Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @994.78 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 94/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  hiiiiiii!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hiiiiiii!  (Read 286 times)
shydeer
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: March 14, 2024 @996.46 »

suuuuup? been lurking here for a while and decided to dip my toes in! here are some quick facts:
  • you can call me deer, shydeer, or miss-shydeer, as i'm known in many places across the web
  • my pronouns are she/her
  • i'm approaching 30 years old
  • i'm almost done with a masters degree in library and information science
  • i love the old web and all efforts to bring it back

here are some things i'm into!
  • art history
  • old shoujo manga/anime
  • video games (mainly RPGs)
  • fantasy novels
  • cooking
  • drawing in mspaint
  • gay stuff

i have a website -- it can be found here! it's a mess right now but it's MY mess and i love it. i'm learning a lot as i bumble around trying to do things i haven't tried yet. i've known html since i was a kid, but never built a site from the ground up before -- only customized profiles on websites and forum signatures. since the rise of neocities and the small/personal web revival i've envied the people who built wonderful sites that had such personality and life to them and desperately wanted to try it myself. i didn't know what i was going to do with my site, but i just dove in! and it's been slowly growing on and off over the past couple years as i try to balance my webmastery with my real life responsibilities; adding pages for this and that, anything that catches my fancy and i think i can do. it's been a nostalgic ride and has brought me tons of joy <3

i'm excited to meet some other people of a similar mind, and learn from people with more experience in webmastery!

Paprika
Full Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024 @609.19 »

Old shoujo manga and anime, wow ! I like this kind of art too ! Any old anime you'd recommend to someone that doesn't watch much of this kind ? I've seen "Lady Oscar", "Fruits Basket" and "Sailor Moon" !

also, hello and welcome to the MelonLand forums !!!
shydeer
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024 @646.35 »

hi!! thanks! ^____^ and thanks for the fun question -- as a librarian-in-training i love giving book recs!

"Lady Oscar"
if you like lady oscar for its art style, might i recommend onii-sama e? (from the same artist!)

or if you like it because of the women with swords element, you might like revolutionary girl utena!

"Fruits Basket
if you liked fruits basket for it's combination of drama, comedy, and tragedy, as well as realism with fantasy, you might like full moon wo sagashite!

"Sailor Moon"
if you like magical girl anime, you might try cardcaptor sakura

or if you like magical girl teams specifically, tokyo mew mew or mermaid melody pichi pichi pitch might be more your speed!

Nikodile
Casual Poster ⚓︎

loosey goosey

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2024 @664.97 »

Welcome to the forum, fellow RPG enjoyer!

What's your favorite RPG and are you playing anything currently?

shydeer
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2024 @678.60 »

Welcome to the forum, fellow RPG enjoyer!

What's your favorite RPG and are you playing anything currently?

hi, thank you!!

my favorite? hmmmm. it's a tie between fallout: new vegas (2010) and kingdom hearts 2 (2005)

currently i'm too busy with grad work to play a ton of video games, but when i find a few spare minutes i've been playing through little goody two shoes (2023)!

what about you? do you have a favorite, and/or a current playthrough? :^)

Nikodile
Casual Poster ⚓︎

loosey goosey

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2024 @693.82 »

my favorite? hmmmm. it's a tie between fallout: new vegas (2010) and kingdom hearts 2 (2005)
I've only recently really started getting into older Bethesda games starting with Oblivion (which I'm really enjoying), I tried FO:NV in the past, but I really had a hard time sticking with their games for some reason... I think I'd get too caught up with side stuff and get bored, but I'm hoping to try again and stick with it this time. KH2 is also fantastic! Definitely my favorite in the series, such good memories with that game.

i've been playing through little goody two shoes (2023)!
What do you think so far? I love horror/dark themes in RPGs like in Fear & Hunger and LISA

what about you? do you have a favorite, and/or a current playthrough? :^)
I recently got a new favorite! Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth blew my socks off this year, what a game. Before that, I'd say Pokemon G/S/C. Currently, I'm playing both Oblivion and Digimon Cyber Sleuth. Trying to play more western RPGs as most of what I played in my life has been JRPGs.

shydeer
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2024 @728.48 »

I've only recently really started getting into older Bethesda games starting with Oblivion (which I'm really enjoying), I tried FO:NV in the past, but I really had a hard time sticking with their games for some reason... I think I'd get too caught up with side stuff and get bored, but I'm hoping to try again and stick with it this time. KH2 is also fantastic! Definitely my favorite in the series, such good memories with that game.
oh nice!!!!! i love oblivion, and morrowind too. pretty much any bethesda game post-skyrim has failed to capture my interest, though. i hope you stick with fnv someday, it's maybe the most rewarding rpg i've ever played in terms of freedom and choice (and consequences, haha)

What do you think so far? I love horror/dark themes in RPGs like in Fear & Hunger and LISA
it's really neat!! i definitely appreciate all the effort put into the visuals. i struggle a lot with balancing hunger and exhaustion levels, but that's part of the fun. i have friends who like fear & hunger, i think i should check it out at some point

I recently got a new favorite! Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth blew my socks off this year, what a game. Before that, I'd say Pokemon G/S/C. Currently, I'm playing both Oblivion and Digimon Cyber Sleuth. Trying to play more western RPGs as most of what I played in my life has been JRPGs.
i adore the like a dragon series!!! my favorites are yakuza 0 and yakuza 7. both of them blew my socks off, which is a great way of putting it. such amazing stories and characters interwoven together. once i scrape some money together i'll play infinite wealth!
and i'm kind of trying to do the opposite, haha! apart from growing up playing pokemon, my rpg diet has been mainly western rpgs and so now i'm trying to get into jrpgs more! a while back i tried to play chrono trigger and though i liked it, i got drawn away by other more shiny new video games. i'll get back to it someday. i also really enjoyed octopath traveler and i'm planning on replaying it soon :^D

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi