Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @215.53 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  hey

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hey  (Read 668 times)
Nikodile
Jr. Member ⚓︎

loosey goosey

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: January 13, 2024 @766.91 »

Hi there. My name is Niko. I came across a video game a few years ago that really piqued my interest cause I really missed the "fun and wacky internet days", that game was called Hypnospace Outlaw. It is one of my favorite indie games and really encapsulated what I loved about late 90s/early 00s web. This led me to a rabbit hole of finding out about Neocities and the web revival movement and I am so happy to see such a thriving community.

Some of my favorite earlier internet memories are Runescape, early Artix Games (Dragonfable/Adventure Quest), MySpace, Limewire, getting sent shock sites when using a library computer, and so on.

Some lil bloops about myself:
  • This is my neocities page where I plan to use it for my game dev updates in the front and my own personal little corner in the back (if you can find it).
  • I also love gaming. I usually play RPGs and platformers, but am a fan of most genres. My favorite series is Yakuza/Like a Dragon, my favorite console is the N64 and my favorite game of all time is Pokemon GSC. I'm also a huge fan of the Tales, Kirby, Metroid, Mario and Wario series.
  • Huge fan of music too, I hate being the person that says they listen to everything but I like anything between Alt Metal to Reggae to Old Country to Experimental Electronic. some of my favorite artists are Daft Punk, System of a Down, Skrillex, JID and Viza.
  • One Piece is my favorite anime and I only got into it for real about 4 years ago. I did watch the 4Kids version a lot as a kid and even had a forum account back then where I RP'd as my own pirate, but that's a tale for another day
  • I'm also a bit of a hoarder collector. I have roughly 1200 physical video games (1173 based on my database), a vinyl collection, a good amount of figures, I collect MTG and One Piece TCGs with a sprinkle of Yugioh and Pokemon, modded video game consoles and a media server with all my digital belongings
  • And my day to day involves working in the IT field  :pc:  and playing with my dog :dog:

Anyways, thank you for accepting my request to join the forum and I'm excited to learn more about neocities and the overarching web revival movement! Thanks for reading  :chef:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024 @617.92 »

Hi Niko, Im sorry this didn't get replies after you put in all the effort! But Im glad to see you've been busy around the forum anyway!  :4u:

1200 is a staggering amount of games to have collected! What's the one physical game you'd keep if you had to pick?

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
xero333

StatusCafe: xero333
iMood: xero333
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024 @658.80 »

Welcome. 1200 physical games is crazy! Are these over various consoles / platforms? I really wish I kept buying physical instead of digital. Shame!

:pc: Bring back the old web! :pc:
BlazingCobaltX
Full Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2024 @681.49 »

Welcome to the forum. 1200 games is crazy, have you done a valoration for your collection? +1 for Pokémon GSC love.

Nikodile
Jr. Member ⚓︎

loosey goosey

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2024 @756.57 »

Hi Niko, Im sorry this didn't get replies after you put in all the effort! But Im glad to see you've been busy around the forum anyway!  :4u:

1200 is a staggering amount of games to have collected! What's the one physical game you'd keep if you had to pick?

No worries! Been enjoying my time on the forum in general, very cozy place on the web. Thank you for having me.

If I had to keep one, it would probably be Super Metroid on the SNES. It was my first game I ever got  :smile: fun fact though, never beat it until a few years ago just cause as a kid, it was a pretty scary game.

Welcome. 1200 physical games is crazy! Are these over various consoles / platforms? I really wish I kept buying physical instead of digital. Shame!

Yeah, I like to collect a bit of everything really. Some of my favorite consoles are N64, Gamecube, 3DS, PS2, Xbox 360 and the Neo Geo MVS (consolized). I also collect for some less popular systems too like the Neo Geo Pocket Color and the Nokia N-Gage.

This is a little album of my game room right now (it will probably all be moved in the attic soon, so I'm trying to enjoy my setup now as is, I also have a CRT setup in the closet)

Welcome to the forum. 1200 games is crazy, have you done a valoration for your collection? +1 for Pokémon GSC love.

Thank you and I have not! However, I have been thinking of doing so just cause it has gotten to the point where I'm about "done" collecting as I have mostly everything I could ever play through in a single lifetime. I've been focusing more on playing rather than collecting the last couple years, it is a lot to get through.

Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2024 @457.21 »

Wow ! So many games ! It's with people like you that some media are not lost ! I hope you'll be able to have the storage system of your dreams one day !
Nikodile
Jr. Member ⚓︎

loosey goosey

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2024 @949.27 »

Wow ! So many games ! It's with people like you that some media are not lost ! I hope you'll be able to have the storage system of your dreams one day !

I'm already backing up things digitally! Hopefully it'll come in handy one day if things are going to continue the way it's been going with media preservation. Really wish companies took it seriously...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi