Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
May 02, 2024 - @990.66 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 41/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ➶ ∙ Art Gallery
| | |-+  Bugless' Art Tutorials!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bugless' Art Tutorials!  (Read 392 times)
Bugless
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: September 09, 2023 @769.16 »

Hello world!  :ozwomp:
I love art and crafts, and I try about a billion different things every year. I wanted to share some of the skills I've learned from friends and workshops, especially as these were ideas I didn't think of myself and perhaps you never thought of doing them either!

I'm going to start with one thing and try and build this topic up as I get round to photographing stuff... and as I learn new things too :D

Firstly; Glass art with Posca Pens!
Spoiler
I'm not very familiar with Posca pens, and I didn't know you could use them on glass! They dry very quickly (less than 10 mins) and once dry are pretty hard to remove; it doesn't smudge, and while you can scratch it off it isn't easy. However, while it's still wet, it's easy to wipe off if you make a mistake :)

You need:

• Posca Pens:
  • Clean glass jar: (I took these out the recycling)
  • That's it!!!

Simply draw on the glass with the pens. Leave it 10 mins or so, and it will be dry!

Tips:
  • You can draw over a layer of ink with another layer, but beware! If it is wet it might smudge, and if it's dry you might scratch off the bottom layer. Still looks cool, just be gentle with it
  • POASCA PENS ARE NOT FOOD SAFE. So don't do this on a surface you're going to eat off (e.g. a plate).

See Posca's official advice here

I use the lemon jar to store pens and pencils, and I made a new one today to use as a tiny vase:

I think this is a really fun thing to do because you can customise your storage jars. You could use them to store
  • Dice
  • Embroidery thread or a sewing kit
  • Pens, pencils, paintbrushes, all kind of crafty tools!
  • Candles

[close]
Does anyone have other ideas of what to store in these jars? And do you know if there are other pens that work like Posca pens, especially some that might be cheaper?

Ok I hope someone enjoys this and makes some cool jars, I'd love to see them! And I hope I can update this thread in the future with more fun crafty things :)

Scootarooni

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: scootarooni
iMood: scootarooni

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2023 @863.95 »

Wow, these are SO cute!! I'm a huge fan of your bee vase! I love bees <3

I think I have a few empty jars around here somewhere, I might just take some inspiration from your work and decorate a few with my own poscas! I can see them making great gifts for my mom who has TONS of art supplies she has a hard time organizing heheh :ha:

Here are some other storage ideas:
- spare change
- Jams, jellies or preservatives (my go-to is apple butter!)
- this is more of a craft but you could turn your jar into a snowglobe or glitter jar! The poscas would add an extra pizzazz!
- small sea shells

As for cheaper posca alternatives, the only ones I know of off the top of my head are KINGART's acrylic paint pens and Arteza acrylic paint pens. I haven't tried them myself but my artsy mom has and she likes them a lot more than poscas. I'll have to ask her if she knows of any others and report back.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

HIRA's Artworks

Started by KAFKAPOLISBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 14
Views: 3308
Last post June 13, 2023 @143.22
by xandra
‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ urgonic's awesome artworks ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙

Started by sansBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 2
Views: 1835
Last post December 29, 2021 @506.89
by xandra
sleepyXTRA - Inside The Mind of The Lo-Fi Artist - released FREE!

Started by ellievoyydBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 0
Views: 1231
Last post January 21, 2022 @429.43
by ellievoyyd

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi