Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @307.81 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 31/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art Crafting
| | |-+  ✑ ∙ Writing & Stationery
| | | |-+  Manga thread

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Manga thread  (Read 1150 times)
SilentHope33

The current Hokage

iMood: optimistic

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« on: February 21, 2024 @4.33 »

This thread is for posting about manga, opinions, news, etc about the subject of manga!! If you have anything to talk about on the subject of manga it can go here.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024 @73.53 by SilentHope33 » Logged

"If Miracles Only Happen Once What Are They Called The Second Time?" - Ichigo Kurosaki
alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

i <3 tadashi

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024 @899.19 »

Whoa, this might be the freshest thread I've ever posted on!!

Currently reading Trinity Blood. I'm about halfway through. Is it good? Not really. Am I so incredibly attached to it anyways? Absolutely.

Quick summary: the Vatican is at war with vampires. (yes really) In the midst of this war, there's a secret shady organization pulling the strings with their own agenda. Past lore has been pretty vague up until the point I've read, but I definitely read it more for the action and my favorite characters than for the plot.

My favorite character is Tres Iqus (who looks great in the manga but TERRIBLE in the anime from what i've seen) who is a robot (plus one point in my book) who wields unrealistic amounts of heavy artillery (plus two points in my book -- i just love violent robots what can I say).

would I recommend the series? not really unless you're particularly invested.

My next read will be BLAME! which i heard good things about.

SilentHope33

The current Hokage

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2024 @98.24 »

Manga news hot off the presses!!

WcDonald’s, the anime version of McDonald’s, is about to become reality.

The fast-food chain announced this week that the WcDonald’s campaign will take place at restaurants in the U.S. and in more than 30 markets around the world on Feb. 26. A new sauce, manga-inspired packaging, episodic shorts and more is expected.

“For years, anime fans have been making McDonald’s-inspired “WcDonald’s” restaurants a part of anime’s most memorable movies and shows. Now, in collaboration with some of the biggest names in anime, WcDonald’s will make the move from fiction to real life,” McDonald’s said in a news release.

The article is posted here if you want the full article.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024 @105.12 by SilentHope33 » Logged

"If Miracles Only Happen Once What Are They Called The Second Time?" - Ichigo Kurosaki
Fish
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of the most ok cuppa joe

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2024 @281.48 »

Lmaoooo

I work at McDonalds, and let me tell you its been very funny seeing all the manga products be slowly rolled out. We accidentally started selling the WcDonald cups a bit early so I think we kinda spoiled it...oops.  :ok:

Is it bad I got a cup and a bag just to remember this very weird moment in McDonalds history?  :happy:

Fish
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2024 @763.36 »

Btw, heres what one of the new bags looks like

(sorry about the lighting  :ok:)

Page 1

Page 2

Side 1

Side 2

SilentHope33

The current Hokage

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2024 @323.54 »

Btw, heres what one of the new bags looks like

(sorry about the lighting  :ok:)

Page 1

Page 2

Side 1

Side 2

Personally, I love the idea of Japanese comics [Manga] as the gimmick to get people to buy more McDonalds. I LOVE how McDonalds, is working with comic artists from Japan and even an animation studio like studio studio pierrot for this project. Having episodes and chapters for this WcDonalds promotion, come out weekly is something I never expected the company to do in this era of binge culture, AI and algorithms. The ONLY complaint I have is with the sauce. It has an artificial soy sauce taste and the heat is pretty mild for a sauce. I'm not asking for something to bite me back, but the sauce is SUPPOSED to be savory, sweet, and heat. So I rate the sauce a 2/10 and the Comics a 10/10. The promotion over all is good but the sauce is a hit and miss.

For the record I kept the bag as a way to preserve this historical event of Japanese comics and animation coming together with a big fast food brand.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024 @327.06 by SilentHope33 » Logged

Fish
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2024 @202.81 »

Just tried the sauce today and it was alright. Nothing that made me go "Wow!" but I liked it on my McCripsy.

Anyways I'm predicting this all ends with the return of Ronald Mcdonald as some anime guy, kfc dating sim style lmao

SilentHope33

The current Hokage

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2024 @282.37 »

Anyways I'm predicting this all ends with the return of Ronald Mcdonald as some anime guy

Totally, going with this prediction! Yeah I agree about the sauce thought it's totally mid.

SilentHope33

The current Hokage

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2024 @58.59 »

current manga I am reading right now is JJK, its an amazing book and I love how the series unfolds.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2024 @288.28 by SilentHope33 » Logged

Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2024 @875.24 »

Only manga I'm reading is... Goblin Slayer. DOn't know why but I find it pretty addictive, there's something in the main character that I really like but can't really point my finger on it. I also like the fact he's NOT into women at all, a nice break from all the hidden harem stuff I've seen so far.
Inlusione
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2024 @754.72 »

The last manga I've read was Kine-san no Hitori de Kinema - I liked the idea of a manga made around real movies AND fandoms and the way the protagonist is interacting with it and how passionate(or crazy) she is about the subject. Right from the start they talk about Star Wars saga, Terminator, Back to the Future, Die Hard and many other iconic movies, organizing movies nights, sharing opinions while also blogging in secret. It's a light read, there are even some ecchi panels, but overall the manga is not overly taunting with it and you can skip those parts if you don't like them. It'll be definitely better if you care about movies or if you want at least to get into them, but it's worth a try as it's better than its MAL rating for sure.

I would appreciate if you have any recs about a manga similar to this; it doesn't have to be about movies, having a topic and getting into it bit by bit it's what I'm searching for.
SilentHope33

The current Hokage

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2024 @4.78 »

The last manga I've read was Kine-san no Hitori de Kinema - I liked the idea of a manga made around real movies AND fandoms and the way the protagonist is interacting with it and how passionate(or crazy) she is about the subject. Right from the start they talk about Star Wars saga, Terminator, Back to the Future, Die Hard and many other iconic movies, organizing movies nights, sharing opinions while also blogging in secret. It's a light read, there are even some ecchi panels, but overall the manga is not overly taunting with it and you can skip those parts if you don't like them. It'll be definitely better if you care about movies or if you want at least to get into them, but it's worth a try as it's better than its MAL rating for sure.

I would appreciate if you have any recs about a manga similar to this; it doesn't have to be about movies, having a topic and getting into it bit by bit it's what I'm searching for.

I looked into that manga and I can see the concept is pretty interesting, the art IMO is not my thing then again I love the art of Soul Eater. Which I can say I am pretty picky when it comes to art and story...

Junebug
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Vanitas Vanitatum Omnia Vanitas

View Profile WWW

Vanitas no Carte fanJoined 2024!
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2024 @148.08 »

If you've seen my fansite, you will have no doubts about what I'm about to post. Sooooooooo, has anybody read the manga The Case Study of Vanitas/Vanitas no Carte?

My preferred programming language is AutoHotKey.

"What you thought was a given was in reality a product of miracles."

BUTCHBONEZ
Full Member ⚓︎

certified analog horror junkie

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!Local GothJoined 2024!
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2024 @806.98 »

Personally I love manga and anime. Though theres a large part of the community I have great disdain for (weebs and waifulist users). A few of my favorites mangas include , the Komi Can't Communicate Series , Hero x Hero, and the saiki k. series. Anyways thats just my less than a paragraph of thoughts on mangas :]

you are safe here, traveler

HY / XE / FANG
Dibs
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Save the cheerleader, save the world!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2024 @843.62 »

I recently got the omnibus full-colour edition of Sazan & Comet Girl, which has gorgeous art and colourful worlds -- I'm about 50 pages in but I'm enjoying it.
I'm also partway through reading Kanata no Astra and Id-Invaded #Brake Broken. The former I have watched the anime for but I am loving having a physical version, and the latter is a two-volume sequel story to an original anime which I've watched. Both have premises which are right up my alley; I feel like every time I go to my local manga-stocking shops, there's not much of the sort of sci-fi I enjoy, but these are so far the main exceptions. If anyone knows any manga set in space, or near-future sci-fi thrillers, please do let me know.

Clear Skies!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

poetry thread: stuff you write, stuff you like

Started by DarmodejBoard ✑ ∙ Writing & Stationery

Replies: 12
Views: 2383
Last post July 26, 2024 @639.64
by spiralstaircase
Art thread!

Started by corvidBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 2
Views: 1583
Last post April 08, 2022 @684.06
by Karius
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!

Replies: 39
Views: 4562
Last post July 26, 2024 @631.31
by spiralstaircase

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi