Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @601.60 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 68/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Howdy!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Howdy!  (Read 207 times)
Bone-A Lisa
Newbie ⚓︎

Feelin' Spooky

Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: March 14, 2024 @907.33 »

Hey Everyone, I'm Dakota! (he/him)

I am a Linux guy at heart, a dabbling hobbyist programmer, and an even more dabbling 3D artist. NixOS is my current linux distro of choice, and have been having a ton of fun ricing that setup recently, but I've been around the block using a bunch of different distros, starting as simple as core Ubuntu Desktop back in the day lol.

I am an abhorrent hobby jumper  :ohdear: ... From Blender art, 3D printing and painting Warhammer 40K minis, FPV Drone flying, etc. I've dipped my toes into a lot of different hobbies, but only a few of them stick. The one I've consistently been coming back to has been making 3D art in Blender. I have been having an absolute blast learning how to use the tool and trying to make some cool and creative pieces. I haven't been doing it long, but I have a few pieces that I am proud of. Here's my PixelFed Account if anyone is interested in taking a look! (This will eventually get integrated into my website, that's one of the big goals on the list!)

My hobby jumping, among a plethora of other reasons, has led me to believe I have some mildly severe undiagnosed ADHD lol. I'm no doctor, so I'm not sure if that's exactly what's been going on, but framing a lot of my struggles through that lens has been extremely beneficial to me in the past few years, and has put into perspective some life-long struggles I've had.

Anyway, one of these hyperfixations has been, of course, why I'm here: my website! I have had a professional website for a few years now. Hosting my collection of projects and links to my socials and GitHub and all that goodness. Then, a few days ago, I ran across that You've Got Kat video about the Indie Web, and I got super inspired. I wanted to de-corporatize my website and make it more for me. Of course, I also have an appreciation for early internet creativity, loving how original sites used to look. That, plus a new-found love of old wizard GIFs, has led me to building my new site!. It's not very finished, but I have just been cobbling together a bunch of stuff I find cool across the internet and slapping it on the site, and I have been having an absolute blast doing. It's by far the most giddy I've felt about having a website in YEARS!

Anywho... Sorry for the long-winded post, let me know what you think of my site, any feedback would be greatly appreciated! I'm excited to get to know everyone here!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024 @944.24 by Bone-A Lisa » Logged

Paprika
Full Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024 @600.44 »

Hello there !  :cheerR:

I feel you for the whole "hobby-jumping" thing, I had a friend that changed his favorite hobby every two weeks, sometimes it was exhausting, especially around the birthdays where I thought I'd make cool gifts and he already moved on...

Warhammer 40k minis ?! It's been a while ! I had a Tyranid army back in high school in the 2000's it was fun but when I moved for my new school I didn't had anyone to play with anymore and felt a bit lonely and painting wasn't as exciting if it was mostly for myself. But I still cherish that era of my life since there were good memories made.

Your website looks nice so far, give it some time and tooling, you'll build something cool in a short amount of time ! Remember to have fun and enjoy what you're doing

:transport:

Bone-A Lisa
Newbie ⚓︎

Feelin' Spooky

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2024 @932.01 »

I feel you for the whole "hobby-jumping" thing, I had a friend that changed his favorite hobby every two weeks, sometimes it was exhausting, especially around the birthdays where I thought I'd make cool gifts and he already moved on...

My girlfriend im sure can relate, I switch so fast she never really knows what to get me for gifts lol. Thankfully, I am always looking for an excuse to go back to previous hobbies, so I am always happy to get gifts like that.

Warhammer 40k minis ?! It's been a while ! I had a Tyranid army back in high school in the 2000's it was fun but when I moved for my new school I didn't had anyone to play with anymore and felt a bit lonely and painting wasn't as exciting if it was mostly for myself. But I still cherish that era of my life since there were good memories made.

That's awesome! Tyranid armies are always really cool looking!

I am slowly working on a Chaos Knight army right now. I don't really have anyone who I can play in person with either, so I really am just painting them to put on my miniatures shelf and say that I have one lol. I have been using Tabletop Simulator to play 40k with a couple of my friends online, though, and it's actually really sweet! I don't have in person experience, but it seems like a pretty good alternative if you don't have anyone in meatspace.

Your website looks nice so far, give it some time and tooling, you'll build something cool in a short amount of time ! Remember to have fun and enjoy what you're doing

Thanks! It's slow-going, but definitely having a blast!

virtue
Full Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2024 @220.02 »

Here's my PixelFed Account if anyone is interested in taking a look! (This will eventually get integrated into my website, that's one of the big goals on the list!)

Respect for the use of Pixelfed! I've been looking into pixelfed a lot lately and recently applied to pixelfed.art for an account! You seem like a very interesting fellow. I'll be looking through your site tomorrow. Hope to see you on XMPP maybe? There's a melonland XMPP group that started not too long ago! The server its hosted on appears to be down without notice as of a few hours ago though, not sure what's going on there. I see you use matrix though ;-; usually people use one or the other and can be kind of "us vs them" about it in my experience. Oh well!

I <3 RANDOM MESSAGES!!!
Bone-A Lisa
Newbie ⚓︎

Feelin' Spooky

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2024 @231.38 »

Respect for the use of Pixelfed! I've been looking into pixelfed a lot lately and recently applied to pixelfed.art for an account!

Thanks! I have a normal Mastodon account (I'm actually using a Misskey fork, lol) where I post more tech and personal related stuff. Wanted an account dedicated to just posting art, and Pixelfed seems to have some nice features. The main pixelfed.social instance is nice since there are plenty of users on there, but not a ton of non-photography artists, so I've considered moving a few times to have a better instance feed. I might look into pixelfed.art!

Hope to see you on XMPP maybe?

I see you use matrix though ;-; usually people use one or the other and can be kind of "us vs them" about it in my experience.

I might get an account created somewhere for XMPP, I've never tried it so it's worth a shot! :grin: Honestly, I mainly have Matrix for some specific groups that I'm in, as well as hoping that Matrix's group features get mature enough that I can try and convince my friends to replace Discord with it lol. It's... quite far away from that, but hopefully one day!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi