Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @399.64 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 31/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | | |-+  Does anybody here still use soundcloud?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Does anybody here still use soundcloud?  (Read 511 times)
hellodreamymiku
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: November 26, 2023 @611.40 »

hi melonland users!!!! How are ya? I have a question for you all! Do you still use/ or started using soundcloud? I know that it used to be one of my favorite websites when I was little because it had a very different charm than what most other streaming platforms had, it was more individual and you could comment on the exact time you wanted to, which made it seem like there was a little dialogue going on right below the song that I thought was super cute! I also remember there were a lot of parody songs and extremely cool covers. And of course, right now I still use soundcloud but not as much as I used to a few years back and I find it too dead so the last time I posted a song there I got a few likes but it was ALL bots and scams which makes me feel disappointed. I still see the UTAU and vocaloid community use it a bit since you can easily share the audio file and attach a download for the ust/midi if needed. But besides what I mentioned I haven't seen anybody actively using soundcloud and posting/interacting with older posts. This leads me to the question, are you guys using soundcloud? Do you have any particular memories you'd like to share about soundcloud? I'd love to hear it all!!! I also do use soundcloud but it's only for specific anime covers etc, I don't really use it to listen to big artists and I go to youtube or spotify for that. Oh and, I'd love to hear some song suggestions from you too!  :omg:

Lady Lazarus

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023 @684.85 »

I was super into soundcloud! But I stopped listening years ago... I think mostly because they banned uploading pre-recorded dj mixtapes and they were my favourite thing to listen to and my main music discovery method; they started pushing their algorithmic feed more, but all the songs on my song feed were just ones I didn't really enjoy. After a while, I moved on because I wasn't discovering anything I liked anymore.

I do log in every now and then.. but only to listen to songs I liked in the past, this is the last one I liked and it was uploaded 7 years ago.. so that says a lot  :ohdear:  That said it's nice to rediscover it today!

Also speaking of weird anime mixes.. this was one I totally loved; maybe you'd enjoy it  :grin:
... Ooph it seems to have been deleted from SoundCloud, but I found it on youtube!

なんつってっつっちゃった (Oblongar Glitch Hop Mashup)

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Fish
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of the most ok cuppa joe

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2023 @131.32 »

I used to listen to soundcloud all the time back in middle school! But most of the artists I listened to were also on other platforms that I eventually started using more. Mainly youtube and bandcamp which I also just liked using more anyways.

Also, when I think of soundcloud I think of soundcloud rappers lol. Kinda crazy how much random teens just uploading their own songs had a huge impact on rap through the 2010s but also pretty great.

myleszey
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Rabbit

View Profile WWW

Two SSL certificates for the price of oneFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2023 @652.37 »

I used Soundcloud a bit more when they updated their embeds to look and work a lot better on other platforms. I feel bad about all the cool music stuck in there that's really hard to discover now and all the ways that you used to be able to download or buy the music is gone... link rot and broken links, all that.

なんつってっつっちゃった (Oblongar Glitch Hop Mashup)

I recognize this thumbnail from Yuyushiki! Fun show.

virtue
Full Member ⚓︎

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2023 @828.00 »

I was an artist on soundcloud for around 6 or 7 years, so I spent a LOT of time on there. I don't use it anymore, but it is undoubtedly excellent for finding incredible electronic music. There is hardly anywhere better to look for electronic music. But also, the website is kind of insufferable now and even was at the time. Despite its charm, it holds the same mental position as Tumblr for me. Charming but ultimately still VC funded and destined for enshittification. I do still miss the friends I made on there once upon a time. I still listen to a number of artists I found on there, like defsharp and sanctiar.

I <3 RANDOM MESSAGES!!!
mahoroa
Jr. Member ⚓︎

shadow wizard money gang

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2023 @836.04 »

I still use soundcloud but not that much honestly... idk if anyone else has this problem but I seem to get ads every 2 songs! It's so annoying. Really the only reason I still have it is because it has some songs from doujin circles but also. I can find their stuff on bandcamp and youtube. The only thing it has going for it is that it lets me listen to those songs outside the app lol

thea apianæ

coming to you live from the dust and cobwebs

View Profile

Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2023 @40.94 »

i actually just recently found my soundcloud account from like 6 or 7 years ago that i used to listen to music from geometry dash, of all things. nowadays i'd rather just download all my music, rather than rely on an internet connection, even assuming that all the songs are on a single platform.

i just use my new account for posting vsynth covers. none of them has more than 1k plays but idk if that's indicative of the platform dying, or if it's just me.. i barely use the website for anything else so i really have no idea lol

as for recommendations there's a couple songs i found on soundcloud that i like -- caminar ft hatsune miku and an utau cover of aishite aishite aishite that has some pretty good tuning :)

^ where i post from
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

hello !! heres some art of mine C:

Started by 2010Board ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 16
Views: 3671
Last post July 05, 2024 @207.41
by 2010
Can a website be "useless"?

Started by DJoftheCovenBoard ☌ ∙ Melon's Laboratory

Replies: 45
Views: 5226
Last post September 15, 2023 @380.17
by shevek
/home/user/'s Obscure Song of the Day

Started by MemoryBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 7
Views: 1465
Last post March 23, 2023 @493.16
by Memory

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi