—ׂׅ —  ࣪ ׅ୧ You got: Awhe's Welcome Pack!  :dive:  ୨⸼ – ׂׅ——ׂׅ—ׂׅ  ⊹ ◗
- Small reminder that the forum closes every Monday. Do not be alarmed! We'll be back every Tuesday! Why? Click here!
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2023 @868.23 »

Welcome! I love the background on your website, it reminds me of Earthbound! (if you don't know please play it it's great!)

What brings you to web revival?

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

larvapuppy
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2023 @899.54 »

Thank you both!

I'd love to see some of your art if you were comfortable sharing? If not, that's okay! I understand. And I also see you mentioned bugs... Not many people I know also love bugs like me! What is your favourite bug? I have a few, but worms are always at the top somewhere... Same with beetles! So many cool and colourful beetles...
Yes, I think I'll make an art thread at some point! And if I had to choose, I think my favourite bug would be the pill millipede... but I love so many. :transport:

I love the background on your website, it reminds me of Earthbound! (if you don't know please play it it's great!)
Thanks! and you're right, it's similar, isn't it? It wasn't intentional & it's meant to be a temporary background, but maybe I'll leave it up now, hehe.

What brings you to web revival?
Great question... For me, I think it's mainly the fact that I am able to have a lot of control over what happens on my personal website- how it looks, what I am able to publish. Another reason is that I'm trying to reduce my social media use. As well as several other more minor factors :^)

Yukari
Casual Poster ⚓︎

RISK IT for the BISCUIT

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2023 @912.73 »

Hi Lith! Your seal pfp is quite cute! :loved:

I’m also casually into hiking - can I ask if that ever overlaps with your interest in bugs? I hadn’t realized this until reading your intro, but when I hike, I don’t properly notice and appreciate the bugs that I’m certain are there!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023 @916.24 by Yukari » Logged

larvapuppy
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2023 @10.38 »

Hi Lith! Your seal pfp is quite cute! :loved:

I’m also casually into hiking - can I ask if that ever overlaps with your interest in bugs? I hadn’t realized this until reading your intro, but when I hike, I don’t properly notice and appreciate the bugs that I’m certain are there!

Hi Yukari! Thank you :^)

It certainly does. I just got back from a quick hike this evening. There were a ton of grasshoppers jumping around on the trail, and probably thousands in the grass along the trail making a ton of noise. I also saw a harvestman and some dragonflies. I am the official Bug Noticer whenever I hike with others, haha. I recommend it, it adds some flavour to the hike.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi