Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @183.09 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  hello!!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hello!!  (Read 432 times)
bundleofstyx
Newbie ⚓︎

iMood: bundleofstyx

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: January 31, 2024 @963.47 »

hiya, i'm alastor martyna and i'm thrilled to be here! i am a polish artist based in the uk and, while i've had a casual interest in oldweb revival and coding for many years, i only got properly into it last summer when i made my neocities site.

my site has a blog, where i post weekly, as well as an archive of my art - as well as copious amounts of fun gifs and buttons. i'm working on some more pages, though. it's very much a place for me to mess around and have some fun with html. :grin:

as for my interests, not counting coding, i love taxidermy, hiking, video games, sci-fi, films, and music. i'll listen to most anything, but i'm a big fan of 80s punk, grunge, as well as folk rock. i've got quite a collection of bones and specimen, as everyone should in my opinion. also, i am currently studying english literature, philosophy, and politics.

welp, that's all i can think to say. thanks for reading!

ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024 @30.46 »

What a nice website! What a pretty parrot!

What folk rock and punk bands do you enjoy?

J. Soda
Casual Poster

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024 @943.13 »

Love your website, I agree that adding all the boxes as they are needed gives it an awesome patch look!! Any piece(s) of English Literature that is/are your favourite(s)? Keep being awesome :))  :4u:

⋆。°✩ :loved: Love is underrated, actually :loved: ⋆。°✩
bundleofstyx
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2024 @974.18 »

Love your website, I agree that adding all the boxes as they are needed gives it an awesome patch look!! Any piece(s) of English Literature that is/are your favourite(s)? Keep being awesome :))  :4u:

thank you so much! my favourite english classic is probably bram stoker's dracula. i love the writing style and structure it just sucks you in and you can't stop reading.

bundleofstyx
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2024 @986.02 »

What a nice website! What a pretty parrot!

What folk rock and punk bands do you enjoy?

thank you  :grin:
i'm mainly into 60s british folk rock, and my favourite bands are traffic and the incredible string band. a more modern band i like would be the amazing devil, if they count as folk rock haha. as for punk, i really like riot grrrl so i am obigated to love bikini kill (i'm actually going to see them live in in june, which i'm very excited for). but i also *adore* heavens to betsy and L7. outside the 80s, i love seb lowe and done to death (who i recommend so strongly it hurts. done to death are *really* good)

ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2024 @998.54 »

I fucking love the Incredible String Band :D. The Hangmans Beautiful Daughter is one of the best albums period, and "Ducks on the Pond" one of my very favorite tracks.
A few years ago Tom Rapp and Pearls before Swine appeared as major challengers, and after not seeing much at them when hearing them the first time, I listen to them more often than to the ISB.

Are you familiar with the work of Shirley Collins and "The Watersons" (especially the "Bright Phoebus"-Album is extraordinary good!)? Both are not really rock, but you might like it!

I know mainly german language punk :). 'll listen to Done to Death!

bundleofstyx
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2024 @573.46 »

Are you familiar with the work of Shirley Collins and "The Watersons" (especially the "Bright Phoebus"-Album is extraordinary good!)? Both are not really rock, but you might like it!

i'm not! i'll have to check them out :happy:

ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2024 @673.81 »

For Collins, I recommend to start with:

Shirley Collins - The Power of the True Love Knot

She is considered as a key figure in the english folk revival, and many of her albums are great!
There is also a great collection done by apocalyptic folk core figure David Tibet (another recommendation!), called "Fountain of Snow"

For Bright Phoebus, I recommend to skip the opener and go directly to "The Scarecrow":

Have fun :D

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi