Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 27, 2024 - @597.87 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 81/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  hii eveybo dy !!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hii eveybo dy !!  (Read 239 times)
syrupnx
Newbie ⚓︎

drifting across the ether of the net

StatusCafe: syrupnx
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: March 15, 2024 @64.66 »

good evening melonlanders ! i'm syrup, a trans girl drifting across the ether of the net :pc:

i am a bit of a retro tech nut. right now, i don't have much retro hardware like i used to, so instead im surfing the net and messing with html!

i have a general distaste with modern technology, especially when it comes to paywalled information, intrusive advertisements, and abuse of users by the big social media and tech companies. i have an xubuntu desktop computer, a macbook, and a steam deck.

i like to dabble in programming, but im not very good at it. i also enjoy reading and writing, as well as playing and sometimes designing games.

i maintain a site at https://syrupnx.space/ that is hosted on neocities. it doesnt have too much on it but i do have a few blog posts & a couple of things ive made.

looking forward to being here and more involved in the indie web ! :ozwomp:

♩ ALL THE RICH BOYS IN NIGHTGOWNS ♩
rhenn
Casual Poster ⚓︎

StatusCafe: rhenn

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024 @133.77 »

Hello, and welcome!

What sort of books/etc do you enjoy reading?

syrupnx
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024 @577.41 »

i enjoy a lot of science fiction stories! i recently finished The War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells, and i'm currently reading another book of his, The Time Machine :cool:

outside of books, i like to read different blog posts and other things on the internet, not necessarily anything specific.

i haven't read too many books recently outside of school, but im hoping to do so when i finish senior year in a couple of months

Paprika
Full Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2024 @605.16 »

Heyyy ! Welcome to the LemonLand Forum !  :cheerR:

SciFi Books are cool ! Have any favorite author ? I like Asimov, Jack Vance and Pierre Bordage ! My latest read is Joe Haldeman's "Forever War" it was super interesting to read ! My first Sci-Fi book was "Starship Troopers" from Robert A. Heinlein. I think it aged poorly nowadays, I found some stuff a bit dubious in intent...
syrupnx
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2024 @645.86 »

i don't think i have any favorite authors, i don't rember who wrote my favorite stories in the past, and i don't necessarily focus on who the author is for a story.
i can't really think of any specific author that i really enjoy because i do like to read other kinds of stories, and i also haven't been reading too much because i've been focusing on school a lot. i'll have to check out those other authors though!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi