Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @320.08 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 31/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Fear and Hunger

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fear and Hunger  (Read 880 times)
plasticseaslug
Casual Poster

plastic animals in cellophane waters. | he/it

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: plasticseaslug

View Profile

Blue Man In The Clothes Dryer Award (?)Joined 2024!
« on: February 02, 2024 @177.03 »

Has anyone played the game Fear and Hunger, or its sequel Termina? I'm totally obsessed with it, both in terms of its visuals and the overall stories. It does feature some really heavy topics in its storytelling, so I would recommend looking into a TW list before looking too far into it.  :dog:

Nikodile
Jr. Member ⚓︎

loosey goosey

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024 @887.22 »

I beat the 1st game a few weeks ago! I love it a lot. Such an oddball game that really is built on a lot of "unfair"-ness but I keep crawling back for more. Nothing more fun than dying cause you lost a coin flip, exit the game frustrated then come back 15 minutes later like nothing ever happened.

plasticseaslug
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024 @211.34 »

I beat the 1st game a few weeks ago! I love it a lot. Such an oddball game that really is built on a lot of "unfair"-ness but I keep crawling back for more. Nothing more fun than dying cause you lost a coin flip, exit the game frustrated then come back 15 minutes later like nothing ever happened.

It's a really interesting game! I'm honestly a fan of games that are deliberately difficult, like Noita or Celeste mods! You're right, it's totally addicting.

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024 @611.77 »

I played the first game a few months ago without having any prior knowledge about it other than it was popular....and I think that was a huge mistake, because the severe difficulty left me confused and dumbfounded.

I gave up on it after a few hours and I don't know if I'll ever pick it up again, but I'm still willing to acknowledge that it's a great game and I love what its difficulty stands for. Its unforgiving gameplay really emphasizes the brutality of its world and makes it stand out a LOT among other RPG games. That, and I love the overall atmosphere and art design of it all.

To sum it all up, it's a game I love everything about.....but lowkey don't want to play ever again (or at least, too often).

plasticseaslug
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2024 @876.82 »

I played the first game a few months ago without having any prior knowledge about it other than it was popular....and I think that was a huge mistake, because the severe difficulty left me confused and dumbfounded.

I gave up on it after a few hours and I don't know if I'll ever pick it up again, but I'm still willing to acknowledge that it's a great game and I love what its difficulty stands for. Its unforgiving gameplay really emphasizes the brutality of its world and makes it stand out a LOT among other RPG games. That, and I love the overall atmosphere and art design of it all.

To sum it all up, it's a game I love everything about.....but lowkey don't want to play ever again (or at least, too often).

i can respect that conclusion!! most of the time actively suffering while playing a game isn't exactly desirable, LOL.

wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

iMood: wodaro
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2024 @123.81 »

I first played Fear and Hunger last year and watched a playthrough of the early demos (I'm terrible with playing anything scary on my own >.<) Despite not thinking much of it at first I found myself reflecting on it often... and found aspects of the visuals sneaking into my art... it really does sink its teeth into you and refuses to let go. I eventually played it myself, with my girlfriend who's much thicker skinned when it comes to scary games. I really admire so much of that game, from the visuals to the tone it sets and the strange world it creates.

I haven't played Termina myself, but I've watched part of a playthrough and am familiar with the endings. I tend toward the more dark fantasy aesthetics of F&H but Termina also has a really unique vibe and setting. The characters are also much more fleshed out! I like how many little interactions they can have, and how much more lively everything feels compared to the first game (though the setting is just as dark and dangerous, of course.)

Definitely one of the more personally influential pieces of media I engaged with last year!! I find myself thinking about the world, gods, and magic often.

plasticseaslug
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2024 @110.25 »

I first played Fear and Hunger last year and watched a playthrough of the early demos (I'm terrible with playing anything scary on my own >.<) Despite not thinking much of it at first I found myself reflecting on it often... and found aspects of the visuals sneaking into my art... it really does sink its teeth into you and refuses to let go. I eventually played it myself, with my girlfriend who's much thicker skinned when it comes to scary games. I really admire so much of that game, from the visuals to the tone it sets and the strange world it creates.

I haven't played Termina myself, but I've watched part of a playthrough and am familiar with the endings. I tend toward the more dark fantasy aesthetics of F&H but Termina also has a really unique vibe and setting. The characters are also much more fleshed out! I like how many little interactions they can have, and how much more lively everything feels compared to the first game (though the setting is just as dark and dangerous, of course.)

Definitely one of the more personally influential pieces of media I engaged with last year!! I find myself thinking about the world, gods, and magic often.

i like the phrasing "sink its teeth in"!! it's such a thought provoking series.
i also agree in terms of aesthetics. while i do reference termina more often in conversation, i make more fanart for the first game. samarie and marina's presence as queer characters is so soothing to me, though...

wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

iMood: wodaro
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2024 @624.51 »

samarie and marina's presence as queer characters is so soothing to me, though...

Yes!! I haven't seen everything from the game for them but I love all the fanart I've seen of Samarie and Marina, I'm a sucker for weird edgy lesbians lol. Samarie also has probably my favourite moonscorched design in the whole game. As someone who's a big fan of strange fictional gods and religions those two characters are fascinating to me thematically, though that goes for all the god lore in the F&H universe.

plasticseaslug
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2024 @153.48 »

Yes!! I haven't seen everything from the game for them but I love all the fanart I've seen of Samarie and Marina, I'm a sucker for weird edgy lesbians lol. Samarie also has probably my favourite moonscorched design in the whole game. As someone who's a big fan of strange fictional gods and religions those two characters are fascinating to me thematically, though that goes for all the god lore in the F&H universe.

exactly!! they're so fun thematically, and perfect compliments for the other.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (2)

A cool avatar site (andypants.net)

Started by SilkSkullBoard ♺ ∙ Web Crafting Materials

Replies: 17
Views: 2303
Last post April 01, 2023 @105.91
by SilkSkull
Hosting a website on an Android phone

Started by shevekBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 4
Views: 877
Last post August 03, 2023 @703.92
by shevek

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi