Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @84.85 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 21/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 916.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  Armchair Philosophical Musings on Audience Reach Problems

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Armchair Philosophical Musings on Audience Reach Problems  (Read 1681 times)
BlazingCobaltX
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2024 @607.07 »

This thread was the perfect reminder for myself to get my ass to work on one of my own fan endeavours (a content overview). While the fandom for that has quieted down, I still see it as my task to add updates as far as willpower will take me. I realised a while ago that even if there is little interaction with other fans, there surely is someone that will stumble upon this overview for the first time and find it extremely useful. That's what matters to me. I also really liked Melon's thoughts on this:

So I love when people enjoy my sites today, and I'm glad that they can get value out of them and we can collaborate together on discussions like what happens on this forum; but in the back of my mind, I'm always thinking that the real audience I'm working for is a world I'll never see and a time I can never imagine  :defrag:

Making a new account for the website sounds like a good idea, just so it can gain traction separate from your name and personal opinions. But if you really care about audience reach like with Google searches, you may have to employ the Cursed Tactics like SEO optimisation and cookie tracking. But considering this is a small fandom, you will probably never reach your truly desired audience number. You may need to acknowledge that the site may be read by 1/100th of the fandom, but that the people who took the time to click through and read do really appreciate your effort. 
Junebug
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Vanitas Vanitatum Omnia Vanitas

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Vanitas no Carte fanJoined 2024!
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2024 @68.84 »

But considering this is a small fandom, you will probably never reach your truly desired audience number.

This is probable and I will be resigned to my fate. I'm just wondering how hard I should fight my fate before I give up. Probably social media for just the site would be enough. Figuring out SEO would be time away from what I really want to do, which is writing content for the webpages.

My preferred programming language is AutoHotKey.

"What you thought was a given was in reality a product of miracles."

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

I have reached my archival maximum (when your crazy ideas actually work out)

Started by CeleBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 3
Views: 534
Last post July 05, 2023 @725.69
by Cele
Game Jams -problems and improvement

Started by ThunderPerfectWitchcraftBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 16
Views: 1203
Last post January 01, 2024 @743.28
by ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
problems with catbox.moe?

Started by kepler-16bBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 1
Views: 666
Last post April 30, 2024 @831.15
by honowo

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi