Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @34.21 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 86/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Open-source Cola

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Open-source Cola  (Read 610 times)
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« on: December 06, 2023 @104.18 »

:defrag: OPEN-SOURCE COLA :defrag:
this piqued my curiosity so much that i felt compelled to write about it for the benefit of other users.

you can find published and shareable recipes for making your own soda using open-source cola!
the best-known formula is OpenCola, which was introduced in 2001 as a self-promotional project by a P2P corporation.
i adore the nomenclature used for it because it sounds like software—they update the recipe and refer to it as version 1.0 or 2.0, for example! :ozwomp:

wikis on OpenCola:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-source_cola
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCola_(drink)
https://www.wikihow.com/Make-OpenCola

i hope to make it soon, but i haven't tried it yet. please let me know if you do. x)  if you would want to add any more details or historical information to this (or your own story) feel free to! :omg:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023 @683.87 by dotmidi » Logged

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Always My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2023 @495.22 »

Cola making is fascinating, did you know it used to be considered a health drink; if I had the space Id totally try and get setup with the big compressed gas thing you need to make it bubbly.

There was a YouTuber who did a whole playlist trying to re-create the original 1886 Coca-Cola recipe based on taste and a few historic documents.

On the very flipside I often drink Posca which is the ancient Roman "cola" its nothing like a cola, but it's very cheap  :tongue:
Here is a recipe! https://romanobritain.org/2-arl_food/arl_roman_recipes-posca.php

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2023 @823.09 »

I actually always buy "knock-off" cola in the stores!! They're so cheap and they taste just as good (but not the same).

What's weird is that coca cola has a weird taste once you go off coca cola and on something else. But it only lasts a few "sips"/drinks before coca cola now tastes normal. By then, the knock off ones taste weird, until you drink a few sips of that etc. Idk why this is so specific for cola!! For example if I switch between sprite/7up or any sprite/7up knock offs, or any other type of soda (fanta, etc) - they just taste whatever and pretty identical, for me at least.

But whenever I switch between real coca cola and any other off-brand cola, my taste buds need to accustom.

Anyway, coke (both coca cola and any other brand) is my main soda flavour. And I swear, there's still something about coke that can settle an upset stomach unlike any other soda.

myleszey
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Rabbit

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2023 @645.74 »

@grubbyfox, really! coke seems to do the opposite for my stomach. though, I've heard good things about colas that aren't made on the mass scale that coca-cola and pepsi are. I'm always on the look out for something like the small-batch root beers are, but for cola...

related to making older versions of coca-cola, you might get in trouble if you try to make it with real coca leaves!

neoratz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

ଘ(+ ໖_໖) tastes funny

iMood: neoratz

View Profile WWW

Won the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2023 @114.54 »

the name IS very cute haha i'm glad to see it's exactly what it sounds like! i'm not a good cook (or mixologist i suppose? :ohdear:) but this idea is so interesting it makes me want to try it too. i think it would be fun to make a cream variant, i love cream soda but truly yummy cream soda is a bit pricey :/ and i am curious if there are other fun ways to prepare it, like making popsicles....what a beautiful cola world awaits us

i promised i'm not alone in heaven... ˖˚
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2023 @988.01 »

the name IS very cute haha i'm glad to see it's exactly what it sounds like! i'm not a good cook (or mixologist i suppose? :ohdear:) but this idea is so interesting it makes me want to try it too. i think it would be fun to make a cream variant, i love cream soda but truly yummy cream soda is a bit pricey :/ and i am curious if there are other fun ways to prepare it, like making popsicles....what a beautiful cola world awaits us

oh man i feel you actually, i adore cream soda but its extremely hard to come by  :ohdear:  :ohdear:
also, with everything going on groceries r only getting more and more expensive, jesus christ a pack of soda was like $8 also yeah haha im glad someone else understood the novelty of the coder nerd language..? or how to put it.. uh, you get what i mean. the terminology is very endearing to me!   :loved:

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
virtue
Full Member ⚓︎

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2023 @217.21 »

I'm imagining an entire "brand" line of Open-source replicas of common soda types, that would honestly be amazing! I used to have a great deal of fun making my own sodas when I was a child (grape was my favorite). We had kits that we used that taught how to make your own stuff and I experimented quite a bit! If you ever can get your hands on the ingredients and equipment, try it out! Home made sodas are super super fun1 Also it seems you messed up the link to "OpenCola (drink" as the last parentheses is cut out of the hyperlink so it doesn't work properly.

I <3 RANDOM MESSAGES!!!
NetherFalcon
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Goddess of Stupidity

iMood: NetherFalcon
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2024 @313.40 »

This concept looks interesting, this stuff makes me wanna try it as i never did such a thing before. I'm more curious on how OpenCola would taste, it looks really good!

Triplets born, the throne awaits...
alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

NEW PLASTIC TREE 5.29 !!!!1!!!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2024 @316.89 »

What's weird is that coca cola has a weird taste once you go off coca cola and on something else. But it only lasts a few "sips"/drinks before coca cola now tastes normal. By then, the knock off ones taste weird, until you drink a few sips of that etc. Idk why this is so specific for cola!! For example if I switch between sprite/7up or any sprite/7up knock offs, or any other type of soda (fanta, etc) - they just taste whatever and pretty identical, for me at least.
You're so right about this. When I'm at uni, they only have Pepsi there, but my family prefers Coke. so i get that effect every time i come home :ok:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi