Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @422.95 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 31/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | | |-+  What is your favourite video game OST?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: What is your favourite video game OST?  (Read 1337 times)
Memory
« on: November 03, 2023 @911.61 »

Do you have a favourite video game OST? Or maybe a few? Please share them with me :ozwomp: !!!

Personally, I love listening to video game OST's to relax, hype myself up, or focus! I find that the wide range of them means I'm never lacking, and so many of them offer me so much comfort and nostalgia. I'd love to hear the reasons behind your favourite OST(s)!

Here are a few of mine.

Yume Nikki is a childhood favourite game of mine. So much of a favourite that I even have a tattoo about it! It's so atmospheric and warm to me, and it cheers me up when I'm feeling bad.

Ah... Another childhood favourite! It's so upbeat and funky and this one just makes me feel silly!  :ha:

While all of the Animal crossing soundtracks are nostalgic for me, New Leaf is my favourite because it's the game I played the most! Really helpful for when I'm reading! ... I wish Gracie Grace was in New Horizons...
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023 @914.13 »

I really like Dragon Age: Origins, Stardew Valley, and Unrailed! :smile:

But I also enjoy some of the Crash Bandicoot stuff like you, especially from 3: Warped.

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
wetnoodle
Full Member ⚓︎

a silly lil goose

View Profile WWW

LifeParticipated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2023 @916.20 »

Both of these games are absolutely beautifully made with some of my favorite visuals and audio in any game. Both soundtracks are also made by artists I already knew and loved. (Disasterpeace and Japanese Breakfast)

soapfriendo
Jr. Member ⚓︎

soap, it/they

iMood: soapfriendo

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2023 @982.57 »

it's a good tie between pizza tower and pretty much all the splatoon story modes. alterna story mode especially has some of the coolest atmospheric shit ever and some of it does a good job at capturing the whole "post apocalyptic humans are fucking dead" vibe

« Last Edit: November 03, 2023 @984.51 by soapfriendo » Logged

flowers
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2023 @119.54 »

ok so right now there's a LOT of silent hill contenders, but i'll pick these for now

otherwise, i'm picking these as my faves recently, but there's too many i could pick!

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2023 @179.10 »

I'd say it's a toss-up between Silent Hill 2, Yume Nikki, and Undertale! My favorite track from each would have to be Forced Attrition, The End, and Waterfall.

TheNothingMonster
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey psst! Wanna see something spooky?

StatusCafe: thenothingmonster

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2023 @413.48 »

I have a variety of OSTs or certain tracks from OSTs I enjoy, but the ones I've fully heard are the Minecraft, OFF, Team Fortress 2, Lost in Vivo and Plants VS Zombies soundtracks! Here's some of my top tracks from them:

Minecraft - Living Mice

OFF - Pepper Steak

Team Fortress 2 - Rocket Jump Waltz

Lost in Vivo - Graceful Serenity

Plants VS Zombies - Watery Graves

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Memory
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2023 @531.85 »

There's some incredible video game music out there. I second Minecraft, Pizza Tower, Jet Set Radio, and Undertale, which have all been posted in this thread. They are some of my favourite OSTs as well. Minecraft's music in particular is iconic and has become greatly nostalgic for millions who played the game in the 2010s. Its soundtrack is simply beautiful, much of it is a type of ambience that instils a sense of encouraging curiosity in the listener, and often feels very comforting to listen to. I can't think of a more fitting choice of music for a game like Minecraft, I love every single track in the game. I have listened to some of C418's other works too; he is a very talented musician.

To add to this thread, some of my favourite video game OSTs are from Spyro, Evil Twin: Cyprien's Chronicles, and a personal favourite of mine, Little Big Adventure 2: Twinsen's Odyssey.

Spyro the Dragon OST - Toasty

Evil Twin: Cyprien's Chronicles OST - Training Copains

Twinsen's Odyssey OST - Theme 6
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023 @575.83 by Snow » Logged
Memory
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2023 @608.56 »

WAOW! So many replies, I'm so happy! I'm excited to look through the list today and vibe with your guys favourites! Big ups @MrsMoe for the Yume Nikki taste  :ozwomp: <3
Memory
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2023 @612.59 »

A couple more great OSTs/video game songs to add to this thread:

Paul Shortino - E.G.G.M.A.N. (Sonic Adventure 2 OST)

Second Samurai OST - Prehistoric Stage Theme 1

Lethal League OST - Ordinary Days
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023 @573.73 by Snow » Logged
myleszey
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Rabbit

View Profile WWW

Two SSL certificates for the price of oneFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2023 @693.45 »

I'll make it simple and just pick three different tracks, there are just so many to pick from! Big shout out to Pepper Steak from Saturday by the way, love that song! It would be a little disproportionate if it was all rhythm game music but I will intentionally include just one.

If I had to pick a whole soundtrack from a game - right now my mind goes to Tribal Hunter. Check it out!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023 @697.18 by myleszey » Logged

starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

What good is Heaven if we dare not storm it?

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2023 @742.56 »

The YU-NO track sounds like it ought to have been in Phantasy Star IV. Speaking of which...

Anybody remember Valkyrie Profile? Here's "Hard Chain Reaction" by Motoi Sakuraba.

Memory
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2023 @745.02 »

Katamari, easy! When I'm writing essays, I listen to this Katamari song on a loop till I finish. It works every time. I also really like the ACWW soundtrack, Stardew, & the Jet Set Radio OST. I used to listen to JSR at work till I got a new & very lame boss who doesn't let us wear headphones or play music... And the old Minecraft OST. It makes me so nostalgic, Undertale too.

Oh and how could I forget the Persona 5 Royal soundtrack? Probably the best out of everything I've listed so far. I never play P5R with the audio off & its songs are in my daily playlist. I'm not sure I can even pick a favorite song off of the OST... Maybe Beneath the Mask? Or for a more energetic track, I like Rivers in the Desert & Last Surprise. These are just some of its vocal tracks. Its nonvocal tracks are incredible too. I haven't played a game with a soundtrack even close to this one. The tracks are all good on their own, but having them accompany your gameplay, especially during the game's battles is an experience in and of itself.
itspencilz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2023 @233.04 »

Pac-Man World 2 is a nostalgic game for me and its soundtrack makes me happy.

Vroom vroom
konamiesque
Casual Poster

Play the Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha duology

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2023 @637.19 »

Castlevania, Castlevania, Castlevania!!! There are so many iconic songs like Vampire Killer, Bloody Tears, Divine Bloodlines, etc., but there are some super underrated tracks (imo) that I really love too, like Invitation of a Crazed Moon!

An Empty Tome is also fantastic.

I've also got to give a shoutout to the Sea of Stars soundtrack. I downloaded this game on a whim a few weeks ago and now I'm thoroughly OBSESSED. For now I'll post The Storm Calls For You, a charming little piece of pirate battle music.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonEngine - Mini Three.js Game Engine

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 1
Views: 2094
Last post February 22, 2022 @261.66
by ellievoyyd
Ozwomp's Voyage in Cyberspace - Video Project

Started by MelooonBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 3
Views: 2131
Last post December 06, 2021 @791.33
by Melooon
°˖ ✧-:game assets:・゚✧

Started by cinniBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 1
Views: 2039
Last post November 23, 2021 @816.09
by Neonriser

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi