Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
May 01, 2024 - @655.14 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 48/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | |-+  Help finding lost Viva Pinata Confessions video; MSN Soapbox

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help finding lost Viva Pinata Confessions video; MSN Soapbox  (Read 333 times)
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Wanna be like :grin: but instead I'm like :sad:

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

20% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: October 11, 2023 @86.83 »

So this youtuber named KKClue has a bounty for a lost MSN Soapbox video involving adults playing the game Viva Pinata, which was connected to a blog about the same thing. Thing is, theres barely any Soapbox videos that still exist, and the platform was retired 16 years ago. All he has is the thumbnail

and the links for the blog and the video
http://vivapinataconfession.spaces.live.com
https://soapbox.msn.com/video.aspx?vid=0be28b34-5d74-4f53-900a-4da5ffc71710

If anyone has any leads or follow-ups, post about it in this thread!

CableCat
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Man I Love Frogs!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Worm!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2023 @976.70 »

Oooooooohhh I love a lost media challenge!!  :chef:

I started digging right away, but spoiler: I have not found the video.

But you can view the blog through the internet archive's Wayback Machine!
Here==> https://web.archive.org/web/20080807125531/http://vivapinataconfession.spaces.live.com/

Also, on the site through the wayback machine, there appears to be a video that won't load under a May 09 (possibly in the year 2007) blog post. Underneatht he video is a hyperlink to what appears to be the same URL you shared in your post. I clicked it to see if maybe the video had been archived and could be downloaded through the Wayback Machine, but it does not appear to have been archived. The URL and the site were crawled in some capacity on May 14th, 2007 but the video seems to not be present on the site.

Here is a link to every site archived under the msn.soapbox domain name==> https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://soapbox.msn.com/*

I went to Archive.org's video archives and executed searched for Viva Pinata, and Major Nelson and TriXie who are said to be in the video you are seeking. Very little came up. There were only a little over 50 videos just under the search term "Viva Pinata" and a cursory scroll didn't show any that looked close to the video you are looking for. Most looked like game previews from the Xbox website.

I did a quick search on DuckDuckGo for Major Nelson and TriXie, since they seemed to be connected in some semi-official way to Microsoft or Xbox, or at least acknowledged as game reviewers or something along those lines, according to the May 09 blog post. It turned up an Xbox.com page with allegedly official contact info for Major Nelson! He was on lots of social media sites, and the page claimed he has been around since 2006 (this lines up with the timeline of the 2007 blog post!) and the contact list was last updated in 2015.

Major Nelson's contact page==> https://news.xbox.com/en-us/major-nelsons-contact-information/

Quote from his Twitch: "Hello there. I am Larry Hryb, Xbox Live's Major Nelson. Thanks for being awesome and stopping by. Follow me on Twitter @Majornelson"

Another Twitch quote: "If you own an Xbox 360, you've probably seen me in a few videos. I work at Microsoft on the Xbox team and I am part of the team that created Xbox, Kinect and Xbox LIVE. Currently working on Xbox One."

His last Twitch video highlight/stream/upload/activity is labelled as 9 years ago, so likely 2014.

His last YouTube video came out 3 months ago, and his YouTube states he is *formerly* known as Xbox's Major Nelson. He is also somewhat recently active on Twitter/X. At the top of his profile, it states he worked at Xbox for 2 decades, but not anymore.

People in the lost media scene tend to attempt to reach out to any official cast and crew behind the materials they are seeking if they cannot find anything on common public archives and download/torrent sites. If you reach out directly to him, he may be able to give you more information about the likelihood of the video being preserved or archived somewhere, if he even responds. He has what looks like an email or some other direct contact link in his Twitter/X bio.

It is also possible that due to the nature of the video possibly being done officially through Microsoft/Xbox, he may have a contract as an employee that prohibits him from sharing the material if it is copyrighted, and it is also possible that it is lost to time or went down with MSN soapbox. But if it does exist in some capacity, he may know who to point you to that might possess a copy, official or no. Xbox/Microsoft could have it privately archived, and the decision to release it may have to come from someone else.

This was just my cursory after-work lazy search! I know of a handful of other places to consult that may dig deeper. In the meantime, I suggest you reach out directly to Larry Hryb/Major Nelson! I'll come back here and reply if I find any other leads for you!

Happy hunting.  :4u:

"Sharing Tea With A Fascinating Stranger Is One Of Life’s True Delights."

~Uncle Iroh

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅☽〇☾⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
  *Help Me Hatch my Dragon Eggs!*
      Give 'em a click, plz!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

CableCat
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Man I Love Frogs!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Worm!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2023 @44.16 »

I am back again!! So quickly too!

I looked at KKClue's community post you cited. I checked the comments, and one user claimed to have found a private youtube video link that they believe had the video you are seeking!

This is the supposed link==>

I attempted to use my Youtube-DLG software to download it, but it errored out due to the video being private.

I snooped around online to see if there were any programs that could snatch private YouTube videos. The only one I have found so far on a blog I randomly found on Google was CleverGet. The rest of the blogs say you need to have access to the video first from the original owner to be able to download it, but this blog did not say that about CleverGet. However, I attempted to download the software but then I stopped because the parent company is Shenzhen Moyea Software.

The name sounded Chinese, and typically I am cautious when downloading software from foreign companies due to spyware concerns. I did a bit more digging around to find information on what processes their software runs and so on, and more than one website had them marked as not necessarily trustworthy or as running potential trojans on end-user devices. So I did not install the software and I deleted the .exe file.

Gonna take this moment to encourage people to look into the parent companies of the software they download and practice good cybersecurity. If you doubt the trustworthiness of any company or software, it is okay to move on, or just delete the software.

I have other separate PC's where I am more comfortable doing sketchy things like downloading suspicious software. I can wipe them if needed easily.

I'll be back with any more updates if I have them!

"Sharing Tea With A Fascinating Stranger Is One Of Life’s True Delights."

~Uncle Iroh

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅☽〇☾⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
  *Help Me Hatch my Dragon Eggs!*
      Give 'em a click, plz!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Ozwomp's Voyage in Cyberspace - Video Project

Started by MelooonBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 3
Views: 1876
Last post December 06, 2021 @791.33
by Melooon
Iconic Video Game Songs [Player's Choice Award]

Started by NightdriftBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 24
Views: 3912
Last post March 21, 2024 @26.45
by konamiesque
Video Game SFX Quiz

Started by ObspogonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 12
Views: 2269
Last post February 11, 2024 @11.47
by litten

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi