Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @167.58 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  Neocities on Polygon!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Neocities on Polygon!  (Read 2294 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« on: April 22, 2022 @521.08 »

I just noticed this when I was trying to figure out why I was getting some erratic views, but Neocities is on Polygon right now and a few sites have been mentioned (Including me :ozwomp:). Oooph as a game designer even being mentioned there is super exciting! Anyway you might enjoy the article!

https://www.polygon.com/23024357/neocities-social-media-alternative

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Obspogon
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Hi

StatusCafe: obspogon
iMood: Obspogon
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022 @752.84 »

it gave me a lot of sites to check out

----------------------
https://obspogon.neocities.org/
----------------------

cinni
Full Member ⚓︎

believe in your dreams <3

StatusCafe: cinni

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2022 @999.99 »

I wanted to share the article here but you beat me to it! I'm always excited to see neocities in the news but this was even better - i recognized so many of the sites! :O i bet you could start a CV of articles citing melonking.net :melon: that aside, i thought this was a good brief intro to neocities for the uninitiated!

pleb-hates-the-modern-web
Casual Poster

is this thing on?

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2022 @805.37 »

aaaa that's so cool! i wonder if we'll see some new friends on the forum here from polygon! :omg:
Neonriser
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of Nett

StatusCafe: neonriser
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2022 @736.25 »

Wow! It’s nice to have the small web acknowledged by people in the tech and internet industry once in a while! It’s no wonder why I have hope for the futures of many online communities to come…

Web design is my passion!

BananaBoots
Jr. Member ⚓︎

↑ Soooooo normal about him (lying)

StatusCafe: bananaboots
iMood: bananaboots

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2023 @464.02 »

That's so cool! :ozwomp: I'll be definitely checking out the sites mentioned in the article (the ones I wasn't already familiar with anyway)

Boots (it/he)

CyberCat2000
Casual Poster

Astral Dragon Mech Pilot

StatusCafe: cybercat2000

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2023 @990.14 »

A bit of an update: it's not just Polygon that's talking about NeoCities: TechSpot's talking about it too! I feel like this could be the start of something big if TWO sites are talking about it...

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2023 @21.92 »

This happening while social media is downward spiralling more than usual... Could convince some people to join this side of the web. Which is pretty exciting!

Memory
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2023 @130.54 »

I'm not sure how to feel about it. In one hand this means we could get more people making sites and interacting with others in a more personal way. On the other hand it could attract 'problematic' people. To me there's something more special about interacting with someone who found a site or chatroom on their own instead of going to it after reading about it.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2023 @827.12 »

It's great to see neocities promoted - There is a quote from a Kyle Drake interview that says "Thoughtful people tend to be better contributors" and I think that's how Neocities has remained such a unique (and generally positive) space even though its seen enormous growth- making a site is hard work, and you don't do hard work unless it's towards something your really proud of - I want the world to see these sites that everyone is so proud of  :grin:

HOWEVER; I must point out one major complaint about that TechSpot article; they are not crediting the sites they have screenshotted- that's really really not ok - sites are not content of neocities, they are independent spaces and they should be treated as such  :ohdear:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

I need help with neocities

Started by Kane VirkutisBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 1
Views: 1657
Last post February 25, 2022 @609.50
by Melooon
Where are IPFS backups on Neocities? ANSWERED!

Started by ellievoyydBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 3
Views: 2078
Last post March 17, 2022 @162.86
by PAINTKILLER
Help: how to change which html file appears as my thumbnail on neocities

Started by DJoftheCovenBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 3
Views: 1188
Last post August 15, 2022 @39.04
by DJoftheCoven

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi