Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
May 02, 2024 - @248.46 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  AI-Content Detector While Browsing?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: AI-Content Detector While Browsing?  (Read 361 times)
Yaya

StatusCafe: yaya

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: March 19, 2024 @646.52 »

Hi! As I continue to browse the web in 2023 I notice more and more content that I have a hunch has been written by AI. I was wondering if anyone knew of an add-on/extension/software which detects or highlights AI-Generated content while browsing? Not something you input text into and analyze but automatic. Anyone know of anything like this or think they could build something? Thoughts? Thank You!
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Always My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024 @651.72 »

I have not tested it myself yet, but there’s a filter list you can add to uBlock that cuts out a bunch of AI stuff!

https://github.com/laylavish/uBlockOrigin-HUGE-AI-Blocklist

It has instructions on how to add it to your browser if you don’t know how  :unite:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Yaya

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2024 @672.36 »

Thank You! I'll check it out!
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Always My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2024 @674.57 »

I just realised you wanted AI stuff highlighted not blocked! I think maybe it’s possible to alter the way uBlock works so that instead of hiding stuff, it could put a border or some other custom CSS on them - Id love to know if anyone knows how to do this. It could be used for cool stuff!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
BlazingCobaltX
Full Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2024 @698.09 »

I don't have a suggestion for highlighting, but recently I saw the tip that you should add "before:2023" to every search query. It seems to have helped people finding more things written by actual people.
Yaya

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2024 @817.42 »

I just realised you wanted AI stuff highlighted not blocked! I think maybe it’s possible to alter the way uBlock works so that instead of hiding stuff, it could put a border or some other custom CSS on them - Id love to know if anyone knows how to do this. It could be used for cool stuff!

The blocking is still super helpful! But yeah highlighting would be great as I'm sure some content will get through the filter, and it would also just be cool to see!
varve
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2024 @665.25 »

Ooh, interesting blocklist! Though if I'm reading it right, the uBlock Origin list looks like it only hides links to "ai content" in search results from google, ddg, and bing, not the content itself on a page, nor links to the content on any other search engine or page.

I wonder how that could be modified to take out (or flag) links to those sites on *any* page.
grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2024 @425.31 »

Oh man I would love a widget or something that would be like "this content" [highlighted area] seems to be ai content" or something.  :chef: I reckon we're not the only ones hoping for something like that, so maybe someone is trying to build something like that as we speak, hehe.

Yaya

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2024 @594.33 »

Oh man I would love a widget or something that would be like "this content" [highlighted area] seems to be ai content" or something.  :chef:

^^^That's exactly what I'm looking for! Honestly I would donate to someone if they were willing/had the technical knowledge to build something but I imagine, as others mentioned, that it would be quite challenging. Can still hope though!
cybherspace
Casual Poster ⚓︎

cruisin' the webz

StatusCafe: cybherspace
iMood: cybherspace

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2024 @221.19 »

Ironically, in order to properly detect this, you'd need an AI tool. There are some online like CopyLeaks, but unfortunately it is a paid "service" (which I am not sure you can call it a service except for maybe server costs).
Doing a little more digging, I was able to find an opensource AI detector called TypeTruth, but I can't vouch for it as I've never tried it. It also is not an add-on, but I wonder if it could be modified by someone motivated enough? Would be interested in the results if someone tries! Beyond my personal skillset.

Email me @ cybherspace@protonmail.com!

Yaya

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2024 @606.12 »

Ironically, in order to properly detect this, you'd need an AI tool. There are some online like CopyLeaks, but unfortunately it is a paid "service" (which I am not sure you can call it a service except for maybe server costs).
Doing a little more digging, I was able to find an opensource AI detector called TypeTruth, but I can't vouch for it as I've never tried it. It also is not an add-on, but I wonder if it could be modified by someone motivated enough? Would be interested in the results if someone tries! Beyond my personal skillset.

CopyLeaks looks like it's on the right track but it still requires inputting the text rather than scanning automatically while browsing. Still super cool and in the right direction!
Yaya

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2024 @618.47 »

Still following and hoping to find anything that could work while browsing if anyone has any leads! I know there are some AI-Image detectors for other browsers but haven't found anything for Firefox or on github.
Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2024 @344.70 »

I think this war is hopeless.
AI stuff will get much better and at one point, it will be impossible to differentiate.

Sharpen your very own antennas to detect that content. Birds only have two wings.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (1)

HELP: AdBlock detector

Started by JoacoEraBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 1
Views: 470
Last post February 23, 2023 @871.93
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi