Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @148.90 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Hello, MelonLanders!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Hello, MelonLanders!  (Read 744 times)
QuesadillaWizard
Newbie ⚓︎

Never buy a toothbrush at a yardsale.

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: January 19, 2024 @228.30 »

Hello there! My name is Wolfy and I've been making websites since the late 90s. I've lost them all, sadly, but as of 2018 I've made a new home for myself on Neocities! I really love it. I've been growing my site and filling it with all the things I'm interested in. I just finished a layout revamp so I'm still adding old pages.

My current project is a Character Select area where I'm going to have my OCs and for each one, I'll code a little individual page so I get my practice in!

My page is here: https://quesadillawizard.neocities.org/

There's not a ton there yet, but it will grow with time. I'd love to eventually have a blog and a gallery.

I love old virtual worlds. I very recently got back into furcadia! Been playing neopets too.

Sometimes I make youtube videos about whatever I'm interested in. I might go years or months in between posting. I just kinda do whatever.

Anyways, it's nice to meet you! I hope we can be friends!

xero333

StatusCafe: xero333
iMood: xero333
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024 @623.68 »

Hobbies: Shitposting

How do you do, fellow shitposter? Welcome!

:pc: Bring back the old web! :pc:
QuesadillaWizard
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024 @719.77 »

Hehe, I'm just tryin' to stay warm in my part of the world! We've been snowed in this week.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2024 @721.44 »

How do you do, fellow shitposter? Welcome!

Without being too much of a kill-joy I do think this maybe needs some self-reflection. The Web Revival and MelonLand are about undoing this idea of the web. It's about creating a culture where things are meaningful and valued. Where posts and webpages are loved, not dismissed as junk content. I know it's intended as humour, but within humour, there is damage too, so its worth looking at it critically.

Hi Wolfy, welcome to the forum, sorry to hijack your welcome post!  :cheerR:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
QuesadillaWizard
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2024 @744.40 »

Hello! Sorry about that, I don't mean to break rules right out of the gate. I enjoy making silly things for my friends, but what I'm putting out on my Neocities is all genuine, I promise.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2024 @753.77 »

I don't mean to break rules right out of the gate
Ahh, hmmm - how do I explain... it's not a rule; it's not something that is imposed or regulated. It's a (hopefully) shared feeling that was part of what inspired the creation of this forum and other online spaces like it. I'm not telling you how to behave, I'm trying to invite you (and actually xero333) into the dialogue that all of this is about. You can disagree, or agree, or have no opinion at all! But the point is that it's there, and you're here, and you're welcome to join in :4u: (If that makes sense!)

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
m1k3

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2024 @758.18 »

I agree, like most things, shitposting has gone too far. It's fun to see the occasional meme or joke but not at the expense of turning the web into a trash heap. From a web revival standpoint, it's great to see actual creativity and not cheap shitposts for the LOLs.
m1k3

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2024 @762.43 »

@QuesadillaWizard, I like your site, by the way. Looks nice!
QuesadillaWizard
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2024 @780.90 »

@QuesadillaWizard, I like your site, by the way. Looks nice!

Thank you!! I want to make some new art soon so that I can replace the header with something that shows off my characters more.

Ahh, hmmm - how do I explain... it's not a rule; it's not something that is imposed or regulated. It's a (hopefully) shared feeling that was part of what inspired the creation of this forum and other online spaces like it. I'm not telling you how to behave, I'm trying to invite you (and actually xero333) into the dialogue that all of this is about. You can disagree, or agree, or have no opinion at all! But the point is that it's there, and you're here, and you're welcome to join in :4u: (If that makes sense!)

Thank you for the warm invitation! I'm so inspired and moved to create when I see people be 100% passionate and self indulgent about creating something and sharing parts of themselves. I recently read a list of page ideas for websites on 32bit cafe and want to do so many of them!

urgellx
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Lost on the web

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2024 @788.94 »

Welcome ! Please let me use the sidebar without Javascript, it probably doesn't need javascript for a sidebar.
Think of the 15 people that are scared of Javascript and that are not criminals !

Héhé, écoute, derrière y'avait pas mal de vent.
QuesadillaWizard
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2024 @800.12 »

Welcome ! Please let me use the sidebar without Javascript, it probably doesn't need javascript for a sidebar.
Think of the 15 people that are scared of Javascript and that are not criminals !

Hi! Is there another way to make sure that the navigation is the same across all pages and allow me to add/remove links without having to update all the pages? I didn't know javascript was a problem for folks. I'm still doing a lot of learning.

urgellx
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Lost on the web

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2024 @817.20 »

Hi! Is there another way to make sure that the navigation is the same across all pages and allow me to add/remove links without having to update all the pages? I didn't know javascript was a problem for folks. I'm still doing a lot of learning.

I know that this is possible with SSGs (shortcodes) but with handmade sites... after a quick search, maybe Server Side Includes can be your
solution or another type of server-side scripting that allows you adding snippets of code into multiple webpages. I haven't had a use for it
myself so i can't say for sure, sorry !

Javascript isn't a problem per say, but it can be capable of de-anonymizing people, there was a few exploits and other things that have made some
people scared of it. Some extreme free software advocates also preach a libre Javascript that would be only free software.

(EDIT: corrected obvious syntax errors)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024 @818.76 by urgellx » Logged

Héhé, écoute, derrière y'avait pas mal de vent.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2024 @937.13 »

Hi! Is there another way to make sure that the navigation is the same across all pages and allow me to add/remove links without having to update all the pages?
The only alternative options for a neocities site are framesets and iframes (looking at your site design, you would want iframes!) - people have strong opinions about those too and you'll never make everyone happy :tongue:

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2024 @19.20 »

Without being too much of a kill-joy I do think this maybe needs some self-reflection. The Web Revival and MelonLand are about undoing this idea of the web. It's about creating a culture where things are meaningful and valued. Where posts and webpages are loved, not dismissed as junk content. I know it's intended as humour, but within humour, there is damage too, so its worth looking at it critically.

Hi Wolfy, welcome to the forum, sorry to hijack your welcome post!  :cheerR:

Junk content has existed for quite a while in many different forms, even if it wasnt called shitposting. quoting a very old YT comment from 2014, "people are so logical and up tight that they don't have time to realise the wonders of the world-" except instead of world wonders, its about the words that people use, and the words dont always reflect the idea. a shitpost isnt not seeing meaning in your own post, its just a quick and dumb little post for funsies. I dont feel like we should always be doing stuff with intent or with the future in mind because i feel like, back in the old web days, people just did stuff without thinking too hard, but now theres always the "what if"
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024 @22.80 by DiffydaDude » Logged

QuesadillaWizard
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2024 @187.12 »

Oh, I've heard of iframes. I remember they were even a bit controversial way back when. I would see websites with an iframes version and a non iframes version on their splash page.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi