Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @144.49 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 17/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 856.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :eyes: ~ Inconvenience is counterculture ~ :eyes:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects
| | |-+  SurfClub Guides E-Zine! #1 - Pilot! - Out Now!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: SurfClub Guides E-Zine! #1 - Pilot! - Out Now!  (Read 3498 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2024 @726.31 »

wonder if anyone would be interested in this guide
I think this would be super useful; I get at least one email a month from someone who's wondering why their javascript is not working and its because they are not using a local server and its actually not easy to explain to a novice :drat:

possible to submit more than one guide
In the interests of promoting knowledge, I suppose the more the merrier!

will it be possible to update a guide after submission
The webzine will be an archive that cant be updated, but you are welcome to host a copy of your guide on your own site too, and include a link that says something like "check this link for the most up-to-date copy of this guide" etc.

That way there will be a freezeframe archive that will survive even if individual sites go down, but you can also evolve the guides yourself ^^

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Marcellus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Rance Baise Ouais !!

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Marcellus

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2024 @585.35 »

One thing that struck me when I started making my own website is the lack of inspiration for any content. Like there are tons of guides and examples of designs, but no one seems to be explaining how to fill that wonderful website you just styled while this is at least half of the impression you make on people who visit your site. I'll write a guide on "How to fill your personal website ?" !

"Sometimes I create feelings in others that they themselves don't understand."
- Flash McQueen
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2024 @600.01 »

I'll write a guide on "How to fill your personal website ?" !

This is a great idea; Iv updated the list (Also for anyone on the list, don't worry if you wanna change your subject later, the list is just a loose idea of whats happening)

I'd also say that often when Im trying to write guides or talks, I make threads asking some of the questions that Im trying to answer in my guide - it can be really helpful to get extra input from people - so if your struggling with a guide or wanna add more than you know, consider making a thread asking people ^^

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2024 @107.38 »

Short guide about how to stay healthy as a vegan (or, with slight variations: How to increase your chance of having a long and good life through right eating).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024 @108.43 by Melooon » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2024 @108.94 »

Short guide about how to stay healthy as a vegan (or, with slight variations: How to increase your chance of having a long and good life through right eating).

Looks great! Downloaded! (Also removed the link so its a surprise for people!)

ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2024 @109.61 »

Argh, should have re-read the OP before posting :D. Ty!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2024 @784.27 »

Deadline extension! Submissions will remain open until the forum closes on Sunday night (4th) - the zine will launch on Monday and will be accessible from the forum closed screen!

schiavona
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Let's get real weird with it!

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: schiavona
iMood: schiavona

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2024 @802.16 »

I was worried I might miss the deadline, but I think I may be able to whip up a quick something about keeping track of your ideas by Sunday. Hopefully someone will find it helpful.

<>|==================> Oh look I found my cool sword!
ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2024 @2.66 »

This became a great, wild zine :).

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2024 @4.53 »

Well done to everyone who submitted entries to this zine! There are some high-effort guides! I'm really pleased with how it turned out, and I'm much harder to please than most people realise  :tongue:

schiavona
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Let's get real weird with it!

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: schiavona
iMood: schiavona

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2024 @33.88 »

This was such a fun project to work on! I've learned a lot from reading the other articles too, especially since I wasn't particularly sure what a shrine really encompassed, or how to fill my site effectively. I think it was really cool how it had both a mix of web related and non-web related articles, and I'm definitely looking forward to future issues.

<>|==================> Oh look I found my cool sword!
owlhari
Casual Poster ⚓︎

attune your ears to the grinding gears!

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: owlhari

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2024 @260.43 »

reading everyone's submissions was so cool n fun!!! this was such a neat idea, thank u melon for putting it all together

sort of related, i love the color scheme/aesthetic i used for my submission so much that i'm thinking about using it for my whole site, once i get around to re-theming it :0

owl(s) | they/xe | plural
Marcellus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Rance Baise Ouais !!

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Marcellus

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2024 @606.77 »

I just went through the zine, and wow we did a great job! This is exactly what it means to find something you didn't know you were looking for, I never knew I would find myself interested in indian music composition  :grin:

I look forward to being a part of the next issue ! Melon, do you already have plans for #2 ?

"Sometimes I create feelings in others that they themselves don't understand."
- Flash McQueen
BlazingCobaltX
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2024 @909.88 »

I'm finally returning to this thread because it took me that long to read everything. :drat:

The zine turned out great, I learned a lot from other people's entires and it was great fun working on my own. And just saying - in case there's gonna be a next version, I already have my idea ready. :evil:
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Hypnospace Outlaw

Started by MemoryBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 31
Views: 5265
Last post February 06, 2024 @698.00
by foxmosis
Site tour guides?

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 3
Views: 831
Last post December 31, 2022 @120.06
by Memory
dotmidi's : Outfit of the Day

Started by dotmidiBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 9
Views: 1169
Last post December 17, 2023 @871.67
by crow-queen

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi