Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @227.92 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | | |-+  l'm cursed.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: l'm cursed.  (Read 1693 times)
egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

dumpster diver who is a girl named bert

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: October 28, 2023 @755.17 »

(pasted from another topic i was in) --> i may have some sort of tech related curse where every piece of technology made after the 2000's that comes into contact with me breaks in some sort of freak accident. its honestly insane. one time i got up from my seat and my phone, which was in my chest satchel fell right onto the corner of the table, shattering it. one other time i was just sitting using my phone and it started oozing purple liquid until it was completely covered in it and didnt turn on. one time i turned my laptop off for like 2 days and when i turned it back on it was unusable. like it was posessed or something? windows were moving on their own, the mouse moved by itself too. when i wrote something it would either delete itself or spam it.. i had footage but i was hosting the footage on a firefish cloud and you know how bad those are..., my other laptop shattered in half one day.... (paste end)
ive bricked pcs on complete accident more than twice. uwahh.... you dont have to believe in curses or anything ive said to help an unlucky netizen out (i dont believe its an actual curse either, but it is pretty weird, right?)
anyways, my curse affects operating systems now :( every attempt ive made to use a debian/ubuntu based distro it would always be an horribly weird experience.... just really bad
does anyone reccomend any distros that arent based on those? preferably beginner friendly.

egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2023 @830.56 »

nevermind i bricked it. i bricked my laptop. im not even joking man

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2023 @54.90 »

Sounds like something out of the anime Serial Experiments Lain xD That is honestly crazy

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2024 @940.14 »

THE CURSE STRIKES AGAIN. the laptop i use now started hallucinating? it is having visisions (visions).
guys?

egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2024 @941.23 »

oh yeah i also ended up accidentally uninstalling the entire OS on the previous pc

m1k3

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2024 @134.69 »

@egbert hurry do what it says before it gets really angry!
Fish
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of the most ok cuppa joe

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2024 @277.35 »

Did you anger a cyberwitch or something?

xero333

StatusCafe: xero333
iMood: xero333
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2024 @670.13 »

For me it's phone screens. I've lost count of the amount of screens I've cracked or smashed over the years. I remember having this awesome nokia slide phone, advertised as a "walkman" type thing. I absolutely loved it, probably my favourite phone ever. I had these baggy shorts on one day and remember sitting down on a wall. The pocket had moved round so that when I sat down, I sat directly on the phone, smashing the screen. I was so annoyed.

:pc: Bring back the old web! :pc:
egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2024 @828.88 »

oh yeah i also ended up accidentally uninstalling the entire OS on the previous pc

oh i didnt add the image itself lol. here

grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2024 @838.46 »

for me its passwords  :drat:  xD it's insane. I dont know how many times i've had "wrong password wrong password wah wah" even though I know it'c correct!! and then when I reset and make a new one, it's "you cant use the same as previous".

I also had this whole insane loop many year ago, before Gmail/Google had the security system they use now. It was very similar, but it wasn't completely the same. I forget now how it was, but I think I sat down like 30 mins going through hoops and loops of insanity.

Before passwords were my curse, it was random devices being DOA. I cant tell how many time I bought some tech, like brand new from the factory box fresh, and then it's just a dud...??

inbtwn
Casual Poster

It's the real.

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2024 @46.74 »

for me its passwords  :drat:  xD it's insane. I dont know how many times i've had "wrong password wrong password wah wah" even though I know it'c correct!! and then when I reset and make a new one, it's "you cant use the same as previous".

I also had this whole insane loop many year ago, before Gmail/Google had the security system they use now. It was very similar, but it wasn't completely the same. I forget now how it was, but I think I sat down like 30 mins going through hoops and loops of insanity.

Before passwords were my curse, it was random devices being DOA. I cant tell how many time I bought some tech, like brand new from the factory box fresh, and then it's just a dud...??

having a password manager goes a *long* way in this regard. i've heard good things about 1Password and Bitwarden if you're looking for recommendations!

Y2KStardust
Jr. Member ⚓︎

ooh, what does this button do??

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2024 @63.58 »

Agreed re: the password manager, just make *sure* you know the Master Password. I use one and it's a lifesaver but I almost locked myself out of it once by forgetting that  :drat:

grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2024 @695.93 »

having a password manager goes a *long* way in this regard. i've heard good things about 1Password and Bitwarden if you're looking for recommendations!

I wasn't really satisfied with the one I had.  I dont remember the name of it, so I have my passwords in a secret IRL book, lol. But I still get the issue from time to time. Cursed.... xD

egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2024 @803.21 »

I wasn't really satisfied with the one I had.  I dont remember the name of it, so I have my passwords in a secret IRL book, lol. But I still get the issue from time to time. Cursed.... xD

oooh i have my passwords on an irl book too! i might lose it tho...

grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2024 @834.93 »

oooh i have my passwords on an irl book too! i might lose it tho...

I've been told that it's the safest way to keep them! xD I mainly just used it cause its' easier for me, and there's no way I would lose the book, except for in a housefire or similar of course, but at that point, passwords are my least concern, oof.

I do remember most of them anyway, so as long as I remember the ones to my main emails, I can be helped a lot should something horrible happen.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi