Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @149.77 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | | |-+  Got some new stuff from the thrift store

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Got some new stuff from the thrift store  (Read 905 times)
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: February 02, 2024 @952.88 »

I went to the thrift store today, wasnt expecting to see anything interesting; just christian records and tapes and cds as always (they're way too many of them x-x)
but i came home with some cool stuff! ill attach the pictures later
the first thing i found were some DVD-RW discs, and surprisingly, a DVD-RAM disc, which isn't that common!
the 2nd thing i got was a 8-Track to cassette adapter, called a Sparkomatic Stereo Cassette Adapter SCA10, which will be super handy cuz not only can i use it to record tape 2 tape, but i can use it to record CD 2 tape with another adapter I have! it'll be super cool for making my own mixtapes!
Some stuff i saw but didnt get included:
a 90s dance music album called "Tourism"
Cliff SAT I studyware for Windows 3.0 and IBM
3 different Magnavox stereo consoles from the 60s-70s as well as a somewhat newer cheap stereo+cd+tape+radio player
A combined tripod+easel
And some weird blank CD in hebrew called "GPT" (ntbc w/ ChatGPT) that had Kenny Loggins written on it.
So yeah, cool stuff for sure! I enjoy going to my thrift store because for how local it is, i've found crazy things from it, like a Touhou CD, an autographed record, and some other neat stuff like "Hot Butter - Popcorn" of ROBLOX fame.

* 20240206_150926 (Small).jpg (54.25 kB, 640x480 - viewed 25 times.)

* 20240206_150944 (Small).jpg (56.28 kB, 640x480 - viewed 19 times.)

* 20240206_151030 (Small).jpg (50.22 kB, 640x480 - viewed 18 times.)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024 @885.09 by DiffydaDude » Logged

virtualtelegrams
Casual Poster

it/they

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2024 @112.86 »

Finding cool things is always a hunt at secondhand stores. You've found some cool stuff!

-virtualtelegrams
Salty
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Internet Renaissance Woman

StatusCafe: saltedslug
iMood: saltedslug

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2024 @707.43 »

Sounds like a good thrift day to me! My wife and I's whole house and wardrobe are almost completely harvested from the thrift or flea markets around us. It's a way more affordable way to live and also our house is cooler than everyone else's in town  :tongue:  :eyes:

AbacasOnline
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2024 @264.44 »

Some days I don't get anything good from my local Goodwill, but in all my time going to it I've gotten tons of movies from my early childhood I still enjoy, a Sony Dream Machine CD player, an Acer moniter I like, a decent projector, a blu-ray player, and oddly a bunch of blank sealed optical media and cases. I also got a sealed minorly crushed blank VHS tape, but I can't use that because I have a DVD VHS combo player that doesn't record.

All in all, going to thrift stores has been a good investment I'd say, as I used the projector to present my project at school and I plan on doing it again. I also use the monitor to make my netbook more functional as a desktop, as that's the only old machine I have besides my modern laptop which has a perfectly good monitor, but I don't like it because ew high DPI.
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2024 @965.47 »

Found some new stuff today! It was awesome :0
I found a demo cd from HearItFirst.com from 2001 and omg its the most 2000s thing ever. I love the design of it, how it has actual HTML code on the front cover, all the bars and bubbly icons, its pretty damn 2000s. If yall wanna see more of it i can send some more pics!
I also found a compilation of live on-air recordings of metal and rock bands from Restaurant Records from 1999.
Then i found a copy of Need for Speed II, which was pretty cool! Im gonna try playing it later cuz I think it'll be fun
I found a cool pair of sony headphones that are pretty cushiony
The last thing is a vinyl record of Restless by Starpoint :)

* 20240610_172338 (Medium).jpg (114.48 kB, 1024x768 - viewed 13 times.)

PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2024 @715.74 »

Garage sales and especially estate sales are much the same way! You don't always find something, but when you do it's a gold mine! From estate sales, garage sales, rummage sales (and local auctions) I've gotten multiple iPods, an iMac G3, an iMac G4, and my Windows 7 computer that I'm writing this on! And the other day I went to one and found a Windows 95 laptop complete with a charger and an early 90s (presumably DOS, Windows 3...?) PC, though I didn't buy either because unless I find an old iBook or something really cool, I've long since hit my computer quota!!

(Plus, like Salty, I source most of my wardrobe---especially tops, which differ most, since in my eyes jeans, shorts and socks and jeans, shorts and socks---from thrift stores and vintage stores! And the occasional estate sale as well. I love estate sales!)

"...And we are not angels, to be comforted by seeing the means for which everything is sent."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, Wives and Daughters

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2024 @807.58 »

Something I loved doing pre-covid, but have not indulged in since the lockdown stuff... was going to flea markets, thrift stores, goodwill, garage sales, yard sales etc... I lived for that stuff every weekend in the summers and I'd always come home with a ton of TREASURES AND DOPAMINE. I still get excited at the thought of going to a flea market but I just don't do anything like that anymore.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 14
Views: 5494
Last post April 28, 2024 @87.23
by Skykristal
poetry thread: stuff you write, stuff you like

Started by DarmodejBoard ✑ ∙ Writing & Stationery

Replies: 12
Views: 2381
Last post July 26, 2024 @639.64
by spiralstaircase
newgrounds' art games section

Started by DarmodejBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 0
Views: 1419
Last post February 03, 2022 @906.33
by Darmodej

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi