Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @306.82 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 31/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Katamari Damacy!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Katamari Damacy!  (Read 1312 times)
MHKN
Casual Poster

meow!

Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: January 06, 2024 @83.37 »

the series is going to turn 20 this year!!  :happy:

have you played any of the games? what's your favorite game and your favorite cousin?

for those who never played: it's a game where you roll a ball and cause destruction of the world and casualties by rolling everything into a katamari. from pens and pins to islands and even entire planets. the dung beetle simulator that started its life on PS2.

(if you want to try it out, get the steam remakes, they are real good. but use a controller, these tank controls are a pain in ass.)

i think i like the first katamari game a lot. its soundtrack is memorable and while the sequel was also great, i think i have some bias towards the og entry...  :ok:

i don't think i have a favorite cousin... they are all so cool!!

-= 3ds gamer =-
alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

i <3 tadashi

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2024 @291.64 »

I didn't know it turned 20 this year! I've always loved the aesthetic of the games, from what i've seen, so maybe this is the year i finally pick it up.  :eyes:  :eyes:

MHKN
Casual Poster

meow!

Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2024 @720.20 »

please do! it's such a fun game, although the time limits can be stressful sometimes

-= 3ds gamer =-
Nikodile
Jr. Member ⚓︎

loosey goosey

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024 @35.82 »

I'm a huge fan! Admittedly I only got into the series for real with Damacy Reroll. I 100%d We Love Katamari Reroll+, definitely one of the best games I've played, so many memorable levels  :chef:

minttea
Casual Poster ⚓︎

very tired...

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2024 @404.58 »

I've always loved the Katamari, and played a lot of the early ones mostly! Personally, I've always held we <3 katamari up as my favorite. There's something about the peaceful hub area, and the design that speaks to me. Some of damacy's areas are nostalgic too, but the second game is always going to reign supreme for me.

If you can't guess, I was *very* very happy when it got rereleased!
plasticseaslug
Casual Poster

plastic animals in cellophane waters. | he/it

iMood: plasticseaslug

View Profile

Blue Man In The Clothes Dryer Award (?)Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2024 @172.94 »

Dude, I just finished playing Katamari Damacy!!! I still listen to the OST while I'm studying. Absolute masterpiece of a collection.

Memory
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2024 @205.65 »

When I take the bus to school or when I'm in a sour mood, I listen to the Katamari Damacy OST. Instantly brightens my day, like the clouds shifting to reveal the sun
Dude, I just finished playing Katamari Damacy!!! I still listen to the OST while I'm studying. Absolute masterpiece of a collection.

When I'm writing for school or am otherwise stuck on something, I listen to the track You Are Smart on a loop for hours until I'm finished lol.
plasticseaslug
Casual Poster

plastic animals in cellophane waters. | he/it

iMood: plasticseaslug

View Profile

Blue Man In The Clothes Dryer Award (?)Joined 2024!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2024 @256.62 »

When I take the bus to school or when I'm in a sour mood, I listen to the Katamari Damacy OST. Instantly brightens my day, like the clouds shifting to reveal the sun
When I'm writing for school or am otherwise stuck on something, I listen to the track You Are Smart on a loop for hours until I'm finished lol.

You're so real for that!! Personally I like listening to Fugue #7777 while talking to my dad, LOL.

schiavona
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Let's get real weird with it!

StatusCafe: schiavona
iMood: schiavona

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2024 @571.56 »

Full Disclosure: I didn't play the original Katamari Damacy when it came out on PS2, but I did play the sequel, We Love Katamari. It's probably one of my all time favorite games so I was really excited when the remake came out (which I kind of still need to get, not sure if I'll get it on Steam or Switch though.) There's so much playfulness going on in those games, and I'm very fond of the little beat that plays instead of footsteps when you walk around the world map in We Love Katamari. Miso is my favortie cousin!

<>|==================> Oh look I found my cool sword!
Sorcer
Casual Poster ⚓︎

:)

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2024 @898.08 »

I'm a really big fan of Keita Takahashi, but in regards to Katamari specifically, I'm a bit of a purist to the first two games with his involvement. I don't think the newer games are without value (I sure love a lot of their music), but I wish the artistic integrity of We Love Katamari's "don't always expect a sequel, learn to live in the moment" ending remained intact.

As for what I've actually played of the series, I have the original as both a PS3 download and Reroll on Switch, but there was one stage I got stuck on in both versions. I also have Katamari Forever, but haven't played it that much because I don't like digging out my PS3 much these days. It seems really good, though. Also played the demo of Touch My Katamari, and the mobile clicker game Tap My Katamari.

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2024 @833.62 »

I was pretty obsessed with 'We ♥ Katamari' back in the day, that was my fave from the series and had an AWESOME OST!

bees
Jr. Member ⚓︎

iMood: lobb

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2024 @958.31 »

We <3 Katamari might be my favourite and the one I've played most. I really want to get the Steam releases eventually, maybe when I've got a little bit more cash!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi