Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @714.93 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 72/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  *Accidentally clips into reality*

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: *Accidentally clips into reality*  (Read 478 times)
HalfOfBilly
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Neat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: October 25, 2023 @393.40 »

Woah! Hello there!
The name's HalfOfBilly, but my friends call me... HalfOfBilly as well...

I'm obsessed with drawing and animation, and decided to put together a website as a portfolio/thing to mess around with. I decided to learn HTML out of spite of all the monthly subscriptions and restrictions that mainstream website builders provided.
...and I'm glad I did! It's been a blast to put together a small website. I eventually discovered the Internet Revival and this website.

I'm still new to this whole thing, so I'd appreciate if anyone wanted to provided some websites I could begin rabbit holes down (including your own).

Thanks for reading, and until next time,
Peace

I'm an animator who animates animations (now in 1080p!!)
urgellx
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Lost on the web

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2023 @418.53 »

Welcome !
To find website worthy of your full attention for a couple hours, i can think of a few ways
depending on what you want, i'd recommend just going to Neocities and with the random sorting,
you'll find around one full website every time you click on the update button. So you get websites
other than the most popular ones. Otherwise, you can go to Melonland's very own webring
here or just search on Wiby (but searching on Wiby
gives results of varying quality and is really it and miss, i've personally added it to my search
engine so i can see it without having to actively search for it). You can access the websites of
forum members by clicking on the spinning earth under the person's name by the way. (Mine isn't
really rabbit-hole worthy so i won't recommend going on it if that's what you're looking for)

I don't know if it's in the traditions of forums to update like this but could you post a reply when you've built your portfolio ? There's less non pixel art animation in this community than in others so it's always a bit refreshing to see some.

Have a good day ! :dive:

Héhé, écoute, derrière y'avait pas mal de vent.
keybladekid6
Jr. Member ⚓︎

hey roxy! boys night! lol

iMood: keybladekid6

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2023 @654.21 »

welcome welcome c:

ur art style looks super cool and i can't wait to see what else you make! :cheerR: glad to have you here!!

xoxo, lolo  :transport:

"that day, beneath that ruby sky..."
night-at-the-musian
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Rule 1: Throw the bone!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023 @816.81 »

Howdy! I love your animations and your archival project with TTWNN! :grin:

Tiny Roman Appreciator

HalfOfBilly
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Neat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2023 @536.75 »

I don't know if it's in the traditions of forums to update like this but could you post a reply when you've built your portfolio ? There's less non pixel art animation in this community than in others so it's always a bit refreshing to see some.
Sorry this is coming over 2 months late- but I only just got around to finishing my portfolio  :drat:
https://halfofbilly.com/Videos.html

I also post sometimes on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/@halfofbilly/videos), however most of the videos are more meme-ish and generally lesser quality.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy :) And I'd love to hear feedback if you have any.

I'm an animator who animates animations (now in 1080p!!)
urgellx
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Lost on the web

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2023 @634.88 »

Sorry this is coming over 2 months late- but I only just got around to finishing my portfolio  :drat:
https://halfofbilly.com/Videos.html

I also post sometimes on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/@halfofbilly/videos), however most of the videos are more meme-ish and generally lesser quality.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy :) And I'd love to hear feedback if you have any.

I won't be providing much useful feedback since i haven't dabbled in animation outside of a
   short (a few dozens frames) plant mutation but your animation make me remember what i could
   find when searching for older web animations. The sometimes overly fluid animations feel a
   bit weird and out of place compared to others but that's not really a bad thing since
   there's entire movies that have this quirk (thinking about the King and the Mockingbird).

Then again, since it's shorts with relatively straight-to-the-point character design, i
   can't really think of anything easy to pick apart. Hope you'll follow this hobby in the
   future, but i can't say anything really useful to you right now !

Have a good day Ol' Half Billy ! :dive:

Héhé, écoute, derrière y'avait pas mal de vent.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi