Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @898.50 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 70/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Hello wonderful people of the internet

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello wonderful people of the internet  (Read 156 times)
velvetdrapes
Newbie ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: velvet_lounge

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« on: January 06, 2024 @176.17 »

I've always thought about posting on here, but never got the chance to and now I'm here

First and foremost I'm Velvet (You may also call me Luxe or Sunny. I go by 3 personas with different names and appearances, it's a long story)

20 years old and I use she/he/they pronouns

I haven't been on the indie web for very long, I always kept it in the backburner during 2021-2022 and only ever took it seriously in September 2023. I've always thought that I would rely on mainstream platforms like Twitter and Instagram to connect with others and show off what I could do, exposing myself to toxic behaviours that came from trying to be heard in a sea of people doing the same thing and not caring about anyone else. It makes me very sad and I was jaded for a long time because of it. It wasn't until I started making my own website and interacting with others doing the same thing did I start to fix my relationship with the internet did I start becoming a better person both online and offline.

It was so easy to feel like I didn't matter and to have to keep shouting in a platform where I didn't belong at all, nothing felt like, well me, I was confined to whatever internet tribe I was pushed onto. In a way, the Indie Web community saved my life. As dramatic as that sounds, it really did.

Sediments aside, I may or may not be too active on the forums. I'm not used to forums in general and may need some time until I start interacting with posts and other people. Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great day.

Heaven is the place where you feel complete
starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

is it any wonder that my mind's on fire?

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2024 @196.16 »

Welcome, even if you don't post much.

rock operatic science fantasy and more...
(...all opinions mine unless attributed, and free to a good home...)
OneMillionFurries
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2024 @216.72 »

Welcome welcome! I'm very glad that this community/movement could affect you so positively <3

Don't worry about not posting here frequently! I will often go weeks or months without posting, only coming back in little bursts of activity. There's no obligation to post if you don't feel like it <3

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi