Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @198.95 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Collaborative webhosting options list

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Collaborative webhosting options list  (Read 1041 times)
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: October 21, 2023 @988.07 »

Hi,
I would love to create a more comprehensive list of info and experiences on different webhosting providers for both newbies and advanced users that we can collaborate on. I've created a wiki entry that you can edit to add on to the knowledge.
Feel free to add any website hosting options and providers you know, as well as any info to the ones you use that you find could be relevant.

I've mentioned some users in it who came to mind when listing the services, maybe there's something you can add :smile:

You can also discuss things in this thread that you'd like to see on the page so we can add it in.

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Memory
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2023 @6.89 »

While I don't have any information to offer myself, I'd like to thank you for creating and sharing this wiki page and I do hope more people add/edit it! A great resource!
minttea
Casual Poster ⚓︎

very tired...

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023 @39.72 »

Oh this is a good concept for a wiki page! There's a lot of hosting options out there, and I hadn't heard of handful of these. The only one I know of that I don't see is ichi.city, which I use for one of my shrines. It's only for Very small sites though.

(Though, now that I've posted this, I wonder if it counts as a webhosting site? Its so small form...)
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Any/All

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2023 @69.41 »

How did you create a wiki entry?

:ozwomp: my beloved

akbatten
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2023 @83.99 »

Love this! Added some of my own knowledge but I'd love to see more about cheap and easy to use providers.
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2023 @402.52 »

ichi.city,

Good idea! I think it counts. We could create a separate category for them together with Marigold.Town, maybe, so the ones that have a special theme or are small stand alone.
edit: just added that in together with tilde.town.

How did you create a wiki entry?
At first, I logged in (with username + pw of the forum), went to a page where linking it would be thematically relevant and added it in as a list point (in this case, the landing page of the wiki under Webcrafting Guides and Resources). Then I saved, clicked on the newly created link on the site, and followed the instructions to make it a proper page.

Added some of my own knowledge

Thank you! :smile:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2023 @407.51 by shevek » Logged

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Any/All

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2023 @839.12 »

At first, I logged in (with username + pw of the forum), went to a page where linking it would be thematically relevant and added it in as a list point (in this case, the landing page of the wiki under Webcrafting Guides and Resources). Then I saved, clicked on the newly created link on the site, and followed the instructions to make it a proper page.

what

Grimlock
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Harley | He/they |

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: dinosaur
iMood: Grimlock

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2023 @909.64 »

what
the wiki uses the same credentials as the forum is what shevek means. so your forum username and password is the same for the wiki

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2023 @948.56 »

This is a great idea, and very thoroughly done! :omg: Thank you it's a much-needed collection! I will be sure to fill out the section on DigitalOcean as you requested!  :ozwomp:

what

⚑ Moderators Note ⚑
Please remember that posts on the forum must be at minimum full sentences; it's unclear what you're asking here and it is a little rude to make people guess  :sad:

As for an answer: if your question was about logging in then Grim is correct! If your question was about making new pages; you make a link to a page that does not exist, then click the link to create the page! This is actually a SUPER interesting bit of design discussion that I posted about in this thread (I think you'd really enjoy it since you have a passion for design!) and I'd love to discuss it more over there (if that's what you're asking about :tongue: )
« Last Edit: October 21, 2023 @952.36 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Any/All

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2023 @225.37 »

As for an answer: if your question was about logging in then Grim is correct! If your question was about making new pages; you make a link to a page that does not exist, then click the link to create the page! This is actually a SUPER interesting bit of design discussion that I posted about in this thread (I think you'd really enjoy it since you have a passion for design!) and I'd love to discuss it more over there (if that's what you're asking about :tongue: )

I apologize about my vague response, It's just that I got really confused when it came to the info of actually creating the page, I said "what" in hopes I get a better response. Thanks for expanding that.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023 @228.10 by Icelogist » Logged

creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2023 @595.23 »

there is one that has artists in mind. Its´called Liberato, I heard some good things about it. Specially if you wish to make sites with more mature themes.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Ultimate Freeware List of Excellence

Started by ObspogonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 6
Views: 2696
Last post January 14, 2022 @865.94
by Obspogon
what are you listening to right now?

Started by ArbyBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 291
Views: 25914
Last post June 23, 2024 @121.93
by Misanthropic Monster™
Long, shortened, and midrange domains pros and cons list

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 11
Views: 2712
Last post February 25, 2024 @664.87
by Swiftpaw

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi