Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @216.27 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | | |-+  Classic/popular movies you've watched for the first time recently?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Classic/popular movies you've watched for the first time recently?  (Read 1474 times)
wangobangy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

vampires, please give me a chance

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: wangobangy

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: April 20, 2024 @753.38 »

I have been watching more "classic" movies recently that most people (seem to) have already seen. Just last night I watched The Matrix for the first time and I absolutely love it. I also watched both volumes of Kill Bill not long ago.

I'm late to a lot of movies that I feel like I should have seen sooner but I am having a lot of fun being able to watch these types of movies for the first time, not knowing much of anything about them. There are also a lot of classics I still haven't seen yet. The Exorcist comes to mind for me. There's also Fight Club, Pulp Fiction, Blade Runner, and a lot more.

Anyone else have any classic movies they haven't seen yet, or watched for the first time recently?

bby
Jr. Member ⚓︎

take my memories of her with u

StatusCafe: bumblebear
iMood: dahliahawthorne
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024 @928.53 »

i recently watched the first hellraiser movie. i liked it, but i don't really get the hype yet. maybe i need to watch more of the series?

makeup and stickers and ponies and myspace.com melonland.net! :ozwomp:

:sleep::wizard::happy:

:4u: digital pet hoard
:mail: wanna be pen pals?
almostcorporeal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

you are a violent and irrepressible miracle

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2024 @121.93 »

i recently watched the first hellraiser movie. i liked it, but i don't really get the hype yet. maybe i need to watch more of the series?

i think 2 is also really good but im not sure how crazy on it you'll be if you dont get the hype of the first one
it gets worse from there imo

as for my movie, i watched top gun recently! it was pretty good, it made me cry cuz i got attached to goose lol

the holy inquisition finds you guilty of heresy and you and your descendants must be cleansed in blood
grovyle

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2024 @604.53 »

i've been doing this slowly but surely in my """adult""" years. a few months ago i watched the sixth sense and the shining for the first time. the first one i did actually like, the second one not so much but i can still see why it became a classic
tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2024 @665.16 »

I've actually mentioned this in another thread already, but I did watch the original Blade Runner recently. Very 80s (complimentary) and I prefer a bit faster pacing in my media, but the emotional side made up for it tenfold. Still haven't made my way over to the sequel though.

The Matrix is also definitely on my list, thanks for the reminder!

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
wangobangy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2024 @736.92 »

the second one not so much but i can still see why it became a classic

I feel the same way about The Shining. I can understand why people love it so much, but I didn't really care for it all too much. I guess that's my big "controversial" opinion as a horror fan. I haven't seen The Sixth Sense yet, but it did get spoiled for me, so I am not sure how that is going to impact my enjoyment of it when I get around to it.

wangobangy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2024 @738.90 »

Hellraiser is one of my all time favourite movies. I'm a big fan of everything it does. I love Clive Barker too, but his stuff isn't for everyone. The first sequel is the only one worth watching (based on what I know) but I agree with almostcorporeal, that maybe the Hellraiser movies just aren't your thing.

fancypengy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

im like you without good moods

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2024 @30.75 »

This is a great question ^~^ I've been watching a ton of "cult classic" movies for the first time recently. The last one was Paranormal Activity (2007), was not a huge fan of that. Also recently watched Groundhog Day, I think that's a classic? I liked that one a bit more :)

grovyle

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2024 @561.26 »

I haven't seen The Sixth Sense yet, but it did get spoiled for me, so I am not sure how that is going to impact my enjoyment of it when I get around to it.

my letterboxd review for it is "the twist at the end must've been very original at the time but they did a really bad job of hiding it", i figured it out maybe half an hour into it and still quite liked it. at times it's more of a character study than an actual movie with a plot, which is good if people figure out your big revelation less than halfway through lol
soft-star
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2024 @682.31 »

People used to yell at me when I told them I had never seen The Sound of Music. I recently watched it and holy moly I get why everyone was so mad! Worth every bit of the hype imo.

soapfriendo
Jr. Member ⚓︎

soap, it/they

iMood: soapfriendo

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2024 @421.79 »

i watched akira for the first time a few months ago!! can't remember much but the visuals tickled my brain quite a bit

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2024 @258.63 »

I watch a LOT of movies (like I literally watch one every other day lmao) so there isn't a lot of classics I haven't seen yet, but a few movies that I think are considered as such I've seen recently have been Chicago, Moonstruck, and Minority Report. I honestly loved all three of them, but my favorite would probably have to be Chicago. A flawless musical movie in every single way :transport:

larvapuppy
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2024 @283.09 »

No Country for Old Men is one that was very popular when it came out, but I only watched it last week.  :omg:  It was a really interesting movie; I understand the hype!

the end of an era, one starts anew
almostcorporeal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

you are a violent and irrepressible miracle

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2024 @27.72 »

currently working through the lord of the rings movies (:
i've watched fellowship and two towers so far (extended cuts) and i'll probably watch return of the king tomorrow. i'm enjoying it although i'm normally not huge on fantasy settings

the holy inquisition finds you guilty of heresy and you and your descendants must be cleansed in blood
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2024 @377.31 »

They were showing Alien again in the cinemas for its 45th anniversary, so I went to see it front-row with a group of friends (I had never seen it before). It's incredible how well it still holds up today: if I saw it when it was released it probably would've been my favorite movie!

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 265
Views: 26533
Last post July 10, 2024 @965.09
by ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 6057
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3751
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi