Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @740.20 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 72/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Oh hey, what's up

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Oh hey, what's up  (Read 271 times)
akbatten
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: September 07, 2023 @590.94 »

Sup, I’m AKBatten. I like to work on various projects like Arduino-type hardware projects and pure software stuff like a couple apps on my site and a Nintendo DS game (a snake clone). I also have a little experience with RF with Amateur Radio; I’ve built a few antennas for HF and a directional one for receiving satellite communications. I also like wrenching on my car – “saving” some money by doing oil, brakes, etc. myself. It’s cool seeing how simple some things are and knowing how things work.

My website runs on a AWS EC2 instance that I enjoy managing – the “grunt work” isn’t exciting or flashy, but to me there’s something satisfying about completing simple tasks that make things work. Because of this I’ve had to hold myself back from spinning up more VMs to run Matrix, Git, etc. Not a whole lot of purpose to run these when no one but myself would use them and others offer them for free anyway.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2023 @800.94 »

Hello and welcome AKBatten! I'm afraid that I have NO IDEA about anything included in your introduction besides the mention of the DS, of which I am really in love with and enjoyed reading through the process of making a snake clone on the system that you linked! I've seen various games remade on the system, such as FNAF, and I had no idea how... So your link helped me contextualize things a bit more! I think it's so neat to read about your process.

Your website is very pleasing to view in general too. The minimalistic style is something I really enjoy and appreciate.

I hope you enjoy your time here on the forum!

◖ ⊹  ׂׅ——ׂׅ—ׂׅ —  ࣪ ׅ୧ You got: Awhe's Welcome Pack!  :dive:  ୨⸼ – ׂׅ——ׂׅ—ׂׅ  ⊹ ◗
- Small reminder that the forum closes every Monday. Do not be alarmed! We'll be back every Tuesday! Why? Click here!
akbatten
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2023 @643.13 »

Glad my DS made more sense than my intro post! I spend most of my time surrounded by engineers so I'm pretty bad about using acronyms and technical terms even though I love teaching.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi