Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @943.63 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 61/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ✑ ∙ Writers Corner
| | |-+  Dungeon Meshi!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dungeon Meshi!  (Read 376 times)
Scootarooni

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: scootarooni
iMood: scootarooni

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: January 19, 2024 @965.23 »

So I'm not the biggest reader (your typical 'read a lot as a kid, fell out of it after graduating college and never got back into the groove' type) But! But But But! I watched the first episode of Dungeon Meshi and wow!!! It's really good you guys. Like so good it finally gave me that push I needed to set aside time to read the manga.

And I'm happy to report that the manga does not disappoint at all and the more I read the more excited I am to see these scenes adapted in the anime. I'm not suuuper far into the manga, I'm currently on chapter 35 and inching my way through it like a little snail, but I'm loooving it.

The art style and characters are so charming, but I'm also particularly a fan of the world building. I think I've come to expect certain things out of these kinds of fantasy settings, so sometimes it can get really stale even if there's, say, a well-thought out magic system. But world building through food is not something I've ever seen! It works so well here! Hell, they made typical low-dungeon level slimes interesting!

If you've read the manga or are watching the anime, do you think you'd eat any of the food the gang makes?

(Like I said, I'm only on chapter 35 and I don't want to be spoiled. Sorry if that makes it difficult to talk more about it ; - ; )

Dibs
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Save the cheerleader, save the world!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2024 @484.58 »

I've been in the room while the anime is on the TV, so my flatmate is perhaps better equipped to answer, but it's definitely a show that's on my list! The character designs are great and they all have distinct, easy to read personalities while also being interesting and dynamic. I'd maybe eat some of the food. I know my flatmate wouldn't!

Clear Skies!
siph
Casual Poster ⚓︎

they/them

View Profile WWW

RecorderJoined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2024 @760.66 »

I just finished reading it and it's so good! The place where it shines the most is definitely its characters. When I tell you every main character's personalities and motives overlap in interesting ways I mean EVERY one of them. The art is also amazing and I love the bonus chapters where it's just the characters in modern settings and random drawings.
I will need to think about the themes of DunMeshi more though. It's essentially got very simple themes but they're explored in a variety of different ways.

♡ Peace and love on the world wide web ♡
Scootarooni

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2024 @653.41 »

yeah yeah!! The characters are so well written, I dont think there is a single one introduced so far that I havent been invested or really intrigued by. Even background characters don't feel like they're there just to fill space.

The tone shifts are interesting too :^o it can go from super silly to dead serious and back again and it's not written in a jarring way. And I think I contribute a lot of that to how well written the characters are. Like (without spoiling anything) learning about Senshi's backstory, Laios' reaction didn't ruin the tone or anything.

Fish
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of the most ok cuppa joe

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2024 @885.65 »

I have yet to read/watch dungeon meshi but Im already in love with so many of the character designs!

idk who this guy is but I trust him with my life!  :ozwomp:

Also love how this catgirl just looks like a lil creature

SilentHope33

The current Hokage

iMood: optimistic

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2024 @292.82 »

So I haven't had a chance to watch this anime cause I didn't think It look to interesting to me, but since people are talking about it a lot I might give it a try since the art looks really cute!!

"If Miracles Only Happen Once What Are They Called The Second Time?" - Ichigo Kurosaki
Scootarooni

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2024 @100.07 »

So I haven't had a chance to watch this anime cause I didn't think It look to interesting to me, but since people are talking about it a lot I might give it a try since the art looks really cute!!

:ha: Oh that's wonderful to hear!! I really hope you end up liking it! Feel free to let us know what you think of it if you'd like!

Saad(Pillaar)

بِسْمِ ٱللَّٰهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2024 @996.41 »

Unearthing this thread after a one month slumber because i love this manga; How's everyone's reading experience going? Better yet, anyone here who has finished it? And any anime onlys who are around, y'all are getting one of the best adaptations i've seen in a while, Frieren level of quality in this shit.

One remark I will throw into this thread is
"Chapter 37 Spoilers"
Chimera Falin my beloved
[close]

Archival and Creation, the two most defiant acts of our digital age.
serenefork
Jr. Member ⚓︎

a Beanie Buddy!

StatusCafe: serenefork
iMood: serenefork

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2024 @127.15 »

I really enjoyed reading Dungeon Meshi, it felt really refreshing to read something that promotes eating deliciously. I haven't actually seen the anime yet, though from the screenshots I've seen on the web it seems like Senshi is getting a lot of attention from the animator that has been appreciated by the fans. (I mean you have to treat your chef nicely right?) :chef:
All of the characters feel genuine and the story feels engaging all the way through. I really love all of the characters, Chilchuck would be who I'd name as my favourite but I could probably talk way more about Laios and Falin. :dive:
I haven't read the adventure's guide yet, but I'm excited to read about the extended universe soon. It's really sweet to see all of the wonderful fantasy designs.

(he/they)

Scootarooni

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2024 @99.22 »

Unearthing this thread after a one month slumber because i love this manga; How's everyone's reading experience going? Better yet, anyone here who has finished it?

It's been a hot minute since I've checked this but yeah!!! I finished it awhile ago and hooo did I love it. Such a satisfying ending!

Spoiler
Though, I wish we had gotten some kind of closure for Sissel. He's such an interesting characters! Even though he was basically comatose, it still felt a bit odd that he didnt at least get one final moment with Yaad or something :sad: ...
[close]

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (1)

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Fans!

Started by OneMillionFurriesBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 7
Views: 330
Last post November 16, 2023 @5.54
by Bede

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi