Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @230.91 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 66/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  What are some symbols of good luck to you?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What are some symbols of good luck to you?  (Read 445 times)
Riqo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Guess what I wear as a hat .. an eyeball!

iMood: nasunikki

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: August 31, 2023 @41.53 »

When one thinks of symbols of good luck, a variety of things can come to mind! For me, I think four leaf clovers, angel numbers, mourning doves, and finding coins on the floor are signs of good luck! How about you? :ok:

Have a nice dream ...
aztralsea
Newbie ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023 @112.55 »

This is probably due to human pattern recognition mixed with myth but the various versions of the rule of three come to mind.

I'm not particularly superstitious but I tend to do things three times where it makes sense, and when things come in triplicate I take it as a good sign.

"I'm just a girl from the middle of nowhere"
KatKing
Casual Poster ⚓︎

One little spark is all it takes

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023 @235.56 »

im a christian so i dont believe in luck, i just think things happen for a reason, you cant do anything to force it. i think luck would only work with randomness. but i still like alot of things commonly associated with luck, like a lucky penny or four week clover. to me, my ''luck'' would be finding the thing, as it would make my day a little happier. :unite:

Make a little birdhouse in your soul
Kolo
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: kolo

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2023 @431.19 »

I have a lucky number - 22! I also think 5 and its multiples are lucky; something about them is Strong. I also associate diamonds (especially around circles) with luck; both the symbol and the actual object.

⋆。˚⋆.°˖✧ but even in a box am i dreaming / of a galaxy of stars above my ceiling ✧˖°.⋆ ˚。⋆

icon by dovalore
spiralstaircase
Casual Poster ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2023 @930.19 »

Twix. Cuz one time we went to go get a twix at a football game and our team won. Now I always ask for the 'twix da sorte' ('lucky twix') whenever at a game, especially when our team's losing...

Welcome to the planet of the robot cat
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2023 @729.11 »

The number 4. I could go in depth about the meaning it has for me, but it's relating to angel numbers and general consistency throughout my life! I usually see it in triples.
vashti
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2023 @749.46 »

I actually have this lucky Beanie Baby that I bring with me to tests & to work sometimes. (& it actually works, trust me!) Outside of that, I have a few little charms that I keep in my purse: my favorites being an angel & a clover. & I've been told that it's lucky to carry foreign money with you, & two dollar bills. Anything can be lucky if you give it meaning, I think. I have this little plastic soldier from Risk that I carry around in my wallet too, and do you think that little piece of plastic is imbued with special luck powers? Probably not, but it makes me feel lucky & I think luck is more of a mindset.
Tiffany
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2023 @694.83 »

Ladybugs because of what they mean symbiotically, and the number 2 or 22 because 22 was the day twin and I was born. I also like 7 because after twin and I my little (middle) sister was born 7 years after me, and the youngest 7 years after her.

Corrupted Unicorn
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2023 @844.34 »

Coins found on the floor. I like looking at them and muttering to myself "Mira la moneda, guárdala, y muchas suerte durante todo el día te dará (durante todo el día te dará)" Translated as: "Look at the coin, keep it, and it will bring you lots of luck all day long (all day long)". I also like to not pick up cents I accidentally drop so they can become other people's lucky coins  :ozwomp:

I also believe drinking from a certain mug of mine will bring me luck. That one also has a little singsong associated with it, but that one is extra corny so I'll be saving it for another day  :omg:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Freeware music goodies!

Started by phodicaeBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 5
Views: 2116
Last post February 13, 2022 @285.71
by easy_breezy
Are there any good resources on how to get started on C++?

Started by easy_breezyBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 1
Views: 1149
Last post February 19, 2022 @957.49
by Melooon
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 35
Views: 3226
Last post April 10, 2024 @598.32
by Misanthropic Monster™

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi