Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @766.72 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 71/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  Who's a jazz fan? Recs?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Who's a jazz fan? Recs?  (Read 675 times)
purelyconstructive
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2023 @780.96 »

I may have little appreciation for lyrics in music but I have very deep appreciation for rhythm! I really like math music, especially mathcore. Odd time signatures, polyrhythms, polymeter, you name it, I love incorporating it into the music I listen to. My favorite metal band is car bomb, they're absolutely on the frontiers of structured rhythm in music!

Yes, rhythm is so important! I really dig instrumental math rock and thrash metal. Had never heard of Car Bomb or the term "mathcore" before, but I just listened to Nonagon and, oh boy, is it a trip! Some odd time signature stuff I can't count all that well yet, so it makes me want to study up on Indian rhythmic cycles...Also, I wanted to say thank you for sharing Realize and Rebuild by Boundaries. I can see why you enjoy the lyrics. They are powerful!

...Sorry OP, I hope the conversation between virtue and I is not diverging too far from the J A Z Z. I will get back on topic now.
Marcellus
Casual Poster

Rance Baise Ouais !!

iMood: Marcellus

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2023 @32.05 »

I feel nerdy and weird when I tell people I like Jazz, but that's fine anyways
My father introduced me to Herbie Hancock's classic Head Hunters album, I even played Watermelon Man on the bass a few years back, like man am I really supposed to play that same riff for 15 minutes kek
Then I remember listening to the Dave Brubeck Quartet, mostly for Take Five  :eyes: but the whole album is just beautiful. Then as I played more and more bass I discovered Jaco Pastorius, Victor Wooten, Marcus Miller (went to see him at Jazz à Vienne last summer), but we're drifting towards funk there. Pastorius led me to Weather Report and wooooow these guys are good.
About five years ago my dad went to see Snarky Puppy, and he was blown away so we bought tickets to their show at the Nuits de Fourvière festival two years ago and that was the best live show of my life, I was sitting between my dad and the dude that's taught me about everything I know about guitar and bass for 9 years. First part was a band named the Buttshakers, absolute blast, made everyone dance in the antic theater but this time we're drifting towards soul kek

"Sometimes I create feelings in others that they themselves don't understand."
- Flash McQueen
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

I found an intresting X-Files Fansite

Started by easy_breezyBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 5
Views: 1372
Last post July 10, 2022 @438.16
by myry
Any other kpop fans here?

Started by PurpleHello98Board © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 4
Views: 1138
Last post November 04, 2023 @607.27
by Guest
It's Not Stupid, It's Advanced! (A brand-new, shiny Invader Zim fansite!)

Started by CooperationIsKeyBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 8
Views: 1268
Last post July 07, 2023 @823.41
by glow

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi