Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @161.54 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  My Favorite Clip Art CD

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My Favorite Clip Art CD  (Read 902 times)
Salty
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Internet Renaissance Woman

StatusCafe: saltedslug
iMood: saltedslug

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« on: September 12, 2023 @887.94 »

I wanted to share my new favorite clip art CD with y'all, "Label Factory Deluxe," from 2003. My wife picked it up for me at the thrift store the other day, and we went through the art together over dinner last night. We were both immediately blown away with the sheer artistic talent inside! I spend a lot of time digging through old software, and honestly most clip art CDs are pretty corporate and boring. This one, though, is absolutely bonkers. There are a handful of artists with very distinct styles, as with any clip art CD, but this one especially stood out. I mean, come on, look at some of this stuff:

(Right click the image and "open in new tab" to see it not all shrunk down and wonky)

I have a whole collection of clip art CDs like this that I am slowly uploading to the Internet Archive, but I hadn't seen this one on there before. Here is the link to it if you're interested. Keep in mind that these are saved in the old .wmf (similar to .svg) file format, so you'll need a program like IrfanView to look at them.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023 @96.71 by Salty » Logged

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023 @905.47 »

I actually found a CD set of clip art called "ClickArt" in my art class, and it has this weird wonky guy on the front cover

Should I snatch it up and bring it back home? It might be a nice way to get some cool clip art.

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023 @941.01 »

The person with the helmet is my favourite and reminds me of Jet Set: Radio or Bomb Rush Cyberfunk! (Both great games)

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2023 @942.42 »

These are great!  :omg:

Its getting too much though! I have over 30GB of clip art and site resources and stock images people have sent me piling up on my desktop; and Im also working on a big art-chival project to convert a few thousand 18th century prints into funky web stickers - I'll have to add this to the pile of things to collect and sort  :tongue:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Salty
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2023 @92.95 »

These are great!  :omg:

Its getting too much though! I have over 30GB of clip art and site resources and stock images people have sent me piling up on my desktop; and Im also working on a big art-chival project to convert a few thousand 18th century prints into funky web stickers - I'll have to add this to the pile of things to collect and sort  :tongue:

I completely understand; it gets messy quick. I have terabytes upon terabytes of this stuff; I'm definitely a digital hoarder at large, though, and have been for two decades now!

I think the easiest way to manage that stuff (at least the physical media) is to just rip it as soon as I get home with it. Scan the cover and disc on my scanner while my PC rips the CD to .ISO in ImgBurn, or Fre:AC if I'm ripping an audio CD. Then I toss it on the Internet Archive, as well as my home server, and forget about it! That way, even if I decide not to use it, it's somewhere others can enjoy.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023 @105.00 by Salty » Logged

Salty
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2023 @95.60 »

I actually found a CD set of clip art called "ClickArt" in my art class, and it has this weird wonky guy on the front cover

Should I snatch it up and bring it back home? It might be a nice way to get some cool clip art.

That would be awesome, honestly. I collect this stuff, so if you decide to grab it, upload an .iso of it to the Internet Archive and let me know!!

The person with the helmet is my favourite and reminds me of Jet Set: Radio or Bomb Rush Cyberfunk! (Both great games)

Right? I thought so, too. There were a number of those style images that were all pretty cool. Here's a couple others:

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2023 @45.64 »

That would be awesome, honestly. I collect this stuff, so if you decide to grab it, upload an .iso of it to the Internet Archive and let me know!!

Right? I thought so, too. There were a number of those style images that were all pretty cool. Here's a couple others:

I love these! They are super cool  :omg:

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2023 @156.19 »

As of 9/13/23, I have uploaded the whole set to the internet archive
https://archive.org/details/clickart128000
Use as you please ;p

TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2023 @665.34 »

I just wanted to send a big THANK YOU to both of you for uploading these finds! I've trawled through the IA on many occasions to find clip art CDs like these for my page and I'm so grateful that they're up there!

devils
Full Member ⚓︎

Oh? What's that?

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2023 @759.33 »

No way, my dad's got an Art Explosion collection of clipart as well (specifically the Platinum Edition, with 20 flipping disks)! This makes me want to somehow get them running on my laptop, I'd need to buy an external CD/DVD drive first though.

Maybe I can spare some money from my future student allowence to buy one? XD

Edit: Oh dang, the entire collection doesn't seem to be available online. Maybe it really is worth buying a CD/DVD drive...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023 @760.88 by devils » Logged

Remember to eat dessert <3
Salty
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2023 @22.37 »

I just wanted to send a big THANK YOU to both of you for uploading these finds! I've trawled through the IA on many occasions to find clip art CDs like these for my page and I'm so grateful that they're up there!

I'm so glad to be able to share them! Enjoy :unite:

No way, my dad's got an Art Explosion collection of clipart as well (specifically the Platinum Edition, with 20 flipping disks)! This makes me want to somehow get them running on my laptop, I'd need to buy an external CD/DVD drive first though.

Maybe I can spare some money from my future student allowence to buy one? XD

Edit: Oh dang, the entire collection doesn't seem to be available online. Maybe it really is worth buying a CD/DVD drive...

It really is! I just have a cheap LG one I got at Best Buy; I think it was $15 bucks? Definitely worth it.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

HIRA's Artworks

Started by MemoryBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 14
Views: 3647
Last post June 13, 2023 @143.22
by xandra
‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ urgonic's awesome artworks ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙

Started by sansBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 2
Views: 2054
Last post December 29, 2021 @506.89
by xandra
What are some of your favorite 404 pages?

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 16
Views: 4173
Last post May 07, 2024 @217.47
by Icey!

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi