Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @103.26 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 19/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 897.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  Quotes not working?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Quotes not working?  (Read 607 times)
milo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

whoa!!

⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: May 16, 2024 @830.21 »

I hope I'm not missing something here...

Since joining up I've been trying to reply to posts using the quote and multi-quote feature. But when I click the button that says "insert quote into new post" nothing happens. The page doesn't change at all.

I'm using Firefox and I've tried it on 2 different computers and the same thing happens. Is there something else I'm supposed to be doing?

ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024 @942.49 »

Works for me using FF 115.10.0esr (64-Bit).
Just tried to select mutliple quotes; the button goes red, and when I click on the "x quotes" button, I can click on "Insert quotes into new post"; they weren't there instantly, but appeared after what felt like 1.5sec.

What are you doing, and what happens?

milo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

whoa!!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2024 @285.49 »

I do the same procedure there, click "quote" or "multi-quote", then I click where it says "X quotes" in the bottom left and a window pops up. I click the "add quotes to new post" button and nothing happens. The page and the window with the quotes in them stays in the same.

I've tried it on a laptop running Ubuntu Linux and a Desktop running Windows 10... seems really strange.

ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2024 @287.69 »

A shot in the blue: Might javascript be blocked?

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2024 @383.61 »

Working fine for me too and on my test account! If you use particular browser plugins on both OSs, try disabling them temporarily to see if one of them is the cause - in particular ones that modify or mess with links.

You can also open the inspector and look at the console when you're trying to quote, that will tell you if you have any errors  :omg:

A shot in the blue: Might javascript be blocked?
This ones unlikely since the Multi-Quote button needs JS to show up in the first place!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
milo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

whoa!!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2024 @669.88 »

Good suggestion with the console.

When I click the quote button this pops up:

"Uncaught DOMException: Permission denied to access property "post_mquotes" on cross-origin object"

And when I click the add quotes button I see this:

"Uncaught DOMException: Permission denied to access property "closeLightbox" on cross-origin object"

The only extension or plugin I use is adblock which I disabled to test this and still no changes. :(

EDIT: Getting the same errors in Chrome too. What the heck!!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024 @672.03 by milo » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2024 @672.87 »

on cross-origin object"
Aha! You are using the forum inside a frame! Yes, I can confirm the quotes don't work inside frames :omg: You've found a bug!

Are you using the forum inside my website? :grin: At any rate, if you click the little pointing hand at the bottom left it will pop you out of the frame and quotes should work then! Or just go here.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
milo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

whoa!!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2024 @707.26 »

Aha! You are using the forum inside a frame! Yes, I can confirm the quotes don't work inside frames :omg: You've found a bug!

Are you using the forum inside my website? :grin: At any rate, if you click the little pointing hand at the bottom left it will pop you out of the frame and quotes should work then! Or just go here.

Woohoo!! That did it!! Thanks for the help!!

Yes I was definitely browsing the forum inside the website teehee. :D

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Do you like death note?

Started by JackFrostBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 16
Views: 2294
Last post March 07, 2024 @830.49
by Diggon
! ( how to get websites working on DSi? )

Started by JackFrostBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 7
Views: 968
Last post January 18, 2023 @922.37
by Memory
What are you working on at the moment?

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 168
Views: 14072
Last post August 30, 2024 @257.05
by xixxii

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi