Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @12.11 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 91/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  "The Murmur of Moss" - a composition I made loosely inspired by Riven (1997)

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: "The Murmur of Moss" - a composition I made loosely inspired by Riven (1997)  (Read 91 times)
WraithGlade
Newbie ⚓︎

ex-AAA game dev, writer, programmer, generalist

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: March 06, 2024 @182.14 »

I'm not 100% sure if posting our own music compositions on here is allowed, but I couldn't find any rule against it and so here I am.  :ozwomp: :dog:

Anyway though, as the title says, I composed some music that is loosely inspired by the soundtrack of the Riven (1997), which is one of the greatest puzzle games of all time and has some of the best world-building and scenery of any game I've played, even to this day despite being so old.

(By the way: I do recommend playing Riven if you haven't, especially if you are into world-building since I can scarcely think of a better example of world-building and atmosphere in a game!)

The composition's melody ended up gravitating in a somewhat different direction in the process of me building it up based on what fit. Consequentially, the piece ended up sounding kind of like "Riven... the JRPG"  :ok:  in my opinion. That's the closest I can think of to describe it anyway.

I also posted two alternative versions (hence three in total) that isolate only part of the track so that you can listen to either the ambience or the melody without the presence of the other if you feel inclined to do so.

The music is available for download as an MP3 from my site, alongside two earlier works (a Silent Hill inspired composition and a Chinese yangqin based composition).

I hope it brings at least a little bit of joy to your day! Anyway, have a great night everyone!  :ha:  :dive:

:ha::defrag::pc:
The Modern Software Experience
No matter how fast your computer becomes,
opening folders still randomly takes 10+ seconds.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What inspired you to create a personal website?

Started by NightdriftBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 41
Views: 4820
Last post July 11, 2023 @56.78
by Bede
Weird/surreal 3d environment i made

Started by ellievoyydBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 1872
Last post September 22, 2022 @593.21
by SGTCharlynne
I made an article

Started by JackFrostBoard ✑ ∙ Writers Corner

Replies: 2
Views: 756
Last post November 25, 2022 @61.55
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi