Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @76.35 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 21/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 924.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :eyes: ~ Inconvenience is counterculture ~ :eyes:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | | |-+  Louie Zong fans?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Louie Zong fans?  (Read 680 times)
plasticseaslug
Casual Poster

plastic animals in cellophane waters. | he/it

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: plasticseaslug

View Profile

Blue Man In The Clothes Dryer Award (?)Joined 2024!
« on: May 02, 2024 @638.37 »

Every couple of months I have a huge Louie Zong kick, and right now I'm experiencing one of the. I really enjoy the approach he takes to creating art; it's like, it just has to be fun! It can be cute or spooky or weird or funky, so long as you like it. I also commonly listen to his music while I'm working, especially the album Funky Friends and his dungeon synth work. Love that guy fr.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024 @639.97 by plasticseaslug » Logged

Scootarooni
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: scootarooni
iMood: scootarooni

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024 @981.19 »

I Love Louie Zong! With the exception of this past year, he's consistently been a top artist on my spotify wrapped.

I really love how he gets these like....new art medium kicks. I'm not exactly sure how to word it, but for instance he's been doing a lot of 3D/Blender stuff recently. It's incredibly cool to see how he approaches it because his style alone gives some super unique results!

He's a huge source of inspiration for me and he (and the McElroys) got me through many grueling study and classwork sessions back in college.

Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Any/All

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2024 @983.84 »

Louie Zong was the person who got me into the web revival actually! In his animation "Shmorby's guide to the internet" you can see that there is a domain listed in there called "shmorby.com" curiously I tried that and got redirected to shmorby.neocities.org which displayed a simple page of shmorby welcoming the viewer to their web zone. But then I got curious about the "neocities.org" part and decided to look at it. That one move would unravel a field of curiosity for HTML and CSS! :ha:

His animations are cute and lovely, my personal favorites are "ghost janitor" and "hello world", Although I will admit that it has been a while since I've checked up on em...

:ozwomp: my beloved

Luminescent
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2024 @38.02 »

I also commonly listen to his music while I'm working, especially the album Funky Friends and his dungeon synth work. Love that guy fr.

Oh hey, I love Funky Friends! My other favorites: dawgz, In the Willows, and surfin' GBA - but I love a lot of his stuff.

Anybody listened to Scrapbook Studio yet?  :cheesy:

foxmosis
Casual Poster

thought about making my name on here twofrogs but

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2024 @91.62 »

louie zong feels like he's having so much fun with the stuff he makes it's infectious and makes me feel like that I'M having fun, big fan

with that said, i haven't given all the work a proper dive so maybe i'll start with scrapbook studio!

Luminescent
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2024 @253.10 »

louie zong feels like he's having so much fun with the stuff he makes it's infectious and makes me feel like that I'M having fun, big fan

with that said, i haven't given all the work a proper dive so maybe i'll start with scrapbook studio!

I love how you phrased that because I feel the same way! The fun he has with his music really is infectious.

If you end up listening to Scrapbook Studio, let me know. I'd love to hear your thoughts  :smile: .
foxmosis
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2024 @792.60 »

Yeah!!  I'll keep you posted!!

plasticseaslug
Casual Poster

plastic animals in cellophane waters. | he/it

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: plasticseaslug

View Profile

Blue Man In The Clothes Dryer Award (?)Joined 2024!
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2024 @137.56 »

Oh hey, I love Funky Friends! My other favorites: dawgz, In the Willows, and surfin' GBA - but I love a lot of his stuff.

Anybody listened to Scrapbook Studio yet?  :cheesy:

OMG yes, it goes so incredibly hard.

Luminescent
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2024 @208.13 »

Yeah!!  I'll keep you posted!!

Yay! I'm looking forward to it~

OMG yes, it goes so incredibly hard.

Yeah!!!

Speaking of, I've just now gotten around to listening to Aquarium City, and wow... This might be my new favorite.
foxmosis
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2024 @600.96 »

Yay! I'm looking forward to it~

Yeah that was a tasty time! :wizard:
There's a lot of really cool sounds going on here and it stays lively the whole time!  When Rave At The Goodwill hit I audibly said "Yes, what the hell, yes!" so this was a good time!
Favorite tracks: Reach For!, The Best Thing Since Sliced Piano, Rave At The Goodwill, Shuffleboard Tournament, and Forever, Blue

sokil
Jr. Member ⚓︎

listen, there's music in the air

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: sokil
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2024 @732.91 »

i've only learned of louie zong recently but his stuff is awesome! aquarium city was actually recommended on my youtube homepage; i thought the album artwork was SUPER cool so of course i had to give it a play. my first listen was during an evening walk and it really did not disappoint - just jamming and walking on a cool summer night while the sun goes down B) as the kids say, it is most certainly a vibe!

from aquarium city, i started working my way backwards a bit and did the same with rat taxi. i thought the title track was hilarious and absolutely loved that album as well. his work is definitely super cool and always near the top of my list when i'm looking to check out something i haven't heard before; maybe i'll play something later today :O

i actually didn't know he created animations and artwork as well, but i'm excited to check those out, too!!!

a drowsy line of wasted time bathes my open mind

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

I found an intresting X-Files Fansite

Started by easy_breezyBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 5
Views: 2741
Last post July 10, 2022 @438.16
by myry
Any other kpop fans here?

Started by PurpleHello98Board © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 4
Views: 1377
Last post November 04, 2023 @607.27
by Memory
It's Not Stupid, It's Advanced! (A brand-new, shiny Invader Zim fansite!)

Started by CooperationIsKeyBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 11
Views: 1638
Last post August 08, 2024 @646.01
by Bone-A Lisa

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi