Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @185.60 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Hi! It's nice to meet you. :)

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hi! It's nice to meet you. :)  (Read 708 times)
Finnialla
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Definitely not in the bushes outside, don't check

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: finnialla
iMood: Finnialla
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: January 06, 2024 @876.09 »

Hi! I'm here to introduce myself. It's lovely meeting all of you guys. My name is Finnialla, pronounced (Finn-all-uh), and I am super excited to be joining this forum. I guess I should tell a little about myself...

I am 23 years old. I am non binary bisexual and go by (they/them) pronouns. I currently reside in Denver. 

I am new to the whole website and old web revival movement, but it has been so much fun learning about it and meeting so many new people. I am an aspiring screenwriter, novelist, poet, and artist. While writing can make me want to throw my computer out the window most of the time, I can't see myself doing anything else.

When I was in college, I got told a lot that my work was too niche, too queer, and "not marketable for a wide audience." Basically, many critics thought it was trash. So, I doubled down and now focus on making "trash" art. In the new year, I hope to even make a place for artists who think their work can't be found anywhere else, other trash artists, a space of our own.

I'm also starting a terrible production company with my old roommate from college. We're still in the planning stages but it's gonna be the worst thing anyone's ever seen. We can't wait.

If you want to reach out or just browse, here's my portfolio 

Portfolio

"Live in the gutter and look up at the stars. Eat dirt, die forever." - someone probably

- Finnialla
(they/them) :dl:
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2024 @886.78 »

Hellooooooo its good to see you! Could i get a job at your prod. studio? JK but i would like to see the work yall do. I hope you enjoy melonland, this place is, uhh, quite far out from those other places like Twitter and whatever else; and yeah i made a cool guide you can check out here @ https://diffydude.neocities.org/collection/Writings/goodriddance. Also i hate when people say shit like "oh your art is too niche" cuz its judged entirely off of if you can make a profit off of it. Instant loss 2koma those guys

Finnialla
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2024 @998.25 »

Nice to meet you! It's definitely been a culture shock how different all of this is, but I really like it. It doesn't feel like everyone is trying to rip each other to shreds like most social medias. This gives the vibe of a sewing club, where everyone is just trying to help each other out and be friends. It's nice and calm.

Thanks for the guide. I will look into all of those sites. Half of the social media sites I have are just to stay in contact with my family and old college friends, but I am really thinking of even deleting those. The only ones I use consistently are Twitter, which for me right now is just for posting marches and articles for Palestine, and Tumblr, which is a fever dream not real social media anyway. Plus, I joined Tumblr in like 2013 and at this point, I'm going down with that ship when it eventually crashes into hell where it belongs.

Also, I checked out your website and it's looking awesome! I can't wait to see all the stuff you put on there. It's going to look so cool and fun. Love all the colors!

And, yeah. What's with everyone trying to just make art for profits sake? I mean, I like money and being able to pay for things and stuff, but that's not the point of art. I like to make art for art's sake.

I think the most poignant comment that stuck with me that showed how out of touch some of my professors were was, "There can't be that many gay characters in one show. It's not realistic that there is no straight people in that friend group." I was like, have you met queer people? We flock together like birds.

- Finnialla
Yonk_Raccoon
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2024 @130.29 »

Hey Finnialla. Hopefully I'm not late to say hi. I'm a furry soundtrack musician and storytellin' gamer making my first comic also here in Denver, for now, amongst the ripping vehicle noise and bizarre lonely vibes (at least in Capitol Hill!) I've unfortunately never related to people who share labels like furry or gamer, but I live for dope art, storytelling/the theatrical, and people.

I haven't gotten to be on this forum much because it tends to be closed the days I have the appetite for being online this way. I've been making my own website at yonkraccoon.github.io (neocities wasn't being updated anymore.)

I went full detective through your portfolio related links and think it's refreshing and fascinating how much you've gotten to put your current work out there, in published areas, at least online. I gotta do the same for my first big real projects.
BUTCHBONEZ
Full Member ⚓︎

certified analog horror junkie

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!Local GothJoined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2024 @574.62 »

Welcome to the forum !!

you are safe here, traveler

HY / XE / FANG
EdenInTheGardens
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Exams successfully passed !is in the gardens Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2024 @991.70 »

hi hi !! Welcome ! Hope you have fun here :]

Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2024 @397.45 »

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a person of wealth and taste, I've been around for a long long year. Stole many a user posts and gifs.

Welcome to the Melonland Forum !
  :cheerR:

When I was in college, I got told a lot that my work was too niche, too queer, and "not marketable for a wide audience." Basically, many critics thought it was trash.

Perhaps not completely trash but looking at the wording it sounds like they were trying to have a money appeal and this is my biggest grief with the current state of internet : believing that our free time should absolutely be marketable, efficient and make money. Eating ? Make a mukbang stream ! Going outside ? Make an instagram story with a sunset picture and motivational picture. Playing videogames ? Quick go on twitch.

I don't have a problem with people making money, I have a problem with people thinking 100% of the time should be monetized or an opportunity to make money. Yuck.

Other than that, I hope you'll have your own cool corner, I'm sure it'll be great !

[/size]
Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2024 @547.85 »

Welcome to the MelonLand! This place is great if you're looking to get away from how awful social media and modern internet has become. Enshittification has basically taken over the main web, this place is more like a safe haven. Honestly, this place has really helped my mental health and when I found MelonKing's site and started making my own site, I was rescued from a real dark place.

I hope this place brings you as much happiness and solace  :ozwomp: 

Finnialla
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2024 @710.25 »

I went full detective through your portfolio related links and think it's refreshing and fascinating how much you've gotten to put your current work out there, in published areas, at least online. I gotta do the same for my first big real projects.

You're totally good. It's nice to meet another artist from Denver. It's been hard to find community, both in the real world and on the internet, for forever. It always feels so exclusive. Putting your work out there is the hardest thing. It's just finding the right people to want to read it. Art existing for art's sake is great and all, and I advocate for it relentlessly, but I also like paying for food and stuff. It's a constant battle.

- Finnialla
Finnialla
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2024 @714.84 »

Welcome to the forum !!

Thanks! I love your aesthetic of your page.

- Finnialla
Finnialla
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2024 @715.42 »

hi hi !! Welcome ! Hope you have fun here :]

Thanks! I have been. Love your profile picture! It's amazing.

- Finnialla
Finnialla
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2024 @719.14 »

Perhaps not completely trash but looking at the wording it sounds like they were trying to have a money appeal and this is my biggest grief with the current state of internet : believing that our free time should absolutely be marketable, efficient and make money. Eating ? Make a mukbang stream ! Going outside ? Make an instagram story with a sunset picture and motivational picture. Playing videogames ? Quick go on twitch.

I don't have a problem with people making money, I have a problem with people thinking 100% of the time should be monetized or an opportunity to make money. Yuck.

Other than that, I hope you'll have your own cool corner, I'm sure it'll be great !

Exactly. I call my work trash because I got a feedback note once that called it trashy. I thought to myself that if they wanted to call it that, then I'm taking back the word and using it myself.

But, yes. I want to make money with my art. I went to school to do that, but to think that every single thing everyone does that's creative has to be for profit is just capitalist sludge. Most people make art for the sake of art, and the money is just a nice bonus so that we don't starve.

- Finnialla
Finnialla
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2024 @720.13 »

Welcome to the MelonLand! This place is great if you're looking to get away from how awful social media and modern internet has become. Enshittification has basically taken over the main web, this place is more like a safe haven. Honestly, this place has really helped my mental health and when I found MelonKing's site and started making my own site, I was rescued from a real dark place.

I hope this place brings you as much happiness and solace  :ozwomp: 

Thanks. It has. It's a safe space from the hellzone that is the real world.

- Finnialla
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi