Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 30, 2024 - @894.90 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 87/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Weird creepy sounds from SW radio station

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Weird creepy sounds from SW radio station  (Read 160 times)
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Wanna be like :grin: but instead I'm like :sad:

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

20% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: April 05, 2024 @94.99 »

So i just got new C cells for my great grandpa's radio that he loved when he was still alive, and the main reason I wanted to get it working was because it had a SW button, and I wanted to try it out cuz I've never used it before. Once my dad finally got the C cells in, it started working again, and after it warmed up a bit, I took it to my room to mess around with it. It was picking up multiple different channels on FM, and it did too on AM, so I decided to try out the SW selector. I've always heard about weird channels on SW, and there were a few odd ones, like a military signal on one channel, a russian or portuguese or whatever talk channel on another, and BBC News.

But then, while I scanned the channels looking for stuff, I heard an awful, shril, shrieking series of tones that sounded like a concert from hell, and it sounded like something that would be in an H. R. Gieger production. It was this really strange, Giygas sounding thing that was just so dang creepy. Part of me knows its probably a military signal, but another part of me feels like ive been cursed to have some scary SCP creature with blank eyes suck me into my own personal hell at night.
I'll include the audio of the station in this topic (WARNING: CREEEEEPY!!!)
Is there any explanation for what this is?
Hope y'all dont get cursed btw LOL

* creepyradio.mp3 (560.04 kB - downloaded 78 times.)

* station.jpg (71.74 kB, 640x480 - viewed 11 times.)

sword-of-stabbing
Newbie ⚓︎

And I pierced the fell beast!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024 @157.41 »

That's definitely Slenderman. Haha. It's probably just weird interference of some strange frequency, maybe static mixed in with an actual broadcast? Maybe televangelists want to start a hoax about hell broadcasting radio? No idea.
On second thought it seems to just be interference. Maybe you picked up on static mixed with continuous wave?

.      |
|-----|>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
.      |
Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024 @648.32 »

Ah yes, the noisy magic of medium wave and short wave radio. The discovery of far worlds with the discovery of the MW-SW-LW-UKW switch... how the heck do we even survive with all those waves around us? One example, the tram was passing nearby, carrying it's electrical arm on the overhead wires. The radio goes completly out of control and then settles again. Another example, the weather. On a cloudy day, certain radio stations aren't available. Let's get even more mystical. At night, when (nearly) all of the human disturbances come to rest, the radio will reach much further. Especially on top of the highest blank mountain under the sparkling stars, the ether speaks to you thanks to your little signal reciever. But the aliens will only reach out for you, if you really try hard enough.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Weird/peculiar things you do when drawing

Started by DarmodejBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 15
Views: 2396
Last post September 09, 2023 @764.76
by bingus_baby
Weird/surreal 3d environment i made

Started by ellievoyydBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 1878
Last post September 22, 2022 @593.21
by SGTCharlynne
weird minecraft servers

Started by pancitoBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 2
Views: 1095
Last post July 28, 2022 @230.89
by Guest

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi