Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
May 01, 2024 - @81.89 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 87/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  Rooms.xyz - interactive rooms in your browser and iOS

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rooms.xyz - interactive rooms in your browser and iOS  (Read 619 times)
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: November 19, 2023 @625.00 »

Stumbled upon this project today, so I thought I would share.
We know 3D online worlds from commercial attempts like the metaverse or VR chat, or browser versions like the ones by @Melooon and @cinni. Usually, those are made in Unity or other engines and exported for browser, or made with X3DOM.

There's Rooms, which lets you make a room to hang out in and lets you edit or create new items to put in it, and also look at and edit the code.
It seems like it could be a fun and more easy entrance into making 3D stuff work in the browser. Game engines and X3DOM are kind of intimidating to start with and can require a lot of learning and documentation, so this may be interesting for those of you who want to dabble in it before making your own by hand on Neocities or another hoster.

For me, it seems to run very poorly in the browser, but it could be my setup's fault.

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2023 @264.26 »

Oh wow, this is neat! I wonder how useful this could be for creating room refs for writing or drawing (I get that it's all in a blocky style, but it might help with getting an idea of what a room looks like and where all the items are).

tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023 @599.03 »

Oh I absolutely love this site, thanks for sharing! Works fine for me in the browser btw

Spent quite some time jumping from room to room, so cool and interesting to see what people create. The feeling kinda reminds me of jumping from website to website through buttons and links  :grin:

Definitely feel an urge to attempt my own room there now...

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024 @727.59 »

Oh these are so cool! Are they strictly for people who uh work with these programs and such, or is it like, people can come in and like build with ready assets and stuff? like in Sims sort of, I guess? either way they are so cool oh my god

tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024 @762.78 »

Oh these are so cool! Are they strictly for people who uh work with these programs and such, or is it like, people can come in and like build with ready assets and stuff? like in Sims sort of, I guess? either way they are so cool oh my god

There's a considerable catalog of pre-made items and interactions (aka "If you click on this picture this link will open"), whether to edit them or not is entirely up to you! And yeah, you basically place them like in The Sims. Plus, the items themselves are edited through adding/removing bricks right there in the browser/app (I recolored a table 'cause I wanted it black, for example, and changed the shape of its legs, but that's 'cause I decided to). The only programming involved is for, like, physics and complex actions, and you don't have to dabble with it unless you wanna :D

Altho it's supposed to be very easy too, I just haven't thought of an idea I'd like to try yet. So for now I settled with a cool room decorated sims-style x)

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2024 @764.00 »

oooooh right right then I think I just misunderstood. I assumed all rooms were like, hand made in Unity (or something) from scratch, not something website visitors could create on-site sort of, hah.  :drat: But yeah that is amazing ahhh now I gotta go snoop around again

tertiaryapocalypse
Casual Poster ⚓︎

travelling through space at a very high speed

iMood: tertiaryapocalypse

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2024 @796.91 »

i poked around a bit and this is very neat. i might end up making a room that links to a bunch of stuff i'm interested in. i wish the model editing had more features, though. i ended up spending like, 30 minutes just repainting a chair  :drat: maybe i'm just not super in-tune with the controls? either way, thanks for sharing.

a button for the site tertiaryapocalypse, which reads 'visit mars' in all caps and below it reads the site name.a button reading long gone legends in black and white with an eye icon with a star pupil
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Interactive Fiction Archive

Started by CooperationIsKeyBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 2
Views: 1592
Last post November 25, 2021 @928.61
by CooperationIsKey
Poll: What browser do you use?

Started by MelooonBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 107
Views: 9372
Last post April 28, 2024 @99.10
by PurpleHello98
old MSPaint in browser

Started by DarmodejBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 4
Views: 1632
Last post April 02, 2022 @344.05
by ramenwaitress

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi