Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @353.96 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Do you give your sites seasonal themes?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Do you give your sites seasonal themes?  (Read 937 times)
Onio
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Coziest Café Award 2023Café ClubJoined 2022!
« on: October 29, 2023 @366.28 »

I finally updated my front page and gave it a bit of an autumnal theme with falling leaves, a cozy bonfire, and some crackling sounds in the background. I know Melon does, and I'm a big fan of it! Do you guys update with seasonal themes?

Nickolox
Casual Poster

The Lord of Waluigis

StatusCafe: nickolox

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023 @385.90 »

my site currently doesn't have any seasonal stuff right now, but I've been working on the functionality for it in javascript, doing so in JS because then it can be automatic, I tend to be pretty forgetful lol.
I think it makes for a super cute little flair for a site to have seasonal theming!! More sites should definitely do it IMO :transport:

The Lord of Waluigis and King of Bush Medicine :melon:

My Silly Webbed Sites:

TheNothingMonster
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey psst! Wanna see something spooky?

StatusCafe: thenothingmonster

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2023 @577.86 »

I've already made a couple of code snippets and graphics for that purpose, but never bothered to finish them. :tongue: I usually change a picture on my homepage once in a blue moon, according to the current season or holiday. Then again, I haven't made that many images and I always forget to swap them out.

but I've been working on the functionality for it in javascript, doing so in JS because then it can be automatic, I tend to be pretty forgetful lol.
I had also thought of the same concept at some point. Now that you have reminded me of it, I might as well consider it a bit more. It would be an exciting little thing to add in some way or another. :cheerR:

~~~~~~~~~~~~
WynnDawnstrider
Casual Poster ⚓︎

PicMix: WynnDawnstrider

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2023 @594.95 »

I might next year! But I only just started mine a couple months ago and while it's functional it's still VERY wip! It's still too much of a mess to be changing around seasonally sadly.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2023 @606.55 »

I find that doing a seasonal theme can be a great way to experiment with new ideas on a site; it pushes you to do some whacky things, and even if they totally don't work or are over the top; they are only temporary, so you don't have to stress about removing them later.

That said I have a bad habit of keeping mine up way too long  :tongue:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2023 @682.91 »

I like adding fun "limited time" pages and events and stuff for viewers to find. I think it's a lot of fun both to implement and to visit on a site, and makes it fun that it changes over time.

I focus more on seasonal "content" than seasonal themes/visuals. So, on my site you can go looking for a Halloween party and look at Halloween page adopts that I've made and so on, but I haven't rethemed the entire site.

I do have plans for an advent calender page in December, too...

kurohaato
Full Member ⚓︎

:D

StatusCafe: rinrinrin
iMood: kurohaato
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2023 @857.58 »

Kinda? If I have a seasonal page like my birthday balloons or my spooky meme page then I'll update my layout/create a theme to match it. I don't really do much else besides that, though I'm thinking of putting a santa hat on the Mari I have on my homepage. I also have my birthday code but that's for my birthday only so I wouldn't call it seasonal.  :ok:

01110110 01101001 01110110 01100001 00100000 01101100 01100001 00100000 01101111 01111010 01110111 01101111 01101101 01110000 00100001 00100000 00111010 01000100 :ozwomp:
night-at-the-musian
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Rule 1: Throw the bone!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2023 @11.55 »

I hadn't considered doing that, but now that sounds like a ton of fun! At the very least I can put a little Santa hat on Dexter on the landing page. :grin:

Tiny Roman Appreciator

Kolo
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: kolo

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2023 @228.03 »

I just have a small little footer image I change out to be seasonal. Right now it's my two favorite OCs dressed in Halloween costumes, next month it will just be the default hugging one, and then it'll be a generic winter one for December.

⋆。˚⋆.°˖✧ there is a dream world many miles inside me ✧˖°.⋆ ˚。⋆
⋆。˚⋆.°˖✧ and i go there when i can ... many miles haunting me ✧˖°.⋆ ˚。⋆
Loebas
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2023 @862.41 »

Givin that xmas is only a few months away, i dont think i'm going to give my website a xmas theme.

Unsure about next year, but it is most unlikely.
creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2023 @701.55 »

i did a chrismtas theme last year, this year im not so sure

Also no sense of changing it to be mroe halloweeny than it already is.

PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2023 @865.67 »

I have a Halloween page and a Christmas page I put links to on my homepage for their respective holidays, but never an actual theme. (Which reminds me, this year I put my Halloween page up on the 28th, which means it's been up for longer after Halloween than before!) But I think I may at least try something for Christmas! Maybe I'll change the song on my homepage, at least, or have a snowfalling effect. Who knows?

"...And we are not angels, to be comforted by seeing the means for which everything is sent."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, Wives and Daughters

ashton
Casual Poster ⚓︎

she/her

StatusCafe: angelribs
iMood: angelribs

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2023 @903.15 »

I like adding fun "limited time" pages and events and stuff for viewers to find. I think it's a lot of fun both to implement and to visit on a site, and makes it fun that it changes over time.

I focus more on seasonal "content" than seasonal themes/visuals. So, on my site you can go looking for a Halloween party and look at Halloween page adopts that I've made and so on, but I haven't rethemed the entire site.

I do have plans for an advent calender page in December, too...

this sounds like so much fun, omg. i was considering implementing a seasonal theme thing next year but honestly i like this a bit more

my current layout is very much not seasonal, but honestly halloween is my favorite holiday and im a bit regretful i didnt make a halloween layout this year. perhaps next!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

POLL: How many personal sites have you built?

Started by xandraBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 30
Views: 5448
Last post January 11, 2024 @150.49
by xXWebMasterXx_Gina
I am new to making sites and I want some tips to improve.

Started by Icey!Board ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 4
Views: 2025
Last post December 14, 2021 @853.48
by Icey!
New video project! Archive of 4659 Sites

Started by MelooonBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 2
Views: 1792
Last post January 26, 2022 @158.11
by cinni

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi