Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @85.22 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 80/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Hello :-)

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello :-)  (Read 597 times)
Winternet

beep boop

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: March 21, 2024 @249.64 »

I am new to Melonland!  :omg:
    I haven't really had a chance to sit down and write an introduction, and I still do not have too much time to write one, but I wanted to put something here. I am autistic so I guess I should list my interests since I like talking about them. :-)

My interests:
    • Videogames
      • Project Zomboid
      • Elder Scrolls
        • Mostly Skyrim and Arena/Daggerfall
      • Zachtronics
        • Especially Last Call BBS
      • Zelda
        • Favorites are Majora's Mask and TOTK
      • Stardew Valley
      • Animal Crossing
      • Minecraft
        • Original, Wild World, and New Horizons
      • SimCity 3000 Unlimited and Sims 3 Pets
      • BG3 as of recently
        • Shadowheart and Karlach :loved:
      • Session: Skate Sim
      • Many more!
    • Computer Engineering/Science + Math
      • Calculus and Discrete Mathematics
      • Low-level programming and circuit design
      • Computer Networking
      • Cybersecurity is a big interest of mine
        • I especially love Red Teaming
      • I have in the past dabbled with full stack Web Development and find it very enjoyable :-)
      • General engineering subjects such as Physics and 3D Graphics Design
      General Hobbies
      • Skateboarding
      • Chess
        • Although it's been a while since I've played now
      • Doodling/Drawing
      • Language Learning
      • Traditional Puzzle Games
        • Sudoku
        • Solitaire
        • Nurikabe
        • Minesweeper
      • Video Editing
        • Have not done for a very long time
      • YTPs
      • Fast Rapping
        • Vocal stimming 🥳
      • Plushies!!!
      • Fidget toys
      • And I'm sure much more I can't recall at the moment.

I'm realizing that this list has gotten quite long so I'll stop! I love talking about things I like, but I should just put them all in an Excel document :P
But just a little bit more...
As far as music goes, I love hip-hop/rap and some of my favorite artists are Kendrick Lamar, MF DOOM, Eminem, Flobots, Tyler the Creator, Childish Gambino, and beyond.
I look forward to many lovely interactions here in Melonland.

:ozwomp:

j
Full Member ⚓︎

bleh bleh *gargle gargle*

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024 @759.41 »

welcome to the forum! i'd love to hear more about what programming you do. i've been writing in C for a long time now due to operating system constraints so i've been getting well-versed in mucking about with low-level stuff. i'm planning on writing the code for a watch using a RP2040 (a microprocessor from the folks over at Raspberry Pi) in ARM assembly soon; have you done anything cool you'd like to share?

i go by j, she/they :)
Paprika
Full Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2024 @872.12 »

Hello and welcome to the Melonland Forum !  :cheerR:

Hope you'll enjoy your time around ! I see you like Skateboarding, do you have one yourself ? You do it from time to time ? Ever played Tony Hawk games, if so did you liked them ? What do you think about the little "finger skateboards" as stim/fidget toys ?
zj
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: zeejay
iMood: zeejay

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2024 @943.37 »

Welcome to the forum !!  :ozwomp:

why dontcha have a peek at my site :eyes:
(23 years old)
this is Kurt ↓
gif of a ""tamaNOTchi". Click to feed!
click to feed him :3
Winternet

beep boop

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2024 @217.09 »

welcome to the forum! i'd love to hear more about what programming you do. i've been writing in C for a long time now due to operating system constraints so i've been getting well-versed in mucking about with low-level stuff. i'm planning on writing the code for a watch using a RP2040 (a microprocessor from the folks over at Raspberry Pi) in ARM assembly soon; have you done anything cool you'd like to share?

Sorry for the late response! That chip is so cool, now I want one! The coolest thing I've done so far is probably my first year engineering project where I made an autopilot for the glider my group built. My group mates worked on the body of the plane since I wasn't too familiar with the aeronautics and I worked on control systems for each of the control surfaces so that it would stabilize itself. I had a really good time with that project and my group mates were great!  :ozwomp:

I love programming in C and have only a tiny bit of experience in x86 so far. I honestly have more assembly language experience in a fictional assembly language from the puzzle game Shenzhen I/O by Zachtronics, which is a game based on embedded systems! It's really fun and I recommend checking it out.  :pc:

Winternet

beep boop

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2024 @218.84 »

Hello and welcome to the Melonland Forum !  :cheerR:

Hope you'll enjoy your time around ! I see you like Skateboarding, do you have one yourself ? You do it from time to time ? Ever played Tony Hawk games, if so did you liked them ? What do you think about the little "finger skateboards" as stim/fidget toys ?

I do own a few skateboards and longboards! I used to do it a lot more, but haven't in a while. It's something I always come back to. These days I prefer longboarding, but I love my skateboard too. I was really late to Tony Hawk games, but when I tried them I loved them! I used to love Skate 3, and currently am in love with Session: Skate Sim. I find it very relaxing. Skateboarding has always mellowed me out and the game is such a realistic simulation that the sounds soothe me. I absolutely ADORE finger skateboards, mainly tech decks! I have some myself and I'd use them a lot more if they weren't so loud!  :dog:

Winternet

beep boop

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2024 @219.06 »

Welcome to the forum !!  :ozwomp:

Thank you!  :cheerR:

j
Full Member ⚓︎

bleh bleh *gargle gargle*

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2024 @754.40 »

Sorry for the late response! That chip is so cool, now I want one! The coolest thing I've done so far is probably my first year engineering project where I made an autopilot for the glider my group built. My group mates worked on the body of the plane since I wasn't too familiar with the aeronautics and I worked on control systems for each of the control surfaces so that it would stabilize itself. I had a really good time with that project and my group mates were great!  :ozwomp:

I love programming in C and have only a tiny bit of experience in x86 so far. I honestly have more assembly language experience in a fictional assembly language from the puzzle game Shenzhen I/O by Zachtronics, which is a game based on embedded systems! It's really fun and I recommend checking it out.  :pc:

don't worry about response times - that's rarely an issue on forums :)

that's a super cool project to work on! i can't imagine how you'd even approach a project like that. i imagine it's pretty maths-heavy, too; did you have to implement kinematic and projectile algorithms yourself?

i haven't seen that game before but it looks pretty cool! it seems like the hardware version of TIS-100 (on gog.com) - a game i've been meaning to play for a while.

anyway, enjoy the forum!

i go by j, she/they :)
Winternet

beep boop

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2024 @881.83 »

don't worry about response times - that's rarely an issue on forums :)

that's a super cool project to work on! i can't imagine how you'd even approach a project like that. i imagine it's pretty maths-heavy, too; did you have to implement kinematic and projectile algorithms yourself?

i haven't seen that game before but it looks pretty cool! it seems like the hardware version of TIS-100 (on gog.com) - a game i've been meaning to play for a while.

anyway, enjoy the forum!

Surprisingly, it wasn't that maths heavy! I thought I'd need calculus or something, but no, with an mpu6050 it was as simple as making sure all axes returned to where they were calibrated. It was more of an auto-stabilizer, but we referred to it as an "autopilot." I hoped with more time we could have added what I consider to be autopilot, and have it return to home. Definitely a project for the future!

TIS-100 is actually made by the same studio! I love all of their games. I haven't tried TIS-100 yet, but I have purchased it. Last Call BBS has to be my favorite Zachtronics game so far.

McMagnetic
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Tell your mom, tell your dad, we were su-per-rad

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: magneticbat

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2024 @916.32 »

Hello! Welcome to the forum!!!
We have some stuff in common!!!!!
What's your favorite animal crossing game? And what do u typically play as in skyrim?
:D

Smile, Mephiskapheles loves you.

Winternet

beep boop

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2024 @173.52 »

What's your favorite animal crossing game? And what do u typically play as in skyrim?

My favorite Animal Crossing game has to be Wild World for the nostalgia, but these days I mostly check in on my New Horizons island.

In Skyrim, I typically play as a Dunmer or Nord, often lots of Conjuration. I'm currently doing a run (although haven't gotten to it in a while) where I'm on the hardest difficulty, anniversary edition's survival mode, and no mods! The goal is to get all achievements while playing with those settings (I've gotten all achievements before, but not on Steam).
One of my favorite playthroughs has to be my all-evil Dunmer. I would always play as a do-gooder, saving every NPC I could, so I thought it would be an interesting change of pace.

Winternet

beep boop

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2024 @184.94 »

Oh, I forgot to ask! I saw on your profile you're into ska music. My partner loves ska and was wondering if you had any recommendations for him!

McMagnetic
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Tell your mom, tell your dad, we were su-per-rad

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: magneticbat

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2024 @365.65 »

recommendations
Sure thing!
The Aquabats, The Toasters, Stalking Roxy, Bim Skala Bim, Jeffries Fan Club, My Superhero, The Insyderz, GOGO13, Chase Long Beach, Half Past Two and Flip The Switch are all good. Let me know what they think :)

Smile, Mephiskapheles loves you.

Misanthropic Monster™
Full Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

iMood: Misanthropic

View Profile WWW

bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2024 @910.69 »

:cheesy:
Hullo! I know what you mean, I love writing lists of things that interest me too and sharing them with people! I enjoyed reading your post :)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi