Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @190.94 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!
| | |-+  What was your most recent dream or nightmare

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: What was your most recent dream or nightmare  (Read 1957 times)
CaffeinatedElf
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Lover of caffeine

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: November 22, 2023 @356.16 »

I'll go first.

I dreamt that I was an astronaut floating in space slowly descending to earth with each passing orbit.
I felt pretty weightless, and I saw no ship or spacecraft anywhere.
It was nice, peaceful, and quiet at first. I could see the earth and it was beautiful. After some time, I felt what can be described as drag from the atmosphere.
Eventually I could feel the drag get stronger and I could feel the air rushing past me get louder with each time I went around the world.

I woke up before I burnt up into the atmosphere.

Lord of chaos, Baron of death (sometimes)
Located behind your local coffee shop's dumpster or energy drink bottling plant run off
Sometimes also found here
thea apianæ

coming to you live from the dust and cobwebs

View Profile

Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023 @519.70 »

i don't actually remember my most recent dream, it was like a couple days ago but i didn't write it down lol

so instead here's a note on my phone from october 30th:

i had a dream where i accidentally published the goosebumps vid for a bit before making it private again, but someone had alr managed to download the midi and use it to make a rly shitty cover of it w kasane teto in utau. it was like they'd repeated the main vocal track like 3 measures before the og and they were both playing at the same time.

plus their video got like 11k views, so i panicked and posted mine too even tho it was like a day or two before halloween

context is that i'd made a song cover for halloween and had it privated on my youtube channel until then :P for some reason my dreams seem to mostly be about technology.

also a couple months ago i had a dream where i poured a bowl of cereal over my older brother's head??? i don't remember why, i think i was angry about something?

^ where i post from
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023 @636.27 »

Oh super weird! I was literally thinking of making a thread like this at the same time you posted this  :ozwomp:

If I had to analyse your dream @CaffeinatedElf it seems like you're enjoying being free and lost in something, but you have a fear that if you go too far it will destroy you (and you also maybe feel like you can't stop yourself) - Id maybe focus on trying to control your flight (in dreams and the waking world)

@thea apianæ Your one seems like you're worried you won't get credit for the things you create in the world, and maybe the spaces you inhabit (YT) are not giving you a feeling of security.

I had a half-nightmare last night after a bad night's sleep:
I was staying at my dads with some other guests and he led us into a dusty crypt because there were no free beds in the house; there was intense gothic organ music playing in the church above and he said "There's always good music on Fridays" - then he was telling a boring story.. thankfully I saw an old crush of mine, so I tried to talk to her instead. She wanted to dance, so we did that, but then she started making ridiculous (slightly disturbing) faces, so I did that too, to fit in, but it felt very forced so I left and went to bed.

In the dream, I had another sub-dream; I looked in the mirror and saw a cool new design for my site's navigation bar! (It was all these panels of images and miniature rooms); I was like WOAH that's cool, Im gonna take a picture of that, so I got out my phone; but when I looked in the mirror again my reflection was a growling leopard. That was scairy so I went back to bed and then woke up (from the sub-dream), and tried to pull the covers closer, but a half-eaten rat rolled off the covers onto me! I didn't like that at all so I tried screaming and woke myself up for real
(Then I made a note about the cool navigation bar for real  :ohdear: )

Good luck trying to figure that one out  :tongue:  but I think maybe it's about fearing mortality and worrying that I hide my worries behind my work  :ohdear:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2023 @641.91 »

Hmm @Melooon , trying to analyze yours now :tongue:
If I had to guess I would wonder if you're worried that there is no space for you at your dad's place, like he is preoccupied a lot with other people right now and doesn't really have time for you? And you seek comfort in things that used to bring you comfort, but since you've also changed and grown, it is not as comforting as it used to be. And the subdream could be about how committing to a new design is scary, and sometimes you also forget your best ideas and get mad that you didn't capture them (like a good idea you had when you fell asleep, didn't write down, and then forgot the next morning).
I have no idea about the rat :grin:

My dream(s) last night were a bit boring for the most part and I don't remember as much as I do for other dreams, but I remember my workplace was shut down by a hacker - because I clicked a suspicious email and only realized after the click that it was spam. I immediately notified IT but the damage was done. I was really ashamed. I can totally see what this dream alludes to - I had time off from the 6th, and still until the 30th, but I kinda dread going back because I am scared that in my absence, lots of things will have gone wrong that I will have to fix upon return :0
In another part of a dream, I visited a horse stable with people I used to ride horses with over 10 years ago, and one horse kicked me in the ribs and hurt our stable dog. I was complaining about the sore left rib online.

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

bred :3First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2023 @705.45 »

I've been having a lot of dreams lately taking place at my old house or my gran's place. I've been feeling really depressed and lonely lately, and I think I've been able to put 2 and 2 together.

I think the cause of my mental health issues is due to my grandmother passing away recently, and her house being sold.
To give some background, as a result of being from an Italian family, us and our cousins met up every Sunday there for lunch, so anything that was going on in our lives we got to share then with each-other, or we got to play the latest games, or watch any movies we have.

I think I've been feeling deperately depressed because I can't do that any more. We've all grown apart. It's like a huge part of my life is missing...

As a result of having ASD, I find it difficult to make any connections with people, so I'm not sure I'll ever be able to meet with people regularly again and be close enough to share anything going on.

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
virtualtelegrams
Casual Poster

it/they

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2023 @878.97 »

I had a really weird nightmare set in some sort of universe where being half human half (something else) or fully something else or shapeshifting was normal. Universe was cool, plot that took place in it.... nope!

-virtualtelegrams
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2023 @971.79 »

if you're worried that there is no space for you at your dad's place
Possibly, that's definitely pretty typical for him; though I wonder if its really about him at all. I often think people in dreams are more like archetypes, he represented the past that I came from (Your parents are to blame for your life and by proxy they are also to blame for your death); the girl represents all love, not just that one girl; and the rat represented an uncomfortable truth or realisation!

I will have to fix upon return
It sounds like you put too much pressure on yourself to be the solution to the problems around you!

visited a horse stable with people I used to ride horses
Hmmmmm, either you're are afraid something from the past is gonna come and hurt you, or you want to use the past as a source for drama content on forums :ok:

my old house or my gran's place
I dream about old houses a lot too and its a big source of inspiration; family houses like that are not just buildings, they are spaces that bind people together and define them. It sounds like you right, you probably need that feeling of defining your clan in the world. But Christmas is coming up, so that's a great excuse to try and get together and maybe teach yourself that other spaces can be home too.

being half human half (something else) or fully something else or shapeshifting
It sounds kinda cool, but you say its a nightmare; so that sounds like trouble with boundaries!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
virtualtelegrams
Casual Poster

it/they

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2023 @973.13 »

Oh haha, the actual shapeshifting was fine and all, that didn't really have anything to do with the nightmare part. The nightmare part could have happened in this current world/universe anyway.

-virtualtelegrams
itspencilz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2023 @982.72 »

Had a dream a few nights ago someone came up to me and said "Nice comb-over".

For the record I am not going bald.  :ohdear:

Vroom vroom
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2023 @40.12 »

It's interesting, mentioning shapeshifting dreams being about boundaries, since a couple years ago I had a dream where I re-encountered a very toxic person in my life and they kept trying to talk to me, and then I shapeshifted into some kind of feathery blue dragon while in excruciating pain.

More detailed version:
I was downtown, by a road, at night, watching some kind of Christmas parade. The street lights glowed golden... The aforementioned abusive person was suddenly standing right next to me, and began talking extensively about how it had been forever since we had spoken and how we should catch up to speed and possibly see each other irl more often (this was an online frkend but we did meet irl once) while I just kind of stood there silently hoping for the conversation to be over. (I also have dreams sometimes about knowing they're in the same place I am, like a hotel or a particular city, and trying to avoid them). The dream rhen "cut" to a field of golden wheat and grain, and the sky was bright golden too, in the sunset. I was hunched over in the middle of the field and staring up at the sun, my face was in excruciating pain and shifting into some kind of snout and I felt my whole body turning into this aforementioned blue feathery dragon- the color was a sort of almost white, icy blue, and I distinctly remember having a long beak(?) also. And I screamed and screamed up at the sun while I became this strange monster. aaaand that's all.

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2023 @257.95 »

I'm not sure if this is the last dream I had, but it's certainly the latest I remember.

Basically, it was my birthday and my family drove me through the city all the way to this nice park. They held my birthday party there and it was absolutely wonderful, with a shit ton of food and gifts and everyone I love was there.

But then I woke up for a second, looked around, and then went back to sleep.

....and when I woke up, I was BACK AT HOME....AND I HAD TO WALK MY WAY BACK TO THE PARK ON MY OWN!!!!  :ozwomp:

The rest of the dream was me wandering around town and asking people for directions  :drat:

tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2023 @633.26 »

...and when I woke up, I was BACK AT HOME....AND I HAD TO WALK MY WAY BACK TO THE PARK ON MY OWN!!!!  :ozwomp:

You got teleported back to the spawning point! :D

Gee, the last dream that I remember was a very specific kind of a nightmare(-ish). My mom and I were visiting some bakery and they were hiring, hearing which my mom suddenly decided to "help" me with my shaky employment situation and just. Asked them to hire me and somehow made the arrangement right there on the spot while peer pressuring my flabbergasted self to agree.

Long story short, I got dropped into the thick of it the next morning, was panicking not knowing what to do, dropped some food, forgot to send out an order, messed it all up, told a friendly co-worker that YES OF COURSE I love it here

And then the next day I turned my phone off and didn't show up. What are they gonna do, fire me?

Immediately after I realized that I could escape all consequences by waking up. Which I did.

To be honest, nothing to analyze here, I'm anxious, have work trouble and being expected to do something under pressure without having the experience to do it sends me into hysterics. Similar nightmares included being sent to the Moon as an astronaut without training and being expected to do a firefighter's job with, you guessed it, also no training. It's a recurrent theme.

Even at night my brain can't give itself a break  :tongue:

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2023 @479.24 »

:ohdear: I had a dream that multi coloured kitchen sponges were going on a goonies style adventure, and they had to go rafting in a storm but they kept absorbing the water  :drat:

Nickolox
Casual Poster

The Lord of Waluigis

StatusCafe: nickolox

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2023 @878.58 »

A lot of my dreams are weird and wacky, I've been considering writing up a dream diary cause I get so many strange ones lol

My most recent dream was one where I was hanging with some friends at a mall that was shutting down and we were wandering around the shops and found this weird mix of like, a makeup shop + a nerdy game/anime merch shop ???
There were no staff at the shop and I saw in the glass cabinet displays they had a ton of super rare/expensive stuff and so me and my friends looted the absolute shit out of the place, even diving out the back to dig for more goodies, and making two trips because we had so much stuff.

I wouldn't actually steal anything in reality, I think deep down I'm just craving collectors stuff xP
I'm not sure why, I don't even have any room for anything anymore hahaha

The Lord of Waluigis and King of Bush Medicine :melon:

My Silly Webbed Sites:

arsenicCatnip

Big Big Worm is Wriggling With Glee!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2023 @470.37 »

I dreamt about the old house. The 3-bedroom apartment that I grew up in, and had to leave just before I turned 12. I dream about it all the time and I remember it so well, I remember the coarse brown carpet with a dark burn-mark in the shape of a clothes iron near the family computer. Wet condensation on the windows every winter, and you can hear cars passing by on the highway just behind the apartment block. I'm not sure why I dream about that apartment so much, but every time I do, I always wake up wishing I could buy that place up and live in it for the rest of my life.

Sipping strawberry tea...beaming love into me...eternally........
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Dream quiz (updated!)

Started by KariusBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 12
Views: 2900
Last post April 24, 2022 @724.80
by Karius
Art based on my friends dream

Started by DojidaveBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 1
Views: 1365
Last post April 06, 2022 @976.28
by cinni
Recently I got a very old version of Game Maker (GameMaker 5)

Started by easy_breezyBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 6
Views: 1852
Last post May 05, 2022 @866.32
by Neonriser

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi