Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @143.54 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  Can anyone help me with this Firefox issue?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Can anyone help me with this Firefox issue?  (Read 400 times)
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: April 30, 2024 @744.13 »

Figured I might ask this here? But ever since I got my new laptop earlier this year I've been having a strange audio issue with Firefox specifically that I can't find any information on online! I've trawled through Mozilla's help forums, Reddit, absolutely everything and I can't find any answers.

Basically, every time there's "overlapping" sounds, the sound that was playing previously will briefly pause rather than continuing to play. So, if I'm playing a youtube video in another tab and get a discord notification, it will briefly mute the video. If an element in a site plays audio on click, it will pause the audio playing in the background of the site. It's super annoying and distracting.

I've checked on other browsers and the issue isn't present, and on my old computer I didn't have this issue with Firefox. So what's up with that? So far I've gone as far as doing a Firefox refresh, but it didn't fix anything. I am at my wit's end!

ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2024 @746.45 »

What OS are you using? Can you play "overlapping" sounds from different applications?

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2024 @749.35 »

What OS are you using? Can you play "overlapping" sounds from different applications?

Windows 11. Other applications work fine, it's just sounds within Firefox that conflict with each other. I've tried peeking at about:config but it got confusing fast  :dunno:

(I realized that the mention of discord might be a bit confusing there. For clarity: I use discord in-browser)

ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2024 @754.93 »

Windows 11. Other applications work fine, it's just sounds within Firefox that conflict with each other. I've tried peeking at about:config but it got confusing fast  :dunno:

I know somewhat similar problems from using old audio drivers on Linux, but the problem affected the whole system in these cases. Even though there is the possibility that somebody who is able to help will come along, I'd guess that your best chance is to make a posting in either the Firefox support forum or their subreddit - afaik there are developers and Mozilla support people around who should be able to help you.

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2024 @755.58 »

I know somewhat similar problems from using old audio drivers on Linux, but the problem affected the whole system in these cases. Even though there is the possibility that somebody who is able to help will come along, I'd guess that your best chance is to make a posting in either the Firefox support forum or their subreddit - afaik there are developers and Mozilla support people around who should be able to help you.

Will do. Thanks. It's really flummoxing!

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2024 @785.69 »

WELP I decided to mess around with computer audio settings just in case it was the computer, and thankfully changing the bitrate seems to have fixed it? So that's a relief, mystery finally solved! I'm still wondering why it only seemed to effect One Specific Thing...  :drat:

ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2024 @669.02 »

Well, good that it is fixed  :grin:.
There is also a certain amount of magic in technology, isn't it?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Yesterweb Zine - Issue 02 - Websites as an Act of Creativity - OUT NOW!!

Started by sadnessBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 4
Views: 1736
Last post April 27, 2022 @745.66
by Dojidave
Happy Thanksgiving fellow Canadians!!!

Started by SilkSkullBoard ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!

Replies: 2
Views: 870
Last post October 11, 2022 @968.37
by SilkSkull
Moderation Requests - How to deal with issues on this forum!

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 0
Views: 1207
Last post January 05, 2023 @811.69
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi