Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @68.23 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 21/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 932.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ♺ ∙ Web Crafting Materials
| | |-+  PHP Guestbooks- any suggestions?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PHP Guestbooks- any suggestions?  (Read 935 times)
kzuich
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« on: May 12, 2024 @140.68 »

Heya, people! :D

I wanted to see if anybody here has implemented a PHP guestbook on their server. I don't feel comfortable enough with PHP/SQL yet to try and tackle coding one myself from scratch- the most I've done with PHP has been using it to populate certain portions of my site (like then navbar). My biggest problem is that I am concerned about the database aspect of it (sanitizing user input and the like...I'm just not familiar enough with that stuff to take that on and I don't want to open myself up to attacks).

I was hoping to implement a guestbook that I can host myself, rather than relying on a third-party service, especially in light of 123guestbook shutting down. I would also prefer not to rely on Google docs.

Am I crazy? Should I just stick to third-party guestbooks and embed it into my site? Or is this something anybody has done here before?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024 @153.47 by kzuich » Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2024 @558.16 »

I'm aware of Gecko's MiniGB! I haven't tested it so I'm not sure how stable it is, but the code looks pretty good! You can download the latest version here.

I'm sure there must be others out there too :omg:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
kzuich
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2024 @810.51 »

I'm aware of Gecko's MiniGB! I haven't tested it so I'm not sure how stable it is, but the code looks pretty good! You can download the latest version here.

I'm sure there must be others out there too :omg:

You are awesome, thank you! :)
kzuich
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2024 @884.68 »

I wanted to post an update on the PHP guestbook front, I found out that Angora Guestbook received a ver 2.0 that will work with modern PHP and SQL. :) I've been testing it out locally, it's pretty cool! I'm not sure if it's what I'm going to go with, but I wanted to throw it out there!

The github is here if anyone is interested in checking it out!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024 @15.01 by kzuich » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

My system's doing a con panel on web design, any tips or suggestions?

Started by xX_irkeneonz_XxBoard ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!

Replies: 2
Views: 1390
Last post May 27, 2022 @570.76
by xX_irkeneonz_Xx
Link suggestions for the MelonLand main page!

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 4
Views: 1269
Last post December 14, 2022 @777.13
by lime360
Looking for criticisms and suggestions!

Started by dotmidiBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 3
Views: 1134
Last post December 16, 2022 @821.63
by loren

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi