Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @157.57 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  hi hi hi! new here

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hi hi hi! new here  (Read 693 times)
Kala
Casual Poster ⚓︎

she/her

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: October 24, 2023 @565.21 »

Hi! I'm Kala (fun task: go to google translate and see what Kala means in Finnish!),
And I create things! I have a website and I do art (2d and 3d)!! I am autistic and awesome!

I am new to having a website as I only started my journey about a year ago. (in September of last year!) Some of my practices and knowledge can be a little questionable but I'm still learning!!!!

and now for my interests; I like a lot of things!! biggest of my general interests must be HTML/CSS, Music, Radioactivity/nuclear power, movies, websites, and alll kinds of other things. (animals aren't a big interest of mine but I reaaally like giant anteaters and wombats.)

I'm happy to be here! I hope to start becoming active  :smile: !!

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023 @572.20 »

Glad to see you here! I'm diffy, ive been a member here for a month or 2, and we do lots of cool stuff here, including the Melonland art prompts.
We have free cookies (not the ones that websites put on you) and other snacks
Hope you enjoy your time here :p

p.s. Can you fix your website or make a simplified version please, it's laggy AF and i can barely browse it with all the stuff in the way  :sad:

Kala
Casual Poster ⚓︎

she/her

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2023 @575.59 »

Glad to see you here! I'm diffy, ive been a member here for a month or 2, and we do lots of cool stuff here, including the Melonland art prompts.
We have free cookies (not the ones that websites put on you) and other snacks
Hope you enjoy your time here :p

p.s. Can you fix your website or make a simplified version please, it's laggy AF and i can barely browse it with all the stuff in the way  :sad:

nooo is it really that laggy ;_;. it runs well on both of my computer and laptop. what browser do you use? could the marquee tag be the one causing it? (also if things are in the way, zoom out, i work on a widescreen 1920 x 1080 display) :sad:

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2023 @581.38 »

nooo is it really that laggy ;_;. it runs well on both of my computer and laptop. what browser do you use? could the marquee tag be the one causing it? (also if things are in the way, zoom out, i work on a widescreen 1920 x 1080 display) :sad:

i'm using chrome on a school laptop lol, i dunno if it would run any better on my PC at home
also im just not a fan of the website design, it's hard for me to browse which sucks because i wanna see ur website, sorry  :sad: ill try some of the suggestions you gave me though, thanks

Kala
Casual Poster ⚓︎

she/her

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2023 @584.20 »

i'm using chrome on a school laptop lol, i dunno if it would run any better on my PC at home
also im just not a fan of the website design, it's hard for me to browse which sucks because i wanna see ur website, sorry  :sad: ill try some of the suggestions you gave me though, thanks

thats okay, thank you for atleast trying to take a look ^_^!!!!

TheNothingMonster
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey psst! Wanna see something spooky?

StatusCafe: thenothingmonster

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2023 @599.10 »

Welcome Kala! I've visited your vaje site before and I've got to say that I really like how you design your pages! They all have a special vibe to them and the use of your graphics make everything pop & feel alive. You must have put some serious effort in each one of them. :omg: Your art is super cool too! I hope you enjoy your time here. :4u:

p.s.: What's your favourite kind of music? I personally like pretty much anything electronic. :grin:

~~~~~~~~~~~~
LiquidRat
Newbie ⚓︎

Have you seen me?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2023 @623.66 »

HI!! Im also new here!! your site is so freaking cool, and I love your art! (also  :eyes: neopets icon)
one thing i would say is the art part of your site takes a long time to load each pic, which is a problem i had on my site too! id suggest uploading lower res thumbnails so the previews can load quick!!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2023 @694.59 »

nooo is it really that laggy ;_;. it runs well on both of my computer and laptop.

Your site runs well on my phone! (Which is a 5 year old iPhone) I really like the design, so I’m not sure I can agree with Diff, but it never hurts to try optimising images n stuff for slower computers; I was super excited when I snooped it in your forum application  :grin:

I hope u enjoy the forum  :ha:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Memory
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2023 @722.41 »

Hello and welcome to the forum! I just wanted to pop in and say that I also love your website and it's so creative and fun! I especially love the dancing Teto!! She's my favourite <3

I also wanted to give a gentle reminder that the net is yours! If accessibility is a cornerstone for you, then there are ways to go about optimising that, but otherwise I encourage accommodating only yourself. I hope you have fun here!
larvapuppy
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2023 @908.74 »

I love your site! All of the textures are super cool. I aspire to build a website as stylish and fun as yours!  :ha: I don't seem to be having any trouble loading it other than the image sizes, like some others have already have said.

I hope you enjoy your stay! I'm a new-ish user too and I think this is place is pretty neat.

the end of an era, one starts anew
Kala
Casual Poster ⚓︎

she/her

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2023 @33.11 »

Welcome Kala! I've visited your vaje site before and I've got to say that I really like how you design your pages! They all have a special vibe to them and the use of your graphics make everything pop & feel alive. You must have put some serious effort in each one of them. :omg: Your art is super cool too! I hope you enjoy your time here. :4u:

p.s.: What's your favourite kind of music? I personally like pretty much anything electronic. :grin:

Hii! glad to hear you've enjoyed the Vaje site! its truly one of the things I'm most proud of, even I don't work on it much anymore!! + thank you for the kind words!! ^_^

and, I'm not really good at genres but I guess the one I listen to the most is rock/metal, although I listen to anything that sounds good xD

Kala
Casual Poster ⚓︎

she/her

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2023 @35.14 »

HI!! Im also new here!! your site is so freaking cool, and I love your art! (also  :eyes: neopets icon)
one thing i would say is the art part of your site takes a long time to load each pic, which is a problem i had on my site too! id suggest uploading lower res thumbnails so the previews can load quick!!

thank you for the kind words and the tip! i will definitely try giving the art smaller thumbnail icons, thankfully the hosting I use automatically gives them a (much smaller) thumbnail meaning it wont be much work!

Kala
Casual Poster ⚓︎

she/her

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2023 @37.82 »

Your site runs well on my phone! (Which is a 5 year old iPhone) I really like the design, so I’m not sure I can agree with Diff, but it never hurts to try optimising images n stuff for slower computers; I was super excited when I snooped it in your forum application  :grin:

I hope u enjoy the forum  :ha:

I'm glad to know it runs well for you!!!  :grin: I do already optimize the images (compression), but some of the images can still have big canvas sizes because they were made for frame purposes. if there's any further ways of optimization, let me know!
+ Already enjoying the forum very much  :smile:

Kala
Casual Poster ⚓︎

she/her

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2023 @41.05 »

(oops just remembered the multi quote thing exists! i just woke up xd)

I love your site! All of the textures are super cool. I aspire to build a website as stylish and fun as yours!  :ha: I don't seem to be having any trouble loading it other than the image sizes, like some others have already have said.

I hope you enjoy your stay! I'm a new-ish user too and I think this is place is pretty neat.

thanks for the kind words!!!   :grin:

Hello and welcome to the forum! I just wanted to pop in and say that I also love your website and it's so creative and fun! I especially love the dancing Teto!! She's my favourite <3

I also wanted to give a gentle reminder that the net is yours! If accessibility is a cornerstone for you, then there are ways to go about optimising that, but otherwise I encourage accommodating only yourself. I hope you have fun here!

Thank you for the kind words!! Teto is such a great character!! I'll def try to improve the accessibility of my website when I find ways to do it!!  :smile:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi