Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @59.44 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 22/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 941.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: Love is not possession  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | | |-+  does anyone remember this film/program?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: does anyone remember this film/program?  (Read 720 times)
dirtnap

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: April 17, 2024 @996.09 »

i've been thinking about this for weeks and no amount of googling has helped.

i suddenly remembered a plot from something i watched years ago. unfortunately, no identifiable details are clear to me (character appearance, location, era, et cetera) and i can't even remember if it was a film or television program.

one character finds a piece of jewellery (a necklace? a ring? something else?) made of metal. this item is the exact same shape as their friends' birth mark. it's a really weird coincidence. the resemblance is exact, and it's a very distinct shape. they buy it for this reason. the two characters are amused and weirded out by this very strange coincidence.

later, the owner of that item travels back in time, and meets their birthmark'd friends' parents. said friend is also present, as a baby.

somehow, the baby gets burned by the item, meaning their birth mark was actually a scar from this burn. a burn from an item their friend wouldn't have even owned if that burn hadn't happened in the first place. a paradox.

i don't think this was The Plot of whatever it was, just a sort of fun paradox thrown in at the beginning and end because time travel writers cannot resist paradoxes.

i have been trying for ages and i CANNOT find whatever this was. did i make it up? it feels like such an obvious plot, like it's probably been done before, yet strangely i can't find any examples of it, not even "same plot, wrong film" or something.

does anyone have any idea what i'm talking about?

no js no shoes no problem
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024 @24.71 »

That sounds really really familiar. The time travel aspects remind me a bit of a book I read years and years ago (and forgot most of the plot of) called The Magic Half but I don't think that's it since it's not a movie or show, one of the friends lives IN the past and the main character goes back in time to befriend her, and the necklace doesn't ring a bell. But there were time traveling friends with unlikely connections, from what I recall.

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024 @46.90 »

This whole plotline sounds like some weird mix of Meet the Robinsons and Harry Potter. I dont think I recognize the movie the plots from though

ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2024 @731.48 »

Maybe an episode of some Twilight Zone-like series?

dirtnap

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2024 @969.97 »

That sounds really really familiar. The time travel aspects remind me a bit of a book I read years and years ago (and forgot most of the plot of) called The Magic Half but I don't think that's it since it's not a movie or show, one of the friends lives IN the past and the main character goes back in time to befriend her, and the necklace doesn't ring a bell. But there were time traveling friends with unlikely connections, from what I recall.

there is a non-zero chance it's actually a book and i just remember it as being on a screen. however, i don't think it's this book: it doesn't look familiar to me at all. (though now i'm curious anyway...)

This whole plotline sounds like some weird mix of Meet the Robinsons and Harry Potter. I dont think I recognize the movie the plots from though

i don't think i've seen meet the robinsons. can you remember which harry potter book you're thinking of? i know they had time-turners in the third and...fifth? books?

Maybe an episode of some Twilight Zone-like series?

ugh. you could be right, i watch a lot of those sort of things. could even be twilight zone itself. i'll look up some lists of episodes on wikipedia and see if anything rings a bell.

no js no shoes no problem
Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2024 @60.90 »

Man I hope you find out what this was... I'm so invested in knowing!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Do you remember IRC?

Started by m15oBoard ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving

Replies: 24
Views: 4400
Last post May 12, 2024 @985.95
by Junebug
Does anyone remember HyperCard? If so I have good news!

Started by TheFrugalGamerBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 8
Views: 1450
Last post December 08, 2023 @915.66
by di
Moments you remember

Started by MelooonBoard ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!

Replies: 13
Views: 1184
Last post July 23, 2024 @861.11
by Yek

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi