Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @304.66 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 31/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  hello! o/

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hello! o/  (Read 561 times)
wetnoodle
Full Member ⚓︎

a silly lil goose

View Profile WWW

LifeParticipated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: October 01, 2023 @36.59 »

Hi yall! I'm wet noodle, i like making weird music and generative art stuff.

My site is mostly a portfolio of my music/art but also a space for me to share my favorite things on the internet. It is all hand-coded with some inspiration/help from the links in my buttons section.

Please let me know what ya think of it!

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2023 @54.39 »

That sounds super cool! I wanna give some of your music a listen (once I pick up a new pair of headphones, I may have broke my last pair :P) How did you get the scanlines on your site? That's super cool!!! Welcome to the forums!!!

SilkSkull’s Welcome Pack
  • Wondering what this “web revival” stuff is?  Visit here!
  • Need someone to chat with or just want to ask some questions? Chat or Email me!
  • For a rundown of what this place is and what we are all about, head here!
Enjoy your time on the forums and make yourself feel welcome <3

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

watermelon3y3s
Casual Poster ⚓︎

EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2023 @73.21 »

oh my- welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 i would like to take a listen to your music and art!!!!! enjoy the site because it´s really cute and the people here are so nice, i hope you have a very very nice day or night!!!!!!!!!

:melon: :transport: this is what ive come to be.
wetnoodle
Full Member ⚓︎

a silly lil goose

View Profile WWW

LifeParticipated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2023 @130.14 »

That sounds super cool! I wanna give some of your music a listen (once I pick up a new pair of headphones, I may have broke my last pair :P) How did you get the scanlines on your site? That's super cool!!! Welcome to the forums!!!

SilkSkull’s Welcome Pack
  • Wondering what this “web revival” stuff is?  Visit here!
  • Need someone to chat with or just want to ask some questions? Chat or Email me!
  • For a rundown of what this place is and what we are all about, head here!
Enjoy your time on the forums and make yourself feel welcome <3

Thank you!! Honestly I'm still not entirely sure why the scanlines are working, it took a lot of tweaking. The section between the scanline comments here is the main animation part, the script right after my top bar is how the animated toggle works. I basically just sets a variable to either playing or not playing when you toggle it.

wetnoodle
Full Member ⚓︎

a silly lil goose

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2023 @169.20 »

How did you get the scanlines on your site?
Ok I've been working on the scanlines again (for my profile here) and I can better explain them now.
body::before{
    content: "";
    display: block;
    position: fixed;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    bottom: 0;
    right: 0;
    background: linear-gradient(rgba(20, 20, 40, 0) 66%, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.20) 33%);
    background-size: 100% calc(3px * var(--toggle));
    z-index: 9999;
    pointer-events: none;

animation: scanlines-anim 0.7s linear infinite;
}
the top part of body::before makes static scanlines, the animation tag runs the scanline animation indefinitely
@keyframes scanlines-anim{
    0% {
      background-position: 0px 0px;
   }
   100% {
        background-position: 0px 9px;
   }
}
this part makes the scanlines move down to the next scanline's position each time the animation is looped (the scanlines don't actually travel more than 9 pixels, it is all an illusion)

I didn't come up with the scanlines btw, https://freckleskies.neocities.org/ was the first neocities site I ever saw and it heavily inspired my site and I did use their scanline code for my site with slight adjustments
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023 @179.04 by wetnoodle » Logged

urgellx
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Lost on the web

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2023 @476.25 »

Hello, i missed this when i first visited your website but your background is very large (more than
14.5mb in fact !), not having it load quickly kind of ruins the mood that i think you're going for
with your site. Choosing a background that's not a png or that's not above a thousand of pixels tall
would be more pleasing to those who don't have a fast connection (or are using some kind of proxy)
and still want to experience your site the way your intended to.

Nice pixel art by the way, the "Dark Matter" one is very pleasing to the eye.  :chef:

Hope your have a great day !

EDIT : Added a negation around "a thousand of pixels"

Héhé, écoute, derrière y'avait pas mal de vent.
wetnoodle
Full Member ⚓︎

a silly lil goose

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2023 @567.30 »

Hello, i missed this when i first visited your website but your background is very large (more than
14.5mb in fact !), not having it load quickly kind of ruins the mood that i think you're going for
with your site. Choosing a background that's not a png or that's not above a thousand of pixels tall
would be more pleasing to those who don't have a fast connection (or are using some kind of proxy)
and still want to experience your site the way your intended to.

Nice pixel art by the way, the "Dark Matter" one is very pleasing to the eye.  :chef:

Hope your have a great day !

EDIT : Added a negation around "a thousand of pixels"

Good call, just dithered it with this: https://doodad.dev/dither-me-this/ and got it down to 244kb! Thank you for the feedback!!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi